• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are the good modifiers on spellbooks ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am about to train up scribing from 90 to 100.0 and was thinking to make spellbooks a go-go and keep the good ones and donate the junk to the Library.

Thing is, I am not sure what modifiers are keepers and what are not.

Any advice ? Thanks.

G

the sticky at the top of of the forum shows max intensities of the modifiers
that a spell book can have

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, but more than what the max intensitites are, I was wondering what are the actual modifiers that are considered as "must haves" on a spellbook.

Since there is a max of 3 modifiers that a book can have, it is necessary to make a choice.

Is it LRC more important than slayer ? LMC than MR ?

Bottom line is, what do people want in their spellbooks as the 3 max modifiers possible ?

Thanks.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like any good weapon the modifiers one looks for depends on the player.
There are no easy answers for that one.

If you are asking what modifiers will sell the fastest?
Then I would have to go with any Super that has other mods first.
Some of the minor slayers like Ogre, Bloods, Dragon with 2 mods.
High LRC books with 2 other mods.
+12 Magery with 2 high mods moves well too.
That does not rule out any other 3 mod book though.
Someone may be looking for a LMC/MR/Spell damage increase book to round out a char.
And the FCR/MI/FC books are sought after by some.

Ack!. I could go on forever what with Resisting Spells etc...
The book I may be looking for may not be the book someone else needs.
I wouldn't rule out selling any 3 mod book as long as the intensities are fairly high.
Some may just sit about longer til the right person finds it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problem is, that I am going to scribe a lot of spellbooks and will have to decide which to keep and which to donate to the library.

I would hate to discard books which are instead of good value.

So, I am trying to figure out what judgement to use to separate the good books from the bad books.

Advice on this is very welcome.

E

eolsunder1

Ok, first of importance

slayers.. any slayer spellbook is a good one. Of course super slayers are the tops.

Now for mods.. any spellbook with 1 or 2 mods donate. They aren't importat, you can make many 3 mod spellbooks in your work, so no matter what, donate those that only have 1 or 2 mods (unless they are a superslayer of course).

You can already get spellbooks with fc/fcr on them, so i dont care about those.

I think the major mods of course are mana regen, lrc. The 3rd mod depends on your character. A tamer usually doesn't care about SDI because they usually don't have eval int. A mage on the other hand would love more SDI. So I would say the 2 must haves are LRC and mana regen. The 3rd? doesn't matter a whole lot I giuess what the 3rd one is.

C

Connor_Graham

"slayers.. any slayer spellbook is a good one. Of course super slayers are the tops"

Yep, those lizardman slayers are da bomb diggity.

N

Nieanna

Having running a Spellbook vendor in a nice Luna location for a couple months now, I can tell you that Super Slayers are by far my #1 source as income as a scribe. Yes, I have sold books with 3-properties, but the profit from those doesn't touch what super slayers do for me, even though I only see about 1 super slayer per 1000 books I craft.

I sell lots of 3-property books, SDI Slayer books, and Super Slayers. I fill them all, and most of my non-superslayer books sit forever priced at 20k, while people buy up the super slayers priced 10-100 times that. With the Magincia invasion coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if I could sell a Demon Slayer for well over 2 mil.

N

Nieanna

<blockquote><hr>

"slayers.. any slayer spellbook is a good one. Of course super slayers are the tops"

Yep, those lizardman slayers are da bomb diggity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised. Gives those chain-lightning spells an extra kick, doesn't it? :&gt;

I

imported_Chad Sexington

<blockquote><hr>

I am about to train up scribing from 90 to 100.0 and was thinking to make spellbooks a go-go and keep the good ones and donate the junk to the Library.

Thing is, I am not sure what modifiers are keepers and what are not.

Any advice ? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the first thing you look to are the artifact spellbooks. Any spellbook that copies those books with properties of lower intensities are garbage with the exception of Super Slayers.

(You can get a Super Slayer Scrapper. But they're rare and they'll cost a player up to 50-60+ mil.)

With the artifacts in mind, almost every spellbook is covered.

One of the most valuable regular books I can think of is one with three skills at max +12 intensity. There's no artifact book that gives +36 skill.

Some slayers are also useful. I throw them on my vendor for 5k each. Snake Slayer for example. Used by fishermen. They get double damage to Sea Serpents.

G

As already stated slayer's are keepers but I find slayers with SDI are sought after. LMC somewhat. LRC and fc/fcr maybe good for some players but most people take care of this with their suits to allow them to use different spellbooks so you can donate these. Skill gain mods are template dependant so you never know what 1 person would want and almost everyone else will consider crap.

FYI if you carry a full spellbook in your pack you can equip any spellbook for its benefits even if it has 0 spells in it.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what i want is
Spell dmg increase 9%
Mana regen 1
Lower mana cost 6%

or

FC1
FCR2
MR1

those are books i would hold in my hand..

now when i scribe.. i have

INT +6
MANA +6
MR 1

this is a life saver for scribing high circle spells.