• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] What are the differences in plate vs leather vs stud - used to be no diff other than meddable

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please explain difference between the different armor types, for I have been gone for a year. It used to be all armor types were the same , except for "meddable" differnces. Now I am reading that Stamina and LMC and perhaps other mods are affected by armor type. Thnak you in advance!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Leather: Remains pretty much the same.
Plate/Chain/ring mail: Offers great stamina protection and gives you 1 extra LMC per piece (up to 5) that goes over the 40 LMC cap. Still not meddable.
Studded/Bone/Stone: Offers better stamina protection than leather and gives you 3 extra LMC per piece (up to 15) that goes over the 40 LMC cap. Still not meddable.
Woodland: Offers same stamina protection as studded. Offers no extra overcap LMC per piece.

Adding mage armour to the pieces cancel those benefits.
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_81

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leather: Remains pretty much the same.
Plate/Chain/ring mail: Offers great stamina protection and gives you 1 extra LMC per piece (up to 5) that goes over the 40 LMC cap. Still not meddable.
Studded/Bone/Stone: Offers better stamina protection than leather and gives you 3 extra LMC per piece (up to 15) that goes over the 40 LMC cap. Still not meddable.
Woodland: Offers same stamina protection as studded. Offers no extra overcap LMC per piece.

Adding mage armour to the pieces cancel those benefits.
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_81

Interesting.... So, when putting a suit together for a dexer, what would be the best choice to make ?
I mean, a dexer needs stamina to swing as often and fast and strong as possible to leech back health to stay alive BUT, a dexer also needs mana to keep up with the special moves usage during the fight.

So, Plate/Chain/ring mail looks as the best option for stamina conservation but not as much in regards to mana while Leather would give great mana but not much help stamina wise.

So which way to go ? Perhaps with Studded/Bone/Stone as a half way compromise in between the concurrent need of Stamina AND Mana for a dexer ?

Or is either stamina OR Mana most important for a dexer thus making one's own choice lean more towards a Plate/Chain/ring OR a leather suit ?

What has been the experience of dexers with these new changes ? To go with Plate/Chain/ring or with leather or Studded/Bone/Stone or Woodland and, most importantly, WHY ?
Thanks a lot.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
All my dexxers use metal armour (plate/chain/ring) for best stamina protection.
Since it is rather easy to achieve the 10 mana reduction special attacks cost on dexxers, 45 LMC is proving to be enough for me.
With plate, I don't use stamina leech on my weapons for most stuff I hunt. Only very big stuff requires it. Everything else I can make do with divine fury when needed.
I tend to use refined resist armour with my dexxers, but one of them has all 70s, full 45 DCI and she can stand on her own as well if not better than my warriors with resist refinement armour.

For archers, I have been using studded and loving it. The 55 LMC really shines there.
And for archers I always go with at least 75 physical/fire/energy refinements. DCI doesn't play too much of a factor there.

It is important noting that I don't use sampires, so I don't know which suit fits them better.
Weapons with 70 to 87% HLL have been doing the trick for my dexxers.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I run a Vampire/Paladin template, and I went with studded armor, shield, and broadswords. I only have 5 reduction on my AIs, so the chained ones all cost 24 mana. I wear studded armor. Reforged for HCI.

My swords look like this:
Slayer,
100% HML,
35% HLA,
25% DI,
rest in HSL (50something I think)

I am rarely below max mana or max stam.

I get a lot of value out of my shield slot though:
5 HCI,
15 DCI,
5 SSI,
25 DI.

I have made on TC a shield with, just not on production:
5HCI,
15DCI,
10SSI
30DI
This could then be enhanced with heartwood to get either another 5HCI or 10 DI, which would just be the bees knees.