• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Whammy Build

W

wreckdumb

not sure if anyone accually calls em whammies but my template is

120 bush
120 parry
120 melee skill
120 tactics
100 spirit speak
80 chiv
60 necro

now what i wanna do is fit magic resist on this template... somehow.
what i came up with is

120 bush
120 parry
120 melee skill
120 tactics -20
100 spirit speak -20
80 chiv -10
60 necro -20

that leaves 70(real) magic resist, with another 12 from my ring.

soo im end up with 82 magic resist. would this worth getting?

the final template would be something like

120 bush
120 parry
120 melee skill
100 tactics
80 spirit speak
70 chiv
40 necro
70(real)82 magic resist.

btw i dont use protection, i run 2/3 fc.
any critique would be helpful =P.

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With resist, its better to go 120 or nothing. For a strictly PvM character, there is really no reason to have resist because there are so many ways to remove curses and stuff. I have always been a firm believer in running 100 resist on my PvM'ers but its so much more effective to use that 100 points for something else.

I must confess though that I do swap between 70 resist and 70 anatomy on my sampire, depending on what I'm fighting. I find that the small benefit of 70 resist overcomes the loss of a little DI against casters.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop parry to 70, with curse weapon up you will be healing enough. Still enough for evasion and the -10 mana cost discount.
I like 120 resist to avoid the chain paralyze and full mana drains from casters.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can also put 30 necro on a spare set of jewels and equip them to go into wraith form and then requip your main set which could have 30 ss on it. Do this and you freed up 60 points.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you could go

70 chiv
100 anat
100 tactics
90 healing
120 bush
120 melee
120 resist

30 ss on main set of jewels
30 necro on spare set of jewels, use scrolls for wraith form or carry regs

J

[JD]

if he's human, last I checked JOAT Necro was enough to hold wraith after casting it. so he doesnt even need necro on his template, just jewels like you mentioned to cast wraith.

kind of depends if he's only planning on using SS for curse weap or what uses he needs out of SS.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you could go

70 chiv
100 anat
100 tactics
90 healing
120 bush
120 melee
120 resist

30 ss on main set of jewels
30 necro on spare set of jewels, use scrolls for wraith form or carry regs
How do you cast curse weapon with that? And it would only last 7.5 seconds or so (didnt check exact number) with 30 ss, so you would be spending a good amount of your time casting it instead of dealing damage. Not to mention the fact , that it tends to get interrupted at the worst possible moment ( for a melee char ) if you dont have some fc/fcr or run in protection.

Apart from that, not everyone wants a wammy just to do slasher. Wraith form/curse weapon/bushido combinations can be insanly fun to play and can outdamage everything else in game.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont need to cast curse as I am using healing as my main form to heal damage. Mix in confidence, close wounds and pots you do not need curse weapon. The only thing I use necro for is to go into wraith form.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you cast curse weapon with that? And it would only last 7.5 seconds or so (didnt check exact number) with 30 ss, so you would be spending a good amount of your time casting it instead of dealing damage. Not to mention the fact , that it tends to get interrupted at the worst possible moment ( for a melee char ) if you dont have some fc/fcr or run in protection.

Apart from that, not everyone wants a wammy just to do slasher. Wraith form/curse weapon/bushido combinations can be insanly fun to play and can outdamage everything else in game.
I was under the impression that the OP wanted suggestions and ideas. This is what i use and it works well for me. I have no problem doing other mobs other than slasher.

W

wreckdumb

you could go

70 chiv
100 anat
100 tactics
90 healing
120 bush
120 melee
120 resist
no parry at all? what kinda peerless have you solo'd?

well i rely on curse weapon to heal myself. i use two 2h weapons, blackstaff for WW's and Quarter staff for speed. i dont use protection cuz the -magic resist debuff, and i run 2/3 casting.

mostly i wanna not one shot myself when bloodoath is popped on me.

now. someone said 70 parry. so i started thinking.
120bush/120parry = 40% 2h block rate

120bush/80parry = 28%

now my next question is. would it be worth loosing the 12% block rate for 120 magic resist?

W

wreckdumb

guess i should tell you my gear & stats too

mace and shield
gladiators collar
woodland imbued chest/arms/gloves enhanced 5% hci
fey leggings
tangle
royal guard sash
royal guard boots
ranger cloak of aug
orny
and imbued ring

weapon's are imbued with
60% DI ( +10% from enhance)
30% SSI
40-50% Stam leetch
40-50% Mana leetch
5% HCI (+5% from enhance)
1 extra mod (usually a slayer)

stats are
45% hci/dci
90% lrc
40% LMC
2/3 casting
25 HPI
mana increase 13
stam inc 7
DI 100%
MR 4
HPR 2
STR Bonus:11
DEX bonus:5
INT Bonus:18
all 70's

STR:131(140 life)
DEX:130(137 stam)
INT:28(61 mana)

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slasher, medusa, styg drag, navery (but she is easy), lady mel, dread horn. Working on a better char atm to get keys easier for dh, parox, and effusion. I have used this char at most champ spawns as well (except the succub, as my char is male and well it just does not go well for the men). I dont really use parry on any of my chars. You have to drop something and move out of your comfort level when trying to cram 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag. I really had a hard time adjusting to no resist, and it was annoying getting constantly paralyzed. I usually swap resist out with ss on my fencer as you can heal thru the poisons and the paras are no big deal since you are getting hit right after he casts it on you. What is nice is I can easily swap out various skills to tailor my char to what im fighting. On this char I am wanting mana leech from wraith form and that is it. LL on my wep and spam AI/LS along with healing, conf, close wounds, pots and i am fine. Whatever works for you though.

