• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Werewolf Transform Bugged

Cerevok

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Currently unable to switch back to human form from werewolf. On a successful 2nd use of the Become Wolf skill (No message about wolf spirit not allowing the transformation) the camera jumps quickly and I remain as a wolf.

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
What error message do you see in the client log? Ctrl+* the asterisk on your num pad. What you're describing sounds like a missing animation, but I can transform back and forth okay, so I don't think it's that.

Last edited:

Cerevok

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's shift + * to open debug log apparently, and I tried spotting the error message but it scrolls to fast to read considering I don't know exactly what I am looking for/at. Couldn't figure out how to "pause" it. But from what I could gather there was no error message, there is a bit about setting my player entity 34260 or something back to my normal setting gender=m, race=r or whatever and so on, but then immediately after that there is another message about setting my player entity 34260 or whatever # it was to Player Wolf 2000. But it seems like the transform button isn't working as intended to switch you back and forth it only wants to turn you into a wolf?

Citan

VIP
Stratics Veteran
I haven't heard of anybody else having trouble switching back and forth, and I can switch my characters back and forth. I think there must be something specific about your computer's set up. Can you send me the log file? It will have all of the log console's stuff in it. It'll be in the directory where the game gets installed to, so probably something like

C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Local\ProjectGorgon\ProjectGorgon_Data\output_log.txt

(replacing YourNameHere with your Windows username. And you may not see an AppData folder because it's hidden, but you can type it into the top of the Explorer window to get to it.) If you can either attach that here or email it to me at [email protected], I'll see if I can spot what's going on. Thanks!

Citan

VIP
Stratics Veteran
Had another report of this, so it must be more widespread than I thought. I'm looking into it from the server side now. Thanks for the report!