• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do we actually expect with Pub 109?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Although Pub 109 could technically be up to 5 weeks away (if they wait until July 31 to release it), it could be released as soon as next week. That said, I've logged on to test a few times to test a few pets and templates (not relating to any publish) and I haven't noticed anything new.

I know the "big thing" is the EM tool which doesn't apply to anyone actually playing but the other things that I remember seeing was for a "revamp to the quest screen to make it easier for future quests" that doesn't appear to actually be in yet (with under 5 weeks to go). They also mentioned setup for new items for Halloween etc and I don't see anything available to be tested. They also mentioned 23 year anniversary items (which should come out in Sept) that I haven't seen even the slightest hint of those on test.

So is it just me or is there very little to judge publish 109 by right now? For all intents and purpose, they could simply just tweak whatever EM tools they already had (or do nothing) and since 99% of the population isn't an EM we would never know so the only thing to judge Pub 109 on is the other stuff we will actually see (which currently is nothing on TC1).

I'm hoping someone else actually has some insight on Pub 109 because right now I feel like this is exactly what happens right before I take an extended leave from UO; they go almost a year without any real new content and everything gets to be too repetitive for me.

Quest screen that was proposed for Pub 109 versus what's actually in TC1 today.
1592922603614.png Versus 1592922636596.png

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the EMs will be able to create their own CDs ? Uhh, yay ??? Give me better dynamic quests over someone elses idea of a good time, any day.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If pub 109 stops EM events from being "here's a mob with a billion hp, kill it." I'll consider it a win. But I'm still hoping that the new EM tool update will allow the devs to rapidly create new content. It seems like that is the goal.

Imagine a world where a dev can just plop a champ spawn wherever they want, no publish required. The only thing that would need to be done is making new rewards. That is what I'm hoping we get out of this publish, and it seems like this is a step in the right direction.

Then again, they'll probably just screw it up. Who knows.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Same thing I always expect of late... another massive disappointment in the direction of the game. A let down with little to no actual content and any content added to ruin things that once were fun.

Edit: Oh and a massive increase in cheating... scripting and exploiting of the game for monetary gain by the player base that remains... and nothing to be done to stop it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they do the new EM tools thing correctly, it could work out well. There's been a lot more players than usual lately so it's very important that they have something to do before they get bored and leave. This is Atlantic right now, it's bursting with people like the old days.

Untitled.png Untitled1.png

Untitled3.png Untitled4.png

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
more crap for sale in the store, and the stupid fools will buy, Mesanna gets a pat on the back and creates more INSTEAD of new content, fixing bugs, fixing broken content, or getting a grip on the scripters I report almost daily.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
its working as intended, lol. there is plenty to do the game, almost too much. I also thought they redoing quest system. no comment

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The quest system has needed an overhaul for years, there seems to be two different systems and it's confusing, it needs to be consistent and easy to find what quests you are on. Yes it's a necessity but it's not new content, it's just doing what should have already been done years ago. EM tools are also not new content and then we will probably get the rehashed Halloween, Anniversary and Holiday content. Will there be anything new this year? No idea, because as usual they just don't tell us anything. They sort of started to tell us stuff last year with the mapped out year, but then they messed with t-hunting and lost a lot of the goodwill they got from the 'road map'. :(

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did I miss something? Why all the sudden talk of 109?
Pub 109 is slated for a "July release". The reason I bring it up is because I haven't seen much info from the Devs about it (which is typical) but I also haven't seen anything new on TC1 for it either (again I cannot use the EM Tools like many others so who knows if that is live on there or not) so it's easy to see how someone could question the validity of what the Devs have actually been doing the past 3 months (not me but someone :devil: )

I really don't want to hear about covid being the cause, other games seem to be updating just fine.
When I first heard the whole DEV team was working from home I thought that maybe doing so would be hard to get the job done... but after working from home myself for this entire time I've actually become even more efficient because I can roll out of bed and be at work and then I just manage my day based on what I need to do for work (meetings in the morning means I do everything early so I can free up my afternoon and vice versa :p).

That said, I personally question work required the EM Tool (how much was already there and what actually needed to be done) so if that was the only thing they had to do for Pub 109; they probably finished that in March and have just been hanging out playing other games online the past 3 months (except for the meet and greets and that is the only time they put in for work).