W

wreckdumb

if he's human, last I checked JOAT Necro was enough to hold wraith after casting it. so he doesnt even need necro on his template, just jewels like you mentioned to cast wraith.

kind of depends if he's only planning on using SS for curse weap or what uses he needs out of SS.
im also a elf(might change to human), the reason i have 40 necro is cuz i rely on 100% cast rate of curseweapon(my main way of healing). and once i again i dont wanna protection cuz of the - magic resist debuff. and on my imbued ring i can fit +12 magicresist on it. so thats why im doing 80.0 parry math.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run sampire without using curse weapon or wraith at all with 90 parry, and either 120 resist or anatomy. 40 lmc as well, spamming feint if needed, using leafblade.
Char does very well for spawns and peerless stuff.
Also got a gargoyle wammy with similar skill distribution then yours, and it works very well.
So if 90 parry do work with 20% life leech, 70 will do for sure with curse weapon running.

W

wreckdumb

okay my question to you delbrie is

would you rather have 80 parry(28%blockrate) and 120 resist OR or 80 resist and 120 parry(40% Block rate)?

thanks for quick replys btw =P

W

wreckdumb

I run sampire without using curse weapon or wraith at all with 90 parry, and either 120 resist or anatomy. 40 lmc as well, spamming feint if needed, using leafblade.
Char does very well for spawns and peerless stuff.
Also got a gargoyle wammy with similar skill distribution then yours, and it works very well.
So if 90 parry do work with 20% life leech, 70 will do for sure with curse weapon running.
i think your post made me drop my parry to 80 :thumbup1: .

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okay my question to you delbrie is

would you rather have 80 parry(28%blockrate) and 120 resist OR or 80 resist and 120 parry(40% Block rate)?

thanks for quick replys btw =P
depends what i was fighting. If i was gonna do effusion, no way would i melee it and I would swap out fencing for archery. Since effusion casts I would go with as much resist as I could. If you are being attacked by ranged attacks like magic or archery then parry is kind of pointless IMO, and if you dont have resit you wont be able to run to hel cause they will constantly para you.

If dreadhorn, I would go with parry as you are up close getting hit and cast upon and so the curses and paras would not be a big deal. Plus you can heal thru the poisons. But I would also prefer to do DH on my sampire, but my wammy can easily be swapped out to make him a sampire.

At a champ spawn like undead, I found that if you do not have healing it is real brutal as they are casting at you from a distance and you cannt start to heal until you start damaging them.

I just find it nice to be able to build the template to swap skills out as you need to. whatever build i chose i will always make sure i have 3-5 different ways to heal and I am always using most of them. Like on slasher and styg you really need the healing.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you could go

70 chiv
100 anat
100 tactics
90 healing
120 bush
120 melee
120 resist
90 healing, 100 anat, no way to block hard hitting melee attacks.
That may work for one of your ranged chars, but i guess a melee char will get destroyed in 5 seconds using that skill set.
That template sounds like an archer or thrower, and that is different. Navrey without parry and that low healing is not possible solo on melee, maybe on a lucky day but not consistently.

I run a healing only char as well that is able to solo some peerlees without dying, but thats with 120 healing/anat/ninjitsu/fencing , 25 ep , mirror images, feint spam and every other lame trick that is possible without cheating.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is doable, you just have to find a strategy that works. Like I said my chars work for me and im use to them. I use to be the palidan warrior type and that was it. I wanted nothing to do with bush, necro or these hybrid templates. Then I started hunting with a guildy that in my opinion is probably one of the best PVM person on our shard. I started to change and now it is a lot of fun. I just dont have one template or char that does everything. I have seen the benefits of multiple chars and swapping skills out as needed. Currently I am working on a myst archer and myst bard (key collector), and I have to admit the myst archer is the funnest char I have played. The OP just asked for advice and I gave it from my experience, no need to criticize because I don't run the same template that you do.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Running 0 parry is really no problem at all. Dread is still cake and keys are much easier with healing than parry, Paroxysmus is easier with healing. I don't do much else though, with that template anyway.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The OP just asked for advice and I gave it from my experience, no need to criticize because I don't run the same template that you do.
Didnt criticize your template. But this board is also called a discussion forum.

OP did ask for advice on wammy build. What you did post is a basic samurai warrior with healing and resist. So basically you did suggest that he replaces healing from curse weapon with bandage healing, which is inferior for melee chars except in places where it is required or doesnt matter.

So expect that someone will come and point that out.