• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well, I suppose it had to happen some time...

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sept 19 is the last day for Toontown. A few of the old timers have decided to meet up Stratics-style to relive the old days.

When: Sunday, 9-15, 7PM EDT
Where: The first "F" district, SBHQ, "the pit"
What: Who knows? Maybe some boss runs, maybe some beans, races, golf, whatever we all wanna do

I doubt I'll be there, because that's the last day of vacation, but from the looks of the facebook conversation, it appears quite a few will be around. Hope y'all have fun!

Kathryn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sept 19 is the last day for Toontown. A few of the old timers have decided to meet up Stratics-style to relive the old days.

When: Sunday, 9-15, 7PM EDT
Where: The first "F" district, SBHQ, "the pit"
What: Who knows? Maybe some boss runs, maybe some beans, races, golf, whatever we all wanna do

I doubt I'll be there, because that's the last day of vacation, but from the looks of the facebook conversation, it appears quite a few will be around. Hope y'all have fun!
Hiya Trish,
You used to know me as Katilou aka Missyunderstood. Russ and I have been playing fairly regularly with the ATTA clan but just wanted you to know that you are always in our thoughts since we had come back to the game. It is difficult to go through yet another game closing but I hope to finish this game off with a bang! We hope we could see you in the game before it does close and if not it is still great to see you post!
~Katilou

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it is sad day. I just hope people will find something else to do. Nice to see you post Trish and hi.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My heart goes out to you guys. Cling to the friends and memories. I hope you find a new immersive world soon!

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My heart goes out to you guys. Cling to the friends and memories. I hope you find a new immersive world soon!
After a lot of research I figured out some things. Some people were getting memberships for free. The other people were doing bad things to their servers. Hopefully Disney will be okay. They been losing a lot of money. Their stock is not up as high as it used to be.

Cooper11

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My first MMO... This game has lead me into a world I never dreamed of. After joining ToonTown and encountering so many friends and fun experiences, I really started to love MMOs in general. In the past year or two I've really drifted from this game. BUT Toontown has always been my rock - as I said before, my FIRST MMO. Knowing it was always there gave me a sense of hope - hope that even though the game wasn't the most successful, it would remain. Too many online worlds are ripped away because of business decisions and I get that, but the fact that we have to lose a familiar environment to have fun and hang out with friends in is cruel. This MMO (as well as all MMOs) are a home... are an escape... are more than a game.

Anyways, I'll be there to mourn Toontown and as Syrus said - cling to my friends. I suppose there's nothing we can do about it now. If anyone wishes to contact me or have fun in a different setting (though nothing can replace ToonTown) I'm on the SWGCannon's Tarkin server (google it). I hope to see some of the friends and players I've come across over the years again. Thank you all for your time and dedication to not only Stratics, but ToonTown. There won't be a game like it again.

Farewell my old friend,
Cooper11 (ToonTown Stratics' Former ME)

Mr. Wack

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boy, this is saddening. I had a lot of fun in TT, made plenty of friends on it. When I checked my emails, I noticed that ToonTask sent out an email talking about the closure of TT. It's shocking, but I suppose I can't be all that surprised since the game hasn't had any new content in years (aside from cosmetics). They didn't have to stop after Bossbot HQ, they could've worked on that Fun Farm (did it ever really exist though, as a concept?). I stopped playing around that time. Even so, TT was a great MMO and I'm sad to see it go.

I used to play with you guys before, with our weekly meetups at Donald's Dock. I wasn't involved that much, but I liked the community here. Heck, I tried to pass off as 18 when I was really 10 (but you all saw right through that). Loved playing with you all, I still recognize a few names.

Rest in peace, Toontown.
-Wacky Fizzle Bumble

Dane1980

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't played Toontown in awhile. I log in occasionally just to see my toons and see if anything new has happened. It does make me sad to know that even if I did want to play, soon I can't. It also ticks me off a little, I love my little toons and I hate to know they'll eventually just be gone, like my Sims. I doubt I can attend the event. I'll be on vacation and I am usually not back to the hotel room that early in the evening. Have a toontastic time everyone.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see some old familiar faces are still lurking about. I'm still not sure if I will be able to partake on Sunday, since my real life took a terrible turn this week. But I sure hope you all have fun, make good memories and of course post some pictures :)

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see some old familiar faces are still lurking about. I'm still not sure if I will be able to partake on Sunday, since my real life took a terrible turn this week. But I sure hope you all have fun, make good memories and of course post some pictures :)
Get better soon Trish.
I might try to make it. If I do I have to use the laptop sense it has windows. It be a lot easier for screen shoots.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone! I had planned to come tonight, but while testing the filter, I ended up banning myself till tomorrow! :( (Oops..Haha)
If anyone goes, have fun! I have been playing a lot this week using all of my invasion/buildings. Will log into tomorrow and throw all of my unites, can't take them with me.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone! I had planned to come tonight, but while testing the filter, I ended up banning myself till tomorrow! :( (Oops..Haha)
If anyone goes, have fun! I have been playing a lot this week using all of my invasion/buildings. Will log into tomorrow and throw all of my unites, can't take them with me.
Elga I did come and fangs showed up that all. Maybe we should reschedule. Stop playing so hard with chat filter.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elga I did come and fangs showed up that all. Maybe we should reschedule. Stop playing so hard with chat filter.

LOL I never realized it warns you! I was on the trolley just killing time and out of frustration I let out a few expletives (I was by myself...) and it goes "This is your final warning". Say another word (they can't ban me?? The game is closing in a few days?!) Then it automatically shuts down...oops!

I will probably log on tonight and let all of my unites out. Other than that, Grand Theft Auto 5 comes out tomorrow, I'll be occupied for some time! Glad a few of you were able to meet for one last hurrah!

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I never realized it warns you! I was on the trolley just killing time and out of frustration I let out a few expletives (I was by myself...) and it goes "This is your final warning". Say another word (they can't ban me?? The game is closing in a few days?!) Then it automatically shuts down...oops!

I will probably log on tonight and let all of my unites out. Other than that, Grand Theft Auto 5 comes out tomorrow, I'll be occupied for some time! Glad a few of you were able to meet for one last hurrah!
They sneaked that in last minute updates. I guess there is no staff except for billing staff. I believe that it bad for them to do that using automatic admin.

I might go back to playing wizard101 or pirate101. I should be get ready for Christmas season lol.