• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do I need to know?

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm contemplating firing up my old account and checking things out.

Last time I seriously played was back in 2005.

The last time I logged in, during a "Return to Brittania" deal ages ago, I ended up in Skara Brae while it was unguarded and immediately killed and looted by a VMP. I'd like to avoid that this time.

Hell, would an account this old even still be in the system? What's the account management link?

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The account should still be there. There was a thread in Uhall (in the main forum area of stratics) a while back detailing the process of reactivating old accounts. It can be a bit of a hassle, and ultimately you might have to email Messana directly (one of the folks working on UO). The difficulty seems to be directly correlated with how much you remember (acct email, etc).

As for Siege, I've been here just shy of a year, and haven't seen any VMP in that time. But a lot has changed since 2005. This is one of the more active shard forums, and certainly one of the more helpful. If you get your acct set up PM me and I can get you started.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Welcome back Varka

VMP is long gone, even when I believe we do have at least one old VMP but he won't dry loot you.
Edited
Maybe I'm mixing it up, maybe the one I am thinking on was J-D, not VMP

Last edited:

Ol MacDeezy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
as far as what to know, id say know that you shouldnt be discouraged by the mass amounts of stuff you will be unfamiliar with..there are plenty of folks around to help along with uoguide...and a handful that will try and kill ya..good out weighs the bad of course so i hope to see a returning player soon :D

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Your name sounds familiar, which guilds did you run with? Mike-D just started showing up again. He is the only VMP that I've seen. Spyderbite was around for a few months but has left again.

-Val'lyn

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your name sounds familiar, which guilds did you run with? Mike-D just started showing up again. He is the only VMP that I've seen. Spyderbite was around for a few months but has left again.

-Val'lyn
I was in KRT with Raziel and Setanta and Tigs/Kaleigh. We were in the White Council with CWS and KSS as I recall. Back before Py Lethius left, and Darth and Yoda would show up and try to **** all over every KSS event they ever had...

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember your name from a ways back. Was in KRT when MJ was there. I'll craft whatever ya need to be made. PM me...my little shop is just north of the Moonglow portal.

Jack Nickelson

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in KRT with Raziel and Setanta and Tigs/Kaleigh. We were in the White Council with CWS and KSS as I recall. Back before Py Lethius left, and Darth and Yoda would show up and try to **** all over every KSS event they ever had...
I met Raz and Tigs irl. They were some super nice folks.

bla bla 12

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Did you even play when VMP was on the shard kiddo?

-Val'lyn
i was here before you KIDDO. and yes ive played with WYRM before he quit for the last time . My Dads Been VMP aswell , you dont seem to know much about this shard history so i would stop saying things that is not true thanks :next:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That does not changes, that he is right, he more or less grow up on Siege, believe he is the only kid the shard never successed to kick of the shard. Trust me, some tryed very hard and do still try.
You may call him many thing and he had been nasty in the past, but I don't think the definition of idiot fit him.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Define grow...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ok ok, I know, he is growing, but saying he did grow up is maybe a little to early as he still have his kid moments :p but he is growing and will grow up, even when it may take a few years more :)

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There are a few CWS still around. You might be able to contact them with the gilfane.com board. Good luck when you come back.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yer an enabler, Freja. We are gonna have to disagree on this one. *tips hat*