• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do I do with this character?

G

garthwayne2

Just got back in the game.

GM healing
GM lumberjack
GM parrying
GM swords
GM tactics
GM anatomy
70 resist

Anyway, having lumberjack and parrying GM'd seems counterproductive since I can't use both at once with axes (to get my damage bonus). Alot has changed and there are new skills I haven't even heard of. How would you guys swap this guy around?

S

stevethepirate86

GM resist and get bush or hiv less you want a pvp chara then you might wanna look into some chiv or bush and some posioning as well GL

G

garthwayne2

<blockquote><hr>

GM resist and get bush or hiv less you want a pvp chara then you might wanna look into some chiv or bush and some posioning as well GL

[/ QUOTE ]

whats hiv?

G

garthwayne2

<blockquote><hr>

chiv my bad im not very good at typing still

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thanks i didn't know if i was supposed to sleep with magic johnson or what i needed to do to get this mystical hiv.

G

garthwayne2

Just glancing at the guides here, Bushido looks like it would be alot more beneficial than Chivalry since I don't plan on doing PVP really. What do I need to do to build this sucker up? Just go out and kill stuff?

S

stevethepirate86

lmao srry for the scare i broke my left hand a while back in a car wreck and im not quite able to type well yet

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thanks i didn't know if i was supposed to sleep with magic johnson or what i needed to do to get this mystical hiv.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG HAHAHAHA

If it's PvM I'd drop jacking and pick up chivalry. Drop parry and pick up focus.
But that's my template basically heh...

G

garthwayne2

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG HAHAHAHA

If it's PvM I'd drop jacking and pick up chivalry. Drop parry and pick up focus.
But that's my template basically heh...

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured out how to increase focus but is there a certain way to increase bushido?

I

imported_Chad Sexington

7x GM
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Lumberjacking
Healing
Parry
Bushido

G

<blockquote><hr>

I figured out how to increase focus but is there a certain way to increase bushido?

[/ QUOTE ]

Use it! As I recall, it is useful (in pvm at least) whatever you can do with it.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chiv is good for boosting damage and its always nice for death recovery . (no regs needed.)
bushodo is primarily for defence . it does have some moves that increase damage , but the primary things there are the lightning strike +50 to hit . and bushido dramaticlly improves pary (and if you use confidence, each time you hit you leach mana)

each has its benifits . depending on your playstyle . if your gonna stick with parry . get bushido . you'll be an effin brick wall .

if your gonna be the superfast hit and run guy, go with chivalrys enemy of one and consecrate weapon for serious damage.

and if you play it just right ... maybe both

120 sword (so you hit)
120 pary (brick wall)
90 tactics . (for special moves)
90 bushido (to ride lesser hy)
80 heal and
80 anat so you can res
70 chiv (to get enemy of one)

leaves you 50 for a litle resist .
(and up to 20 more depending on how old account it)
you can tag on more points as you find items .
ancient sam do gives you 10 parry , theres 10 more to resist ... work with it .

keep armor resists at or near 70s if at all posable.you wont need lrc or even medable .. lower mana cost and mana regen armor pieces help if you can get em. if you can afford it get a totem of the void for mana and hp regen ... bracelet of health and crimson cinctur go awesome here.

look for fast, hit chance and leaching weapons . with bushido you wont need a shield . 2 handed weapons pary best but 1 handers still pary, only do like 5% worse and you can chug pots .

keep his swingspeed high . the faster you hit the more you'll leach

then just TANK

i put this guy on an exceptional armor swampy and waded into the magincia invasion . he could go toe to toe soloing a light demon and just stand there . i had dudes roll up on me and go "man how is it you arent dying"

now ...
*grinns wickedly*

if you really want to get evil with this, remove all magic resist, cary a trapped box and run 54 necro . you can buy 2 15 necro jewels , get that 10 necro "osam grimuar" book from the legacy tokens. and get the "bloodwood spirit" talisman with 5 necro. this will raise necro to 99 so you can switch to vampire form ...

resistant to all but lethal poison and leaches hit points with every hit . drawbacks to vampiric embrace is you cant use heal potions or anything with garlic . but thats ok you arent a mage, you have have bandages, chiv , and a whole lotta leachin goin on .

dont use the necro for anything but vamp form . carry a few vampiric embrace scrolls and insure a pare of arcane boots . you dont have a lrc suit and dont really want to use necro too much .(it gives you bad carma) maybe an occasional curse weapon if you need a boost of life leach. but keep it rare , negative carma hurts chivalry . go farm stuff to keep carma up so you can cure with chivalry . high carma "cleanse with fire" will cure any lethal poison that gets thru.

i insure the necro items and just cary them with me . i only use them when im switching forms . then my fighting stuff goes back on .

put this samauri tank in vampire form and you have whats called the "sampire"

let the slaughter commence.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Looks like you're getting some pretty good template advice here....

The varied answers you are receiving are indicative of how much flexibility there still is in UO.

I will repeat and add emphasis to the suggestion that you drop Lumberjacking...Doesn't do much for a combat character these days.

Welcome back.

In addition to here, the Ultima Online wiki, UO Guide, can also be of great use. (Just keep in mind that anyone can edit it.....*chuckles*)

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

whats hiv?

[/ QUOTE ]

If used wrong, a very lethal offensive skill...

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO changed a lot.

