• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are the Fountains of Life?

• Thread starter imported_hungry4knowhow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_hungry4knowhow

I keep seeing these fountains of life on or in peoples houses what do they do and what do they hold?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They hold bandages and they enhanced 10 bandages a day for better healing.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

10 healing skill from the bandages.

Wont change your chance of removing poison...
(so you keep your base skill vs poison)

Not sure if it helps ressurrecting others...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uh, yes they do increase your poison chance.

I was training healing on a character the old fashioned way (killing things) and managed to cure lesser poison with enhanced bandages while at only 56 skill.

I believe they will also allow you to resurrect at skills between 71-81, but not had a chance to test.

However, note that you STILL would have to have the requisite Anatomy to go with the healing (60+ for curing poison, 81+ for resurrection)

I

imported_ParadoxUO

you are correct.

"January 25, 2008

"Enhanced Bandages - do they help if you're already at your skill cap," redux:

Leurocian looked over this again, and it turns out while we were partly right, we were also definitely wrong:

"Using enhanced bandages - even if you’re at your healing cap - will affect the amount of hit points healed. Enhanced bandages essentially adds 10 to your healing skill for the purposes of calculating the amount of hit points healed."

What they do NOT do is improve your success chance (say, for resurrection, which is 64% at GM.) So if you're capped out, they do provide a benefit, but it's a very specific benefit.

(Note: if you're NOT at the cap, one other thing enhanced bandages can do is bump you up over the minimum skill requirements for curing poison (60) and resurrecting (80.) You'll have a pretty low success chance, and you won't be able to gain skill from those attempts, but you can try 'em.)"