• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well that was a bit weird...

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm running around in Shame, just finished off the Guardian troll on lvl2 and I cross the bridge. There's 2 greater Earth Eles, standing around having a chat, I put in my 2 cents and they start going at each other. I'm standing about 10 feet away, both are disco'ed, still fighting about something each thought the other said about their mothers, and the next thing I know, I'm frozen. There's nothing else on screen, even when I max it out. I saw Parrot (my Bard) go thru a quick death animation when it happened. Then it flashes on screen, that I am free. So I take another lookaround, and I see the death animation again, and I'm frozen again.

Is this random, is there a reason this is happening? Kinda concerns me justttttt a bit.

Parrot.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can honestly say that I have never had anything like that happen to me and I spend a fair amount of time in Shame as well as other dungeons.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm running around in Shame, just finished off the Guardian troll on lvl2 and I cross the bridge. There's 2 greater Earth Eles, standing around having a chat, I put in my 2 cents and they start going at each other. I'm standing about 10 feet away, both are disco'ed, still fighting about something each thought the other said about their mothers, and the next thing I know, I'm frozen. There's nothing else on screen, even when I max it out. I saw Parrot (my Bard) go thru a quick death animation when it happened. Then it flashes on screen, that I am free. So I take another lookaround, and I see the death animation again, and I'm frozen again.

Is this random, is there a reason this is happening? Kinda concerns me justttttt a bit.

Parrot.
From Hunter's Guide Greater Earth Elemental
Special Abilities: Frenzied rage, stun from a distance
you got stunned, which explains the 'you are free' message.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Hunter's Guide Greater Earth Elemental

you got stunned, which explains the 'you are free' message.
Is this a targeted attack or area spell? If the earth ellies are provoked onto each other should the bard be getting stunned? (I tend to stick to the lower levels of Shame so I haven't really fought any Greater Earth Ellies since my return, I am fairly ignorant on this subject)

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have no official information, only that researched by players. Since you were hit by this 'stun at a distance' special attack I would deduce that it is an area effect.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotta be an area effect....there was nothing else near, and I wasn't targeted by either, they were too busy dancing with each other to notice me, muhaha

Meshak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I know this post is 9 years old, but I experienced this 2 nights ago in Shame Level I. I was tanking a stone elemental with my Paladin. Same thing. I could move, but could not attack.

Alexion

Visitor
I had the same thing happen, but with my Nightmare. I was free to move, but Nimboogoo just stood there not attacking. All of a sudden, death animation. Lasted a couple of seconds and then he was "back" and fighting.

This was in Destard.