I would suggest you pick up archery, get some gold and get an overpowered corssbow and a good heavy, pick up chiv and bishido and you are set.

Archer is by far the most powerful PvP class and require little skill to play. I will recommand it to any new player or returning vets that left game for years.

The kick is to get a matching pvp suit and a good bow or two. Basically all items.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just got back in the game.

GM healing
GM lumberjack
GM parrying
GM swords
GM tactics
GM anatomy
70 resist

Anyway, having lumberjack and parrying GM'd seems counterproductive since I can't use both at once with axes (to get my damage bonus). Alot has changed and there are new skills I haven't even heard of. How would you guys swap this guy around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your just going to do PVM so.

GM healing
GM magery
75 Chiv
GM swords
GM tactics
GM anatomy
GM resist

Total 675

JUST FOR PVM remember.
Soulstone Lumber and Parry.
100 Resist. A must to those fast casting para monsters.
75 Chiv. For the damage bonus of consecrate and enemy of one
100 magery. Cast blades, Ev's, Summons, Gate your packies, fields, INVIS, etc

Take swords to 120 with extra. Hit more.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, Soulstones, that are specific to one's account , can be gotten with veteran rewards.

Soulstone fragments, which also become bound to the account, can be bought as a token in unbound form, from other players. hOwever, they only have 5 uses.

Soulstone Lumberjack - if you're going to have a crafter, you might want to keep the ability to log - especially now that there are so many types of wood.

Raise resist to GM
Raise Swords as close as you can get to 120 (over 100 will require powescrolls to raise the skill cap - a 110 Swords might be free, or as much as 50k gold. a 115 might be as little as 50k or as much as 500k, and the 120 can be 5-20 million, depending on shard)
Add 70 to 90 Chivalry (most people say 70 or 75, but I fail WAY too much on Enemy of One at levels under 80. Chivalry at 65 gives you a 100% successful travel spell in Sacred Journey, so you lose the dependence on recall scrolls).

Any extra points, probably would be best in parry, maybe healing if you plan to heal others a lot (increased chance to resurrect others) or fight a lot of things with deadly poison.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Drop parry and pick up focus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah! You've been playing too many tamers! lol

Don't tell him to drop parry! I told him to go to citadel to rake in some gold.. without parry your chop suey there...or anywhere for that matter if your fighting any higher end stuff.

Take parry to at least 110.

If you want to be really powerful, get chiv AND bushido. Start out with all 110 skills. The scrolls are cheap and will get you a good start.

If you can take the blue room in the Citadel as a melee fighter, you've made it. There are higher challenges, but thats my proving grounds.

Sorry I gotta disagree with focus too. That's the first skill I'd drop. Get mana regen gear or if you really need a mana regen skill because you don't have the gear, get meditation and use all medable armor. Focus sucks.

Now, I realize he's not high end yet, but I'm just giving some tips for down the road.

I've dexxed against Melisande, Dreadhorn, and have soloed Chief Paroxysmus.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

put this samauri tank in vampire form and you have whats called the "sampire"

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't gonna post my template, because its an advanced one, and it takes a lot of gold to make it but its already been mentioned. Once you get in game awhile and make a lot of gold...I would highly suggest this. Otherwise stick with some of the advice you've gotten here. Paragon destroyer, key getter, and general all around ass kicker template....

120 swords
120 bushido
110 parry
90 anatomy
90 healing
90 tactics
65 chivalry
35 necromancy

Jackal's collar, High dex/defence chance jewelry, Mace &amp; Shield glasses, good mana regen armor if you can get a good price on it.

I have 5 mana regen, 30's DCI, all 70's resist.

Vampire form is the best form in the game for a dexxer. It leaches life, gives a boost to mana regen, and stamina regen. And immunity to low level poison.

Very expensive to kit out keep in mind. So I would suggest a more regular template like has been suggested previously. Forget about the necro....for now. There are several flavors of the "sampire" but it all boils down to what equipment you can get, and what you feel like doing. Heck, I'm still waiting on the barbed runic fixes to come so I don't roll invisible mage armor properties on my crafted armor. Comon publish.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to make note here, on an archer resist spells is nice to have, but its an archer. A dexxer has too much to think about with regard to taking damage that I believe parry is a must. I only use resist spells on my archer. I really do not believe that resist is a good skill to put on a dexxer FOR PVM ONLY as there are better skills to have.

If you already have it, and don't want to drop it, thats fine, it WILL help, its just that I do not believe in investing 100 or more skill points in something that only helps me against a few things in life.

For pvm, resist is ok to have, but after focus, its the next skill I've dropped on most of my pvm templates.

G

Ok I can not help thee with pvm pvp skills BUT..do NOT just dump 100 lumberjacking ...not with the gp one stinkin frostwood board can net nowadays with rare frostwood finds.
Soulstone that 100 lumberjacking or give it to another chr. of yours on same acct. cuz 100 lumberjacking is worth something ..to possibly an alt of yours on same acct. YOU NEVER want to gm that again if you do not have to !!

Save it on a soulstone give it to another chr. you have on that acct. etc. ya may have a chr. or want to yet make one on same acct. that is a harvester of wood etc. and bam gm lumberjacking be theirs on your soulstone *if* on same acct.

UP to you though. You may not need it for pvp pvp no more but atm gm lumberjacking is still a valuable gm skill to keep *on soulstone* for some alt of yours on same acct. to use. . so do not just toss that 100 pts away.