• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] What are the top 10 rare collections in UO these days in your opinion

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't count mine. I want to use this thread to get the players visiting musuems again. I don't know who has what now except for some and many are set in private so can't see but here is a list of musuems I remember:

What I determine a big collection is the overall "WOW" factor which is based on a combination of quantity and quality of items from these periods throughout UO history.

The Server Birth Age of Rares Collecting (1997-1998)

The Seers Age of Rares Collecting (1998-2001)

The Golden Age of Rares Collecting (Start of the EM program, GM Zilo, and Shard Transfer) (2003-2007)

The Dark Age of Rares Collecting (Rampant Duping) (2007-2008)

The Messanna Age of Rares Collecting (Revival of EM Program) (2009 - Present)

Atlantic:
Angel Dust
Assia Penryn
Athelas
Big Ev
Goodman
Lued
Mr. Monk
Nine Dark Moons
Olchere
Suzzy (slowly dwindling)
Thunder Z
Tomas Bryce
Ultimakong
Wootsauce

Asuka
Peil
Shu-Chan

Baja
Bliss Marie
Diablo
Jinx and Sara
Laina
Lord and Lady Courage
Oriana
Sarsmi
Voluptuous

Catskills
Buck (MOP)
Flutter
Lykor
Nails Warstein
Val-Shah-Ri Lura
Wolfie Of Trinsic
Woody_Cats

Chesypeak
Belle Starr
Demonous and Sundina
Gunga Din
Linemen
Neutron Bomb
Promethia

Drachenfels
Druken Lilly
KarlGustav
Lady Godiva
Rador
Seven

Europa
Darius
Riply
The Scandinavian
Thor
Trevelyan

Great Lakes
Neptune
Nightly Spirit
Of The Ring
Opium/Conan
Orc
SixUnder
Snow78

Lake Austin
Restless
Stryder

Lake Superior
Fraggles
Gormach
Magicmule
Smokey
Victoria Secret

Legends
Devils Own
Omnius
Weezer

Napa
Charbear
Greymouser
Hon
Ken of Napa
Lady Destiny
Lday Mana
Lavender
Tom_Builder
Radagast
Wix

Oceania
Loric
PoCove

Pacific
Baccus
Funtony
Nabin
Phloyd

Sakura
Blend

Somona
Dimitri
Ivy and Bella
Ralph Lauren
Sir Scott
Wolfie

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yay! i am acknowledged on the list of rare collectors, i can die happy now... *kneels before manticore* ;)

magicmule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great list Manti. I often log on other shards trying to find these places. just wish they could all be more accessible.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the acknowledgment (although you misspelled my name :p ). I know mine isn't by far the most impressive, but I am passionate about it.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All, if i mispelled any names or used the wrong character name please correct me and I'll gladly make the edits :thumbup:

I was very happy to see this list once it was constructed. It tells us that Mesanna and her EM team have made this possible since the EMs revival in 2008. I don't recall the list was ever this impressive not even back in the days of Hemisphere (I call that the Golden Age of Rare Collecting).

Speaking of that, I actually created an chronological age of rares collecting based on what I remembered and sad to say what a nerd I was and still am since I was there for all of it LOL.

Starting from the beginning:

The Server Birth Age of Rares Collecting (1997-1998)

The Seers Age of Rares Collecting (1998-2001)

The Golden Age of Rares Collecting (Start of the EM program, GM Zilo, and Shard Transfer) (2002-2005)

The Dark Age of Rares Collecting (Rampant Duping) lol (2006-08)

The Messanna Age of Rares Collecting (Revival of EM program up through now) (2008 - Present)

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Psst Manticore.....

You spelled my name wrong =P

Mesanna

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manti, maybe you could add approximate locations to that list? cause I'm bettin' you know where each one is ;) just a general area type of thing, we don't need sextant locations or anything

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Psst Manticore.....

You spelled my name wrong =P

Mesanna
He did it to me too, dont feel bad :)

edit: oh and im working on my museum this weekend so hopefully will be open to all soon. maybe might get a tele tile to it from an easy location (will look into this)

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*cough*

My name is misspelled as well...

Don't forget Trevalyn on Europa!

**Edit**

I've always been a big fan of Gormach's on LS

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great list Manti. I often log on other shards trying to find these places. just wish they could all be more accessible.
well mine is a work in progress on great lakes at 55 11N 44 47E. Large tower on the eage of the Bog of Desolation.Only thing is be sure to look carefully at everything never know what you will see.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that it matter to much but who the heck ate 800 of my posts?

I know I was 1500 a few days ago...

Regards
The Scandinavian

N

Nightly Spirit

I didnt think I was special enough to make this list... It makes me feel all warm inside. :)

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If people could post locations of their museum! That'd be wonderful! I really enjoy going through peoples museums and the display your "Museum" thread doesn't have very many >.>

neptune1369

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If people could post locations of their museum! That'd be wonderful! I really enjoy going through peoples museums and the display your "Museum" thread doesn't have very many >.>
i would have posted mine in the thread along time ago its just i sux at posting pics.I just hope i got the cords right with automap

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my museum is open again. :D All are welcome to visit it. It is located in Great Lakes TerMur 2nd house straight down from the gate. Thx All
I love your Unicorn statue! Do you have any history etc on this item? ^^

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jinx & Sara's Museum is located right by the Luna Moongate on Baja if anyone is interested in stopping by.

