• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] What do you do with runics?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for hammers, I use DC, shadow, copper, bronze, and val for reforge.. I don't use gold, aggy, or verite -- because gold and aggy max out mods usually, but are inferior to val..

On mallets I use Dc, shadow, verite, val -- and the middle ones are basically junk

Just curious what everyone else uses these for.

Thanks

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr Chisels on atl -- I saw that a lot of his runics are 1-10m (DC to val..) except copper and gold are priced at 50m.. any clue why copper and gold runics are so high for stone crafting?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr Chisels on atl -- I saw that a lot of his runics are 1-10m (DC to val..) except copper and gold are priced at 50m.. any clue why copper and gold runics are so high for stone crafting?
copper are the only runic mallets i use. their what you use to get clean 10 stam stone pieces for imbued 210 stam thrower suits.

when theres no copper, i settle for bronze. you can still get 10 stam but more likely to get junk mods.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
copper are the only runic mallets i use. their what you use to get clean 10 stam stone pieces for imbued 210 stam thrower suits.

when theres no copper, i settle for bronze. you can still get 10 stam but more likely to get junk mods.
Not sure I understand the need for 210 Stamina on a thrower...

I mean, sure, it allows to swing a Cyclone at 1.25 with 0% SSI but why should one play a thrower with zero SSI on a suit ??

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure I understand the need for 210 Stamina on a thrower...

I mean, sure, it allows to swing a Cyclone at 1.25 with 0% SSI but why should one play a thrower with zero SSI on a suit ??
its more for soulglaives. in pvm 200 damage every 1.25 is very nice, in pvp faster is always better.

i never really thought about a cyclone, but an extra mod slow is always nice to have a guess.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh i saw those mallets on the vendor too. i think they were just listed wrong or something. i bought some copper mallets for 5mil per 100 charge. ive paid Alot more than that for copper mallets. 2 mil per 10 chargers was average for a while. hate to say it but i think that vendor scripts or dupes, cause mallets are insanely hard to get.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh i saw those mallets on the vendor too. i think they were just listed wrong or something. i bought some copper mallets for 5mil per 100 charge. ive paid Alot more than that for copper mallets. 2 mil per 10 chargers was average for a while. hate to say it but i think that vendor scripts or dupes, cause mallets are insanely hard to get.
http://stratics.com/community/threads/tweak-requests-suggestions.298553/page-3#post-2359066

Check out that post, and like to vote for it :) or add to it

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its more for soulglaives. in pvm 200 damage every 1.25 is very nice, in pvp faster is always better.
I see, with Soulglaives even at 210 stamina you still need a minimum of 55% SSI (CAP is 60%) on the suit to swing at 1.25.

How much SSI did you have to imbue on the soulglaive in order to reach a total of 55% for the whole suit ?
Or, better, since you are using stone armor, is it possible with stone armor to imbue SSI on armor pieces ?

Or do you go with tinker legs, ranger's cloak, and some SSI split between ring and bracelet ? Are you using the Breastplate of the Berserker which carries SSI 10% ?

Also, if you are using the Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker and the Breastplace of the Berserker for their 20% SSI bonus, this means that you can only use 4 stone armor pieces which makes the stamina bonus 4 x 8 = 32.

How do you get then up to 210 stamina ? You have real stamina 210 - 32 = 178 points ??

Thanks.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "Best" option is to reforge 5 pieces of garg stone armor with copper mallets for "of haste" to get them with 10 stam, then 1 garg earrings with copper runic hammer for 10stam.
Combine that with 15 ssi on jewels ( a ten and a five, or a ten and the town ssi bonus)
Reforge soulglaive for "of haste" to get 40ssi
Really need 50 ep to get your stats up
25 is ok, but mana will be low.

I made a pvm 210 stam setup using Soulglaive reforged for "of the vampire" with copper hammers to get overcapp mana leech (it only shows 50, but when you imbue ssi it Stays at 50 even with 30ssi) you can tell the overcap mana leech ones cause they usually have 2 mods only (mana leech and damage increase)

With this setup, i have 30ssi on weapon, 25 on suit (this is on a shard with no reliable ssi buff, so 2 10ssi jewels and ranger cloak)

Now that you can reforge earrings and amulet for 10stam, you dont need stam on jewels anymore, but it can still be usefull. not worth it imo, but you could use berserker breatplate and 2 5 stam jewels, or use one 4 or 5 stam jewels the be able to use 2 armor pieces with only 8 stam. This is really useful if you find a good 8stam garg shame loot arty, or if you want to reforge a piece for hci instead of stam

In my opinion 6 10 stam pieces, 15ssi on suit (or 10 with town bonus) unforgiven veil is best setup. Remember gargs get free 5hci, so only need 40 total hci on suit.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see, with Soulglaives even at 210 stamina you still need a minimum of 55% SSI (CAP is 60%) on the suit to swing at 1.25.

How much SSI did you have to imbue on the soulglaive in order to reach a total of 55% for the whole suit ?
Or, better, since you are using stone armor, is it possible with stone armor to imbue SSI on armor pieces ?

Or do you go with tinker legs, ranger's cloak, and some SSI split between ring and bracelet ? Are you using the Breastplate of the Berserker which carries SSI 10% ?

Also, if you are using the Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker and the Breastplace of the Berserker for their 20% SSI bonus, this means that you can only use 4 stone armor pieces which makes the stamina bonus 4 x 8 = 32.

How do you get then up to 210 stamina ? You have real stamina 210 - 32 = 178 points ??

Thanks.
usually your real dexterity is 110. then 10 from crimson/veil. 50 ep gives 30 which brings you to the dex cap (150) after the dex cap is where you need stam.

I use corguls sash for dci and to get 211 stam, but also have just a little stam regen on the suit (usually 2 or 3) so could get away with going 210 stam only and adding in lieut sash.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another setup i like, it only swings at 1.5 speed but is still very effective.
For this setup i use breastplate of the berserker, 2 ten ssi jewels, and 30 on glaive.
60 total swing speed allows me to swing at 1.5 down to 150 stam, so Lots more room for regens, damage eaters, etc. I have 150 or 151 stam Before pots on this setup, so after pots i have around 25 or 30 stam points i can lose after taking a very hard hit and still be swinging at 1.5 speed. Also good for if you lose your pots lol. I used this setup on few event characters and it was very effective. Good for pvp too, you can really fit in Alot of mods this way. Id use one shame loot artifact with high resists, good regens, and 1 stat, then build around that.