• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are your feelings about the recent acquisition of Skype by Microsoft?

• I am worried that Microsoft made the purchase to lock out other buyers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am going to wait and see, my feelings on the matter are neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The poll is also available on Facebook for those who have an account there. Please only answer one poll. When the poll is over I'll combine the results and post them here.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: What are your feelings about the recent acuisition of Skype by Microsoft?

I was excited to hear it is coming to xbox360 because of this until I heard it would only be for Kinect users (which I don't have). Hopefully they will change their minds and allow it for all xbox live members.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I voted for the first option, but it doesn't fully meet my thoughts on it.
I think that, in the past, the developers of Skype have been slow to respond to bugs and such, if they have responded at all. Google searches for issues I've had have turned up people reporting the same issues months, if not years, ago. The TGN and Stratics staff use Skype as one of many means of communication, and often have members suffering problems such as group chats not updating for hours at a time (my personal record is upwards of 6 hours, during which time several hundred messages were sent).
So, I think Microsoft will try to improve upon the product, to get the most potential out of its beellions of dollars.
As far as new features go, I don't doubt it. Although, I haven't really appreciated the direction they've taken Live Messenger, so I'm not pinning an abundance of hopes on it.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

I chose the center option. I feel that MySpace and Hotmail got worse post-Microsoft. :<

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I thought that Hotmail was always Microsoft. These days it's all part of the Live thing, which I've had a steadily declining opinion of since longer ago than I care to admit, so I'll agree with "worse".
Myspace has always seemed pretty unpleasant to me, so I have trouble imagining it being worse :p

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Come to think of it, since they switched msn messenger to windows live messenger I haven't even used most of its features because they don't interest me. Hopefully it won't be the same way with Skype.

C

Capn Kranky

The company bigwigs may think it's good, but it has not cleared all hurdles yet.

Therefore I voted the last option ... the who cares option.