G

Gunga_Din

Museums are for noobs. Visit Merxmere to see a real display in the classic sense :)

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't make the list :sad2:

I j/k I don't have many rares to show off yet! :mf_prop:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't make the list :sad2:

I j/k I don't have many rares to show off yet! :mf_prop:
Hehe I missed the cut to, now i feel like I tried out for American Idol and did not make it in but here ya go :grouphug:

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baccus from Pac's Museum (Inside Luna Walls Pacific shard South side of luna North road) has some pretty awesome items as well! Some I've never seen/heard of

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the props Manti, though I would say Weezer has the best collection on legends. I am by no means on his level.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Manti for the acknowledgment even if my name is also misspelled :) I know it is hard enough to just keep up with everyone.

Criket= Cricket but I am really Lady Destiny on Napa Valley. Both of my museum's are private but I am happy to show them at any time. Just send me a pm.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Echo'ing the thanks for the mention. Looks like I will be re doing my first and second floor this week. I have neglected updating it for the better part of a year. Once I complete it, I will make the house public and make another post with details if folks want to have a look.

Thanks!

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
prime, where is yours. I would like to see if its open.
Oh! No! I was just playing.. I honestly, don't have one, but would like to start one when I get a good set of items going.

Keeping my eyes peeled open for items for the theme I'm going for though!

Valentines Day/Love/Romance etc :heart:

So far I only have a couple things, it's pretty hard to try and get you guys to sell your love themed items lol!

Have Love's Devotion x2
Hannahs Necklace with Heart shaped pendant (something like that and europa gold)
White Stuffy Dwagon
Bear statues given from Cupid
Cupid's Carapace (both versions)

Nothing to really show off yet hehe.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad you all are enjoying this. It certainly has given me a new perspective when seeing it all together like its presented. Wow we have a big community now.

Question, should we ask the Mod to sticky this thread and I can try to manage the thread, i.e. updating new collectors and dropping out those who is no longer collecting. Perhaps getting rid of the musuem thread since that takes so long to load each time and the collections are constantly changing?

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love your Unicorn statue! Do you have any history etc on this item? ^^
Ty :D I believe it came from a napa event a while ago.
I also believe there were 6 different colors. As far as the colors go i dont remember them all. I do recall green, Black, and Blue. Rest i dont remember sry. There was a post on the horses a whiles back with all the colors. Hopefully its still up.
And thanks again for stopping by. :D

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't have a museum so much as a couple of houses with some stuff in them lol

Thanks for including me!

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a museum so much as a couple of houses with some stuff in them lol

Thanks for including me!
You have some NICE stuff!

My "Museum" is just my Malas Castle with some stuff in it! The Castle is the most valuable thing I have there ;) I think Manti included me because of some of the things I've aquired in the last couple months, most of which I'm still in the process of getting back to Napa and or displayed. Most of what I've got displayed is right now is rubble, suit-sets and a 2 story statue.

Rador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope I will finish my museum this year (lol) to go open to public.
Still missing some Itemes.

Cheers
Rador

PS: I think I have the only Museum on the felucca facet!?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragonstorm Manor is just outside of eastern bridge of Umbra. My items for the most part aren't displayed as a normal museum, but rather worked into the decor. I tend to favor special named roses, old crafted double exceptional items and rare drinks. Two teleporters on the bottom floor will take you to the 3rd floor and roof. Pardon the mess.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Chesapeake: 40. 16'N 38. 16'E
Guardian's Gate Rare Museum

This is my place. It is rather new, and was constantly viewed during the Chesapeake Rare Fest this year. It is still being worked on by design and organization. The second level is oddity rares and semi's, while the 3rd floor is going to made up of Guild submitted items, and a tribute to a Curator of the past Lady Katherine of Chesapeake and Guardian's Gate.

Favorite items: Alpha Hellhound Fang (1 of 2), Bloodstained Tunic (1 of ~30ish), and Magician's Cowl (1 of 5). There are various other server births and event items. I have no theme other than 'old' or 'hard to get' which translates to 'rare' :thumbup:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can we somehow merge this list just the top thread with Athleas's thread on the self intros and stick it so it can be updated.

Q

quig

Wow lots of collectors! Hard to pick favorites since there is so many. But I do love the crammed tiny types. Jinx and Saras old museum was my favorite (new ones cool too) it had rares stacked on rares, crammed in corners and on the floor, every time I went in I spotted something new.
Also liked Peils museum, small house with neat deco and uber rares hidden in the corners. :p

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assia,

All I can say is BRAVO. I think you did an amazing job decorating and displaying.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mess of a collection, not uber high end but I enjoy it. Location is west of Umbra up the road a ways 26. 54'N 8. 51'E if anyone wants to come by, always open unless I'm in my drop and redo mood.

Attachments

S

Smokey of LS

Thank You for the acknowledge :) i remember hemi's museums i loved to go look at that house with soo much great stuff, circle tarot i always wanted :) he had an amazing place.