• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What bow to use ?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok here is my dilemma I have 3 bows and Im wondering what you think is the best one
My hp are 100 my stamina 164 mana 82 my Di is 57 not counting weapon or talisman or quiver plan on getting the primer talisman only have 2stamina and mana regen currently my skills are:

Archery 114.6
Anatomy 110.0
Tactics 108.5
Bushido 103.3
Chivalry 86.4
Magic Resistance 84.1
Healing 79.7
Hiding 33.2 33.2
Ok so here are the 3 bows I currently carry on me keep in mind these are for all around play I have other more specific bows for certain areas

composite bow <b>Insured</b> Weight: 3 stones hit stamina leech 38% Velocity 47% hit life leech 34% hit mana leech 26% ash swing speed increase 10% lower requirements 20% physical damage 100% weapon damage 13 - 17 weapon speed 4s range 10 strength requirement 36 two-handed weapon skill required: archery durability 39 / 44, Price: --

composite bow <b>Insured</b> Weight: 3 stones hit stamina leech 34% hit mana leech 15% ash faster casting 1 swing speed increase 30% damage increase 35% lower requirements 20% physical damage 100% weapon damage 13 - 17 weapon speed 4s range 10 strength requirement 36 two-handed weapon skill required: archery durability 30 / 39, Price: --

bow <b>Insured</b> Weight: 4 stones hit mana leech 30% ash luck 89 hit chance increase 11% swing speed increase 35% damage increase 40% lower requirements 20% physical damage 100% weapon damage 15 - 19 weapon speed 4.25s range 10 strength requirement 24 two-handed weapon skill required: archery durability 71 / 101, Price: --

the first bow has no DI and is a little slow but with DF and dex pot this seems to help a lot except for the speed this is a great bow for all the leeches not to mention the velocity

the second bow does more damage has decent mana leech and is fairly fast

the 3rd seems to be one I use a lot the luck is ok bonus the di is ok hci helps but the lack of stamina leech is what sucks as it has none currently I cary and use all three what do you think is best one?

C

Connor_Graham

The 3rd bow is the only one of those 3 that I would use. You don't need stamina leech on a bow as long as you have Chivalry, and the bow has a high SSI and ML, which that one does. The second one is so so, but the ML is pretty low, and you'll have the SL going off when you need the ML going off.

I do have to ask though.....why is your Chiv so high?

The ideal Chiv/Bushido Archer template:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
90 Anatomy
100 Healing
90 Resist
80 Chiv

This is for 720 skill points. You can drop Tactics to 115 if you're at 3rd yr, or Tactics to 115 and Chiv to 75 if at 2nd yr. This template will give you the maximum damage amount, and allow you to take your archer anywhere and mow through just about everything.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok thanks conner thats what I was thinking bow 3 just rocks for the play type I have I just get tired of having to refresh my stamina all the time as to why my shive is so high I just have not needed to mark it down yet and ive played 8 years so 720 cap i need to get 120 scrolls for archery now and for tactics and bushido the archery one I need now I just need to come up with the $$ the template you suggested is exactly what I have written down with heal and anat being reversed but I need to check the numbers I may switch them to what you suggested so i have no fail heal

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
one more question for you though if say i have all 3 leeches on a bow of say 30 each can all 3 go off at the same time ? it seems like im always getting one to go off but never all 3 that i notice and if they only go one at a time is there a pecking order?

C

Connor_Graham

The difference in damage amount between 90 & 100 Anatomy is so small it's not worth not being able to cure level 6 poison 100% of the time. You'll never even notice it actually. It's probably 1-2 points per hit difference, if even that.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok I see that now i need to drop anat down to eventualy but i use it while i can till i need to drop it what about the leeches though in previous post? thats whats really got me right now seems like a waste to have more than 1 or 2 on your bow

C

Connor_Graham

For an archer, the only leech you really want to have is mana leech. Anything else is just going to stop the ML from going off, and especially since you only have MR2, you need it to go off on just about every hit.