• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What About Vendors Tracking Activity?

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RavenWinterHawk

Suppose a vendor once set up tracked the following information.

Name of player that sets it up and own its.
Date opened.
Items sold and value.
Name of player buying the items.

In general. In general. Wouldnt that give EA a nice document for odd activity.

When the vendor falls or is cancelled the data remains in UO space.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I think vendor tracking would be a good idea, I think that if it were done there would be a huge uproar about privacy or some such nonsense. Personally, I couldn't care less. I trust EA with my credit card info, why would I care if they see my vendor activity. I've got nothing to hide. At least with some sort of tracking system EA could easily figure out who's selling val runics and other items dirt cheap and restocking every 2 hours to keep one on the vendor without much fuss.

R

RavenWinterHawk

While I think vendor tracking would be a good idea, I think that if it were done there would be a huge uproar about privacy or some such nonsense. Personally, I couldn't care less. I trust EA with my credit card info, why would I care if they see my vendor activity. I've got nothing to hide. At least with some sort of tracking system EA could easily figure out who's selling val runics and other items dirt cheap and restocking every 2 hours to keep one on the vendor without much fuss.
Thats the beauty of the game. Its theirs. So privacy isnt an issue. Just programming and doing it.

But I think it would be great to track items that way.
You cant get around it.

Vendors are account bound. Purchases are player specific.