I'm personally starting to feel like the ol' bait and switch has been done by promising us something "big" (I'd simply settle for new) yet there is no proof of anything (from what I've seen or heard) and when the publish does finally come out who is to say if it's actually the result of them working on it the past 3-4 months or them just doing a few more events since we have no view of this new tool.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Pub 109 is slated for a "July release". The reason I bring it up is because I haven't seen much info from the Devs about it (which is typical) but I also haven't seen anything new on TC1 for it either (again I cannot use the EM Tools like many others so who knows if that is live on there or not) so it's easy to see how someone could question the validity of what the Devs have actually been doing the past 3 months (not me but someone :devil: )

When I first heard the whole DEV team was working from home I thought that maybe doing so would be hard to get the job done... but after working from home myself for this entire time I've actually become even more efficient because I can roll out of bed and be at work and then I just manage my day based on what I need to do for work (meetings in the morning means I do everything early so I can free up my afternoon and vice versa :p).

That said, I personally question work required the EM Tool (how much was already there and what actually needed to be done) so if that was the only thing they had to do for Pub 109; they probably finished that in March and have just been hanging out playing other games online the past 3 months (except for the meet and greets and that is the only time they put in for work).

I'm personally starting to feel like the ol' bait and switch has been done by promising us something "big" (I'd simply settle for new) yet there is no proof of anything (from what I've seen or heard) and when the publish does finally come out who is to say if it's actually the result of them working on it the past 3-4 months or them just doing a few more events since we have no view of this new tool.
Patience..patience..

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This year has been strange, two years ago the plan for next year was published in august/september well in advance of the new year. However this years plans was never published, I even asked for this many months ago on uo official forum. Now its almost July and this years plan still not been released.
The past two "contents" has been ToT and town invasion, both not new but reused content.

Appart from that we've had tabards, thats new.
The EM tools to "create new content anywhere, anytime, and rewards" is a recipe for corruption, they really need to think this through carefully giving EMs the possiblity to spawn rewards and on the fly events.

As for the Questbook I welcome it, but please review the quests and the texts, Sending out a new player to get a book of mastery killing riktor, melisande alone, or hunting the impossible Ogre in dungeon wrong solo is not nice. It should say the difficulty and if its a solo quest or team.

Appart from that Ive reviewd all quests and the rewards latelly in look for some nice quest to do, its not many worht doing and alot of outdated stuff. They need a review and some new rewards would be nice.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same thing I always expect of late... another massive disappointment in the direction of the game. A let down with little to no actual content and any content added to ruin things that once were fun.

Edit: Oh and a massive increase in cheating... scripting and exploiting of the game for monetary gain by the player base that remains... and nothing to be done to stop it.
Dear Mesanna and devs, with PUB 109 fix this first:
"cheating... scripting and exploiting of the game for monetary gain by the player base that remains... "

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dear Mesanna and devs, with PUB 109 fix this first:
"cheating... scripting and exploiting of the game for monetary gain by the player base that remains... "
You will lose all pvp players and the em eventers that run 8 plus accounts on scripts. The the gold farmers accounts so your looking at 80 percent of the paying accounts.

So then the game would close. But if that's what you want. So be it. There the ones keeping 20 plus accounts active at once makeing bank on it. I heard that some have 100 plus accounts so you think they would take that chance?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You will lose all pvp players and the em eventers that run 8 plus accounts on scripts. The the gold farmers accounts so your looking at 80 percent of the paying accounts.

So then the game would close. But if that's what you want. So be it. There the ones keeping 20 plus accounts active at once makeing bank on it. I heard that some have 100 plus accounts so you think they would take that chance?
So what you are saying is, it's better to put up with the cheatering/rule breaking, than for the Devs to have any accountability/integrity. I have to respectfully disagree. @Bleak @Kyronix

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

FYI, A LOT of those 20+ and (supposed) 100+ accounts are playing the 90 day game. They are just "holding" houses until they can be sold for RMT's. Or plots holding duped goods.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what you are saying is, it's better to put up with the cheatering/rule breaking, than for the Devs to have any accountability/integrity. I have to respectfully disagree. @Bleak @Kyronix
The devs dont look here anymore dont think there boss let's them. If they look they dont answer anything. Go to there fourms and ask them just be careful very easy to get banned there.

You really think they will do anything to hurt there jobs.

FYI, A LOT of those 20+ and (supposed) 100+ accounts are playing the 90 day game. They are just "holding" houses until they can be sold for RMT's. Or plots holding duped goods.
They bring in money to the game. You think they care. As long as money comes in there jobs are safe. They are pretty much on autopilot at this point anyway.
As long as you dont piss off Mesanna your safe

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The devs dont look here anymore dont think there boss let's them. If they look they dont answer anything. Go to there fourms and ask them just be careful very easy to get banned there.

You really think they will do anything to hurt there jobs.

