• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] What do cannon supplies sell for on Siege?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've set up to do cannon supplies and have been given a talisman to give me a 91% alchemy success rate. What do the powder charges, fuses, cannon balls, & grapeshot sell for here on Siege? I'm curious if it's worth the hours involved.

Anyone use light cannons while mugging merchant ships here?

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I can`t remember what they sell for,so sorry I can`t be of any help there. I do know that if ya did sell those types of wares,it`d be more of a community service and less of a money maker in the end. Way to much time involved compared to what ya earn.... for me anyways.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can`t remember what they sell for,so sorry I can`t be of any help there. I do know that if ya did sell those types of wares,it`d be more of a community service and less of a money maker in the end. Way to much time involved compared to what ya earn.... for me anyways.
Getting the saltpeter will be ridiculously slow at least. A thousand saltpeter an hour mining gives a whole 33 heavy cannon shots even with a zero alchemy fail rate. The Sea Market vendor has to be built up to 999 and restocks every 30 or 60 minutes (seems to vary, I spent 3 hours checking it every few minutes). I figure I'll have to spend four hours to get the vendor to 999 and then wind up getting 1 or 2 thousand saltpeter an hour. I have a 91% chance thanks to a talisman I was given so I'll be able to make about 30 or 60 heavy shots an hour. Your right on the time it requires, I'd likely make more gold per hour hunting mongbats. :mf_prop:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What would ye pay for saltpeter?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would ye pay for saltpeter?
Depends on what black powder and fuses are selling for? I ran across a bazaar vendor at J-1 who buys black powder for 600, fuses for 850, and heavy powder charges for 2500. It wanted just a few hundred of the fuses & charges but did want 10,000 black powder. This fairly typical of what people would be willing to pay? The biggest factor in the price is going to be the time required to do it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the Sea market price of 24 gold per saltpeter, and the other materials, and the time involved, it looks like the Player with the J-1 vendor has already done the math, I didn't come up much shy of his numbers. One vendor with a long restock time is the biggest hassle with the 4 hour buildup to 999 requirement every time I restock saltpeter.Hopefully those one hour restocks were just someone slipping in and nabbing the saltpeter between my checks.

I'll add saltpeter to my bazaar vendor at I-4 at 50 gold each and see how sales of Heavy Powder Charges & Fuses go. With not having to put in as many hours getting the saltpeter myself, this could be worth doing. Just so I can make more gold than I would mugging mongbats all that time. :)

Void425

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My bazaar vendor "Ingot Cloth Cannons" is currently paying 2500 for Heavy Powder Charge, 850 for Fuse Cord, and 600 For Black Powder and no one is selling to him.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bazaar vendor "Ingot Cloth Cannons" is currently paying 2500 for Heavy Powder Charge, 850 for Fuse Cord, and 600 For Black Powder and no one is selling to him.
Must be due to the difficulty of getting saltpeter from mining and the Sea Market vendor. I making black powder for your vendor right now using the roughly 4k of saltpeter I've gathered so far so you'll have some tonight. 600 gold sounds good to me right now. :)

Edit: Just dropped off 736 black powder. Have fun :)

Last edited: