• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What a wonderful day! What a wonderful man!

• Thread starter Beatrice Quill
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Beatrice Quill

I've spent less than half an hour in UO today, but I have to say - what a wonderful day it's been!

There's nothing quite like taking an entire day out (yes, of course WITH him!) JUST to celebrate 10 years of amazingly happy marriage to a guy who is truly one in a billion - and I don't think I tell him just how great he is nearly often enough.

So hubby 'o mine - thank you for the ten happiest years of my life, and for a fantastic day today!

*bounces*

you have gained 0.1 points in snuggling
*goes to make sure she gets ALL today's RoT gains in snuggling!*

G

Happy anniversary!

<blockquote><hr>

a guy who is truly one in a billion

[/ QUOTE ]

So...does this mean there are 4 - 5 more Otto's out there somewhere??

-Skylark

D

Dor of Sonoma

That's fantastic. *grins*

Thoroughly wonderful!

Congratulations to both of you.

M

Mandolin

Congratulations you two.. here's wishing you another 5 or 6 of those 10 year anniversaries.. if not more.

G

Ginsu-SP

It's awesome to know such a great couple. You two are inspiring in so many ways!

Congratulations!

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

Congratulations you two.. here's wishing you another 5 or 6 of those 10 year anniversaries.. if not more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah Spyder, because in the future we'll all live to the age of 100+, wear silver jumpsuits and drive flying cars.
And Congrats Otto and Beatrice, I agree with Spyder, hehe.

G

Happy Anniversary!!!

You have found a Gem among men!!! May you have decades more times together!

U

Uther Mortigast

Happy tenth, you two.

Which anniversary is this anyway, paper? (I never can remember which one is which)

G

Congratulations to you two
Wish you may share many many more happy years

G

<blockquote><hr>

Happy anniversary!

<blockquote><hr>

a guy who is truly one in a billion

[/ QUOTE ]

So...does this mean there are 4 - 5 more Otto's out there somewhere??

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]Well according to the census bureau the worlds population will hit 6.5 Billion at 7:16 p.m. EST Saturday. That means there are technically 5.5 more Otto's out there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Happy tenth, you two.

Which anniversary is this anyway, paper? (I never can remember which one is which)

[/ QUOTE ]Wedding Anniversary Name (other possible gifts)
1st Paper (clocks)
2nd Cotton (china)
3rd Leather (crystal, glass)
4th Linen, Silk (electric appliances)
5th Wood (silverware)
6th Iron (wood)
7th Wool, Copper (desk sets, pen &amp; pencil sets)
8th Bronze (linens, laces)
9th Pottery, China (leather)
10th Tin, Aluminum (diamond jewelry)
11th Steel (fashion jewelry, accessories)
12th Silk (pearls, colored gems)
13th Lace (textiles, furs)
14th Ivory (gold jewelry)
15th Crystal (watches)
20th China (platinum)
25th Silver (sterling silver)
30th Pearl (diamond)
35th Coral (jade)
40th Ruby (ruby)
45th Sapphire (sapphire)
50th Gold (gold)
55th Emerald (emerald)
60th Diamond (diamond)

The reason the first is the paper anniversary is because after a year, you would rather just read the paper...

G

yall better be loading up on the coral and jade for me and my hubby come August !
But since so many rl dirtnap before the ruby gold and diamond anniversary ..feel free to donate those to us, before we rl croak ! hey I am not getting any younger ! HAR

I thought the first anniv. was made paper cuz that is what a lot of em need paper to file divorce after the 12th month.

K

Katharine

Happy 10th you two!!! I wish you many many more years of the happiness stuff

And Sky from what I understand there are at least 2 Otto's running around their house in mini form! hehe

What the bloody hell do you get someone on their 28th anniversary though? Cause my parent's 28th is coming up next month!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Happy tenth, you two.

[/ QUOTE ]Wedding Anniversary Name (other possible gifts)
1st Paper (clocks)
2nd Cotton (china)
3rd Leather (crystal, glass)
4th Linen, Silk (electric appliances)
5th Wood (silverware)
6th Iron (wood)
7th Wool, Copper (desk sets, pen &amp; pencil sets)
8th Bronze (linens, laces)
9th Pottery, China (leather)
10th Tin, Aluminum (diamond jewelry)
11th Steel (fashion jewelry, accessories)
12th Silk (pearls, colored gems)
13th Lace (textiles, furs)
14th Ivory (gold jewelry)
15th Crystal (watches)
20th China (platinum)
25th Silver (sterling silver)
30th Pearl (diamond)
35th Coral (jade)
40th Ruby (ruby)
45th Sapphire (sapphire)
50th Gold (gold)
55th Emerald (emerald)
60th Diamond (diamond)

The reason the first is the paper anniversary is because after a year, you would rather just read the paper...

[/ QUOTE ]

In today's world, where facial tissues sometimes have a longer umblemished life expectancy than a lot of marriages (which is pathetic), I am kind of surprised the list has not been revised.

Kudos to Bea &amp; Otto, and anyone else who is a product of post 60's culture that is on 10 years+ with their spouse, and still feels "What a wonderful day! What a wonderful man (or woman)!" Wishing that you will both be saying that to each other in good health this time of year in 2056 or so, when your friends will be consulting the global database via the wireless chips embedded in their heads, for suitable gifts to give for a Plutonium anniversary (hopefully they won't be looking up a reference on what a wedding anniversary is).

-Skylark

G

I hope that no one thinks that I'm an ungrateful blind miner, for taking so long to reply, but thanking the good lady suitably takes time. One does not polish a rare gem in haste, after all.

Besides, just after she made her post last night, our delightful service provider decided to invite a herd of crazed hippos round to dance on our connection, so I'm currently borrowing a dial-up connection from a few houses down the road, both to check my messages, and to send more rude ones to the ISP, who seems to respond to emails about service problems quicker than phone calls. Why do I feel as if I'm stuck in an old Dilbert cartoon??

But, thank you to all of you - and thanks especially to the amazing woman who who has stuck by me through thick and thin.

P.S. Darling, you don't NEED RoT gains. You've always been legendary to me.
*posts before dial-up dies, and anyone complains about gratuitous cheesiness*

Back later folks... whenever the ISP decides they WANT to keep their customers!

G

Most online searches turn up nothing for 28th I guess the anniversary folks over the centuries only thought in 5's after the 10th anniversary.

You could do like I did a combo of the 25th silver and future 30th pearl and find something with both those items on it. *candles in fancy stands, as an example*

Some sights list the orchid for 28th.

Or you can do what I did for my parents between the fancy 5's anniversaries. I sent em on an all expenses paid first class ultra fancy trip to Montreal, for a week. Course we lived in Ohio at the time, and I worked for a travel agency at the time and thus Montreal wasn't that far away and I had travel industry discount fees to also utilise !

Anyhow my parents were thrilled and their trip I bought em, to Montreal and it ended up one of their more favorite trips in their lifetimes.. &amp; they so loved to travel.

I was thrilled that one year Avon did the ruby plates and got them that whole set with goblets and plates and even ruby handled silverware for their 40th. Little did I know that that would be the last pile of fancies I would ever get to give my parents on their May anniversary, for my father died that year in June fathers day.

So yeh whilst ye still have, em treat em with anything wonderful and the heck with the *anniversary lists*

G

<blockquote><hr>

to Montreal and it ended up one of their more favorite trips in their lifetimes..

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone mentions vacationing in your city, it seems somehow strange, but it makes you stop to think that theres alot of things you take for granted. Montreal, and maybe Quebec city are as much like visiting Europe as you can get without crossing the big pond.

Tips for travellers to Montreal:

1. Even though all the signs are in French, most people speak both languages and can help you get where you are going.
2. Driving in Montreal is not for the faint of heart. The closer you get to downtown, the more psycho people are. If you don't think you can take the heat, take a cab and buckle up. There's a damned good reason why in Canada, only on the island of Montreal are you not allowed to turn right on a red light.
3. Crossing the street downtown - see #2 and think about it. Don't expect cars to stop just because you are in front of them...

K

Katharine

<blockquote><hr>

1. Even though all the signs are in French, most people speak both languages and can help you get where you are going.
2. Driving in Montreal is not for the faint of heart. The closer you get to downtown, the more psycho people are. If you don't think you can take the heat, take a cab and buckle up. There's a damned good reason why in Canada, only on the island of Montreal are you not allowed to turn right on a red light.
3. Crossing the street downtown - see #2 and think about it. Don't expect cars to stop just because you are in front of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey that almost sounds like Okinawa! *chuckles*
Here I help with tips for driving on Okinawa:

1. Unless you like driving really fast, take a cab and learn to pray!
2. If you like Nascar and ever dream of being in a race car on the track on race day, take a cab and learn to pray.
3. Learn that the oblong pedal on the right side of the left side of the car is called the gas pedal, use it or get run over, cut off, or pushed to the curb. However, learn to control road rage with politeness, but be wary because drivers tend to bow while cutting you off. Very polite people who drive like maniacs!
4. Never ever ever ever turn on a redlight unless the green turnlight is on, this constitutes as death in progress, and be mindful of pedestrians cause they obviously have no clue what WALK and DON'T WALK means.
5. Watch Nascar racing and use those methods of driving on the everyday highways.
6. Last but not least the most important rule, learn to pray while driving otherwise you're gonna meet whatever Maker you believe in with a stupified look going "WTF just happened?!" I usually chant "Oh god I'm gonna die" repeatedly. *chuckles*

D

Dor of Sonoma

I loved living in Montreal.

I look forward to returning there some day.