• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are the rarest Paragon Chests?

K

keysersoze

I was thinking the Copper, Bronze, Gold, Verite, Valorite and Agapite since you have to dig those up with a Gargoyles Pick Axe, but I could be wrong.

What do you guys think?

PS Maybe should have included Dull Copper and Shadow Iron?

G

Rarest to me
Named Demon Chests. Because there are a lot.
Named Evil Mage chests.

Try putting a collection together. Its fun and something to do.

I

Ivan - MT

Not the rarest, but finding a Black (my favorite color) "Putrifier" paragon chest can be rather difficult.

S

slasherofveils

All ore elies except DC have to be spawned from a pick in ilsh (shadows spawn in mines in tokuno but can't be paragon there), and then ontop of random chance for them to spawn only 1 in 20 is gonna be paragon and even less will have a chest so those are probably rarest.

Following that I'd say a para ancient wyrm chest due to the difficulty in killing them and lack of hunters, and any other rare critter.

Personally since I saw a Paragon thrush east of the AW lair, I've been trying to get a chest named after a 1 hp critter :-D

N

Nerf-Herder

I'd go with the ore elemental chests. I had a near complete collection of demon names on Catskills (Used to roleplay a Holy Mage/Demonologist) and IIRC, was only missing five or six of the names.

I also spent a ton of time running around with my RL friend. I had been pushing him to buy UO for several months and he finally did. His first character was a crafter. First GM skill was mining. So I bought him a buttload of gargoyle pickaxes and would follow him in Ilshenar killing any elementals that spawned.

God knows how many hours and pickaxes we burned through, but after doing this a few hours, three or more times a week, for about four months...

All I got was one damn verite elemental paragon chest.

You have to figure its what? 1%? to dig an elemental with a gargy axe?
Then 5% for the elemental to be a paragon? THEN 10%? for that paragon to drop a chest?

.00005 to get one. On average, you would get five chests for every 100,000 blows of the ole gargy pick... No guarantee that those five will be unique either, so good luck completing a set!

Disclaimer: My degrees are in Music, not Mathematics. If any of you math types see a flaw in my calculations, please feel free to point and laugh. Then please post the real odds.

G

Try getting one from a Shadow Wisp Paragon or any of the animals in Ilshenar.

I'm willing to bet I've killed 10s of thousands of them over the years without a single chest to show for it.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

Try getting one from a Shadow Wisp Paragon or any of the animals in Ilshenar.

I'm willing to bet I've killed 10s of thousands of them over the years without a single chest to show for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only monsters that are able to drop a treasure map can drop paragon chests. This excludes non-hostile wildlife from givin' it up!

S

slasherofveils

<blockquote><hr>

Only monsters that are able to drop a treasure map can drop paragon chests. This excludes non-hostile wildlife from givin' it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean no paragon thrush/hind/rabbit chests?!
You just squashed my hope! o_O

G

Well son of a mongbat! That sure explains a LOT.

*feels like a total idiot*

Thank you!

K

keysersoze

I think the Greater Monbats are the only ones that drop a Paragon Chest that do not drop a T-map..

G

Speaking of Mongbats, the Mongbat paragon chest is one of the rarest, as they only spawned for a brief time. Not the Greater Mongbat chest, just plain Mongbat.

Also, I have a black Rend chest I like very much, still obtainable though.

There were a few chests that dropped off of EM event named monsters, one of a kind, and very pricey. Check the Event item sticky in the rare collector's forum.

G

One time EM event spawned stuff and any peerless I think would be #1 on the list.

Then probably the harder to kill stuff like Rend/Pyre etc.
There was a spawn of ore elementals in Ilsh a while back, do they not spawn anymore? If not then I'd guess that'd be next on the list, along with perhaps the champ spawn critters that normally don't spawn unless you get to that lvl of the champ spawn.

G

OK, for the lazy, I compiled a list. Ignore the prices, highly inaccurate (would be more).

Hidious Watch Dog Paragon Chest (Val) (1) (35 mil)
Relentless Tracker Paragon Chest (Bronze) (?) (?)
Relentless Tracker Paragon Chest (Val) (1) (35 mil)
Rikktor Paragon Chest (Val) (1) (~35 mil)
White Wyrm Dull Copper Paragon Chest (1) (?)
Agy Paragon Hedious Watchdog Chest (1) (20 mil)
Val Paragon Hedious Watchdog Chest (1) (30+ mil)
Gold Paragon Chest of Hedious Watchdog (1) (All Paragon chests except for white sold between 5-20 mil)
Rikktor Paragon Chest (1) (Asking 20 mil)
A Bone Demon White Paragon Chest (1) (50 mil sold for)
Aggy Paragon Relentless Tracker Chest (1) (?)
An Ancient Lich Anshu Shadow Paragon Chest (1) (?)
An Ancient Lich Baratoz Verite Paragon Chest (1) (?)
Relentless Tracker Paragon Chest Gold (1) (~5 mil)
A Hedious Watch Dog White Paragon Chest (1) (?)
A Vampiric Ancient Wyrm Val Paragon Chest (1) (?)
Rikktor Paragon Chest (1) (?) (Black)
Shadow Wyrm Paragon White chest (1) (?)
Mephisto Paragon Chest (Brown) (1) (Asking 5 Mil, No Takers)
Copper Semidar (Paragon Chest) (1) (~5 Mil)
Lord of the Rats (Paragon Chest) (Some Shard Had it During The Recent Inu Shard Wide Event) (?) (~25 Mil)
Yamadon Chest (Paragon Chest) (Some Shard had it Fighting the Brode Guard)
Paragon Chest Recovered from Hydra (1) (~5 Mil)
Moraktous The Tournmented Paragon Chest (1) (~15-20 Mil)
Shadow Semindar Paragon Chest (1) (~25 Mil)