They bring in money to the game. You think they care. As long as money comes in there jobs are safe. They are pretty much on autopilot at this point anyway.
As long as you dont piss off Mesanna your safe
Actually, at least 1, and I think, both of the people I tagged HAVE been on Stratics, THIS MONTH. One in the last 10 days. So, even if they aren't/can't respond, they ARE getting the message.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

So 80% of the accounts are active in order to sell the other 20% accounts gold/items for real money?

That doesn't sound right.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So 80% of the accounts are active in order to sell the other 20% accounts gold/items for real money?

That doesn't sound right.
Most conspiracy theories don't if you are able to think about them.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most everyone on the CC is useing somekind of 3rd party program. Be it or cheating or to help with bods. You would need something to stop any 3rd party program to work. They you have all the CC users complaining.

Here is a hat for you. 20200625_172020.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most everyone on the CC is useing somekind of 3rd party program. Be it or cheating or to help with bods. You would need something to stop any 3rd party program to work. They you have all the CC users complaining.
You did a survey? I play every day with a group, and have never heard anyone say they need anything other than the client to play UO. Kinda like the teenagers that say everyone in High School uses drugs. When in reality it is just their circle of friends. Birds of a feather flock together.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You did a survey? I play every day with a group, and have never heard anyone say they need anything other than the client to play UO. Kinda like the teenagers that say everyone in High School uses drugs. When in reality it is just their circle of friends. Birds of a feather flock together.
UoA counts as a 3rd party program. I remember they wanted to put the blocker in to stop it of all the complaining came that it would kill the CC and then UO

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well if it does plug in to UOAssist and receive data from the game then it would be best to do that step so it is clear that it can be used. And now is the time for that.

It will need a lot of rewriting because the rewards are not random. And you can bank points.

Good luck to the programmer on getting it updated.
I dont know what UOA is. Sorry.
Seems like you know it from searching posts.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like you know it from searching posts.
All I know is a program can not interfere with the data stream to be legal. That thread was about things that plug into UO. All I stated was the obvious to make something legal for UO.

I have no idea if they got their program to work with the BOD system. It looked like the program they used in the past was only aware of the old BOD system. Because now you can bank points or choose a reward.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

its hard to do a survey of such things when there is no public forum for things of that nature to be published.
Hop into discord and join a couple servers. one server built specifically for one third party program has almost a 1,000 users.
A free shard discord server has over 1600 users... FYI that free shard is built off of using those pesky thirdparty programs you guys complain so much about.

what is your circle of friends like? 20?

its hard to do a survey of such things when there is no public forum for things of that nature to be published.
Hop into discord and join a couple servers. one server built specifically for one third party program has almost a 1,000 users.
A free shard discord server has over 1600 users... FYI that free shard is built off of using those pesky thirdparty programs you guys complain so much about.

what is your circle of friends like? 20?
I would say almost all the free servers out there and there is a significant amount run off the third-party programs, which are basically enforced to play their content.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would say almost all the free servers out there and there is a significant amount run off the third-party programs, which are basically enforced to play their content.
I dont have much experience with them didnt want to overshoot :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

this is the most absurd and ridiculous thing I have ever read,
It is not possible to write an answer to what you wrote.... just good luck!!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here is a hat for you. View attachment 109648
i love that hat :)
Most people that uses 3rd party programs like UO Assist, is because it only took our beloved DEV team 18 years to figure out that it might be a good idea to give CC users something like bandage self.
Then it took the DEV team another 2 years to figure out that CC users also uses pots, apples, smoke bombs and trap boxes, and then they finally added hotkeys for it. Same with the dress/undress, arm/rearm thing.
Now we just need mouse wheel support, and map support, and we have a decent playable client, but that might take years sadly.
And when that hapends we can talk about blocking 3rd party programs.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree... it's crazy to me that the Dev team would allow the different clients to have different macro functions. EC had the undress and switch clothes WAY before CC got it.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they do the new EM tools thing correctly, it could work out well. There's been a lot more players than usual lately so it's very important that they have something to do before they get bored and leave. This is Atlantic right now, it's bursting with people like the old days.
I think many of the "more players than usual" were a result of Covid lockdowns. The game seems empty again, since the country "opened for business" recently. We'll see if the 2nd wave brings as many back.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think many of the "more players than usual" were a result of Covid lockdowns. The game seems empty again, since the country "opened for business" recently. We'll see if the 2nd wave brings as many back.
Don't hold your breath too much..We are looking at covid spiking again, BEFORE they predicted it for October..2nd wave looks like it it coming already, possibly 3rd wave October..This is a f***ng mess in rl..Wishful thinkers have tried to wish this menace away, they do not take precautions, and we are all getting deeper into this disaster. Not good.