• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What am I doing when I'm "too busy to hide"?

G

Its weird to get the message, "You are busy doing something else and cannot hide". There's nothing else that gives a similar message, you don't get "You are busy doing something else and cannot cast that spell" or whatever.

Of course once you do get this it resets the hide timer and you have to wait another 10s, then chances are you will get the busy message another couple of times.

I just wish I knew what special something it is that I'm doing when trying to hide and I'd stop doing it. Its just that I have no idea, its certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but I figure it can't hurt to throw the suggestion out there. More than a few times I have unknowingly set 2 macro's to use the same hotkey. (One though UOA, and one though the client). So when I hit the key to play the UOA macro, the client macro would have already started, thus stopping, or hanging up the UOA macro from working properly. Don't know if this is what's going on in your case, but just a thought. Good luck.

G

No you get the message in the game, when you fail to successfully hide.

C

Chango Pelon

No, when I fail to hide I get "You fail to hide" and when I have a target up or a macro that didn't stop itself from UOA, I get the "Too busy to hide" text.

I think it was as suggested about the hotkeys or a "blank target" I generaly hit ESC before hiding as a habit since I hit A LOT of keys and never want to fail.

G

Thanks for the ideas. Sounds sensible.

Of course its just wrong that the hide timer gets set, you should be able to try to hide again right away.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

maybe your making to much noise or breathing to hard to hide and have to 'relax' before you can hide ?

G

This happens to me often when I fail to use a ninja skill like shadow jump and then try to hide again... only thing I have found to fix it is to cast some other spell first that I won't fail like mirror image and then hide.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You know the ONLY time I get that message is right after I've shadow jumped, If I reveal and try to hide again I get that message and it's REALLY annoying...not sure if the shadow jump has anything to do with it, what were you doing RIGHT before you got the message? Shadow Jump? Smoke Bomb? Anything? Maybe we can narrow it down.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

Its weird to get the message, "You are busy doing something else and cannot hide". There's nothing else that gives a similar message, you don't get "You are busy doing something else and cannot cast that spell" or whatever.

Of course once you do get this it resets the hide timer and you have to wait another 10s, then chances are you will get the busy message another couple of times.

I just wish I knew what special something it is that I'm doing when trying to hide and I'd stop doing it. Its just that I have no idea, its certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably something you should not be doing , since your trying to hide......

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

You know the ONLY time I get that message is right after I've shadow jumped

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly same thing I've noticed. I didn't know if this was a bug or it was some intended thing. Perhaps a bug report should be written up, I haven't seen this behavior documented anywhere.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You know the ONLY time I get that message is right after I've shadow jumped

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly same thing I've noticed. I didn't know if this was a bug or it was some intended thing. Perhaps a bug report should be written up, I haven't seen this behavior documented anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, it does seem to be related to shdaow jump. I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Update: Just made it happen. I was in animal form (not certain that's relevent), hid, stealthed a bit, shadow jumped, ran and so revealed, tried to hide, got the message.

I'll stick it in a bug report.

R

Ru Atl

Always(until this is fixed atleast) open your paperdoll after you shadow jump. This is the only thing i know that fixes it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Always(until this is fixed atleast) open your paperdoll after you shadow jump. This is the only thing i know that fixes it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, if you are stealthing and shadowjumping around in animal form, I've found changing to human form fixes it as well.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So it IS a bug with Shadowjump...good to know!

Feedback has been sent?? And I'm sure at least Jeremy if not Drac or Leuro has seen this too, awesome
I thought it was just me!

R

Ru Atl

that's an extra 10 mana or 20 if you change back into animal form. opening the paperdoll is quick, easy, costs no mana, and hasn't failed me yet.

actually, now that i think about it are you sure this works? i seem to remember this one time before i started opening the paperdoll. i shadowjumped onto luna wall, switched outta wolf form, mounted my charger, and then attacked someone, but my deathstrike/special moves wouldn't activate.

L

Lord_Spartacus

Happens alot to stealthers ... to get around it I usually do something to get a "target cursor" up. Like open my virtue gump and select Sacrifice to get the target, then cancel it ... or double click a bandaide, double click scissors, etc ... just cancel the target cursor and you are good to go.

G

When I first started I thought my character had to be behind a tree or blocked by a building before I could hide...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Flutter, you're a dork *grins*

That really made me laugh out loud LOL omg...whew okay I"m fine.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Feedback has been sent??

[/ QUOTE ]
This bug was reported in Samurai Empire beta over 3 years ago and I just sent in another report 2 weeks ago.

A similar bug now occurs due to the deactivation of Special Moves any time a spell is cast. That bug has also been reported.