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Not the rarest, but finding a Black (my favorite color) "Putrifier" paragon chest can be rather difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can you spawn a Putrifier paragon? That sounds absolutely terrible and awesome.

G

I saw a black rock infected chest from Lady Mel...thats gotta be rare?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We have a guild (XMHC = Xtreme Miners Hunting Club) on Lake Austin SPECIFICALLY for going after ore ele paragon chests. In fact, each member's guild title is the toughest Paragon ore elemental the GM has seen the person defeat (I have a Valorite title, BTW).

I also have chests at home for Rend and Abscess.....

I

imported_lady michelle

Rarest one I would have to say the reaper. I get maps but never a paragon chest.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ancient Wyrm para chest, because thats the hardest thing to kill that drops one currently.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mhmhm while we're on the subject I got some I'd like to be identified, as I have no idea where they come from / how they were obtained :

Greenish color : recovered from a dark wisp (parangon)
Black : recovered from Eracove (parangon)
recovered from Heramael (parangon)

Thanks for any help

G

Dark wisps are a treasure hunter's secret shortcut

(although most people got them at an event in Moonglow last year, they still spawn - last time I checked a few months ago - on non-paragon dark wisps in the wisp dungeon, making them a great source of L5 maps)

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I haven't seen my paragon chest posted here yet. I have a Paragon Demon Berserker chest. That has to be pretty rare, since Demon Berserkers are rare in game.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well I haven't seen my paragon chest posted here yet. I have a Paragon Demon Berserker chest. That has to be pretty rare, since Demon Berserkers are rare in game.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm guessing you're mixing up paragon chests with blackrock infected wooden boxes?...

G

No idea if this was done on all shards or not but they did a special event on Baja on that Illishenar beach (had to get shot thru a cannon to get there back then but now they have put in a teleporter) they had a Paragon Harrower that did spawn a chest. Since this was a one time event it would be very rare. They did spawn a few other creatures as Paragons there during the event but dont remember what they were and dont know if anyone got chests or not.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right, my bad. It is a Blackrock infected Demon Berserker chest. Don't mind me lol.

G

Here is the current Para Ore chests that the Guild Leader of XMHC has. Oh and its not a requirement to have killed a para ore ellie for the title, just have to kill the ore ellie you want in your title

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And here are the chests of the XO of the guild...
The Agapite chest was the one that got us out on the crazy road we're on...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

Greenish color : recovered from a dark wisp (parangon)

[/ QUOTE ]

Drak Wisp paragon chests no where near rare sadly. These spawned as part of the Inu story line prior to KR going somewhat live. The dark wisps invaded with other critters outside of Moonglow. The paragon chests dropped so often most people were just grounding them and there were 100's that were dropped on the ground. They also spawned a blackrock infected chest which seems to be fairly rare though.

My vote for rarest paragon chest is for the Mongbat. 1- It was a rare drop to get to begin with. 2- Nobody hardly hunted them (less of them out there) 3- They no longer spawn as all the Mongbats are now named Greater Mongbats.
or
Winter Reaper - Never seen a para chest but have heard they exist.

Hardest fight to get one imo Skelle Drag's or Ancient Wyrms.

BTW - WTH is a Relentless Tracker or a Hideous Watch Dog that PeteAxe was talking about? Shard specific event??

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AW werent that hard for a good hiryu equipped tamer even solo but now even easier with the new dragons. I have quite a few rare named paragon chests in the solid Luna white colors that i love to collect. I pay pretty high for white stuff as it is. Of my list i have:

Meraktus the Tormented, A Shadow Wyrm, Rikktor, AW, Abscess, and all the level 6 mapped non named monsters except Skel Dragon in Luna White (no light border around the chest)

Pacific Central Dungeon has Shadow Wyrms, Skeletal Dragons, Various flaming gargoyles that will drop chests. I still want of the easier (can be farmed with more people) monsters: Putrifier, Rend, Pyre and Any Elemental.

Here's an old pic...all the chests you see on my bottom level are unique and not duplicates so for instance there is only one Miasma chest along with the other easy ones...

C

Connor_Graham

"My vote for rarest paragon chest is for the Mongbat. 1- It was a rare drop to get to begin with. 2- Nobody hardly hunted them (less of them out there) 3- They no longer spawn as all the Mongbats are now named Greater Mongbats."

I've got both a banded white and a umbra black Mongbat chest that I just happened to get lucky on with the passing para that latched onto my heels while on my way to the efreets near the Gargoyle city.