• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well I guesse thats it......

K

Kith Kanan

Stuffed my main house and my castle with what I could be bothered to save , and closed down 5 accounts , so a few houses will go idoc soon ---soonish , and NO my main house will not go idoc so you cant place a Castle
, i'll keep that and the castle account open until UO shuts down the servers :)

Thats it I guesse , I'm out , the bugs , the cheating , the muppet devs who dont know **** , and the even worse GM's ..... i kept on for a good while after they banned one of my accounts for no good reason , but I just have gotten tirred of the incompetent shid , no good scenarios where only the few selected ones are alloved to get realy involved....

I'm off , aufwiedersen , ciao , farveller ..........

And nope you cant have diddly , I got a little sister who playes :) she just got accese to alot of ultimate gear :)

To my friends... its been a blast !!!!

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have UO burn out. Put it up for 90 to 120 days and you and your friends will be right back to it. Because you are keeping two accounts open this is for others thinking of hanging it up. I see people almost on a daily basis now coming back and saying what the had and how they wished they hadn't just walked away. I've quit UO three times in three years but always kept my account open. I will get tired and quit again but like you said in your statement you won't let your castle drop until the servers go down permanently.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is sad to see someone have such a bad time as your having, there is as you mentioned a down side to UO like most things in life and I hope a break will have you missing the good things. If you decide to return and wish to get involved with the events send me a PM and I will get you up to date etc and give you a helping hand to join in. One great place to get info is the EMs own web site but a visit to the EMs HQ (council hall next to blackthorns castle, brit, tram) just before 8pm you will genrally find people who will update you or even a EM/event about to start. Enjoy your break and I hope you start to miss the good things soon.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stuffed my main house and my castle with what I could be bothered to save , and closed down 5 accounts , so a few houses will go idoc soon ---soonish , and NO my main house will not go idoc so you cant place a Castle
, i'll keep that and the castle account open until UO shuts down the servers :)

Thats it I guesse , I'm out , the bugs , the cheating , the muppet devs who dont know **** , and the even worse GM's ..... i kept on for a good while after they banned one of my accounts for no good reason , but I just have gotten tirred of the incompetent shid , no good scenarios where only the few selected ones are alloved to get realy involved....

I'm off , aufwiedersen , ciao , farveller ..........

And nope you cant have diddly , I got a little sister who playes :) she just got accese to alot of ultimate gear :)

To my friends... its been a blast !!!!
Sorry to see you go my old friend.

Were playing Darkfall right now, drop me a pm here anytime if you ever play it

K

Kith Kanan

Well last time I quit I sold all my accounts , not gonna do that again , was tempted but.... All my gear is stashed safely away , only deco and rubbish left... So I can come back if I miss it sometime , atm I'm playing RoM , building chars , thats kinda my thing hehe but at one time having 9 UO accounts running all with chars I play , I recon thats no secret hehehe.

Havent checked out Darkfall at all m8 , I might give it a spin , any special server or anything I should pick to mess with you guys ??

Thx for the info Flame , noted if I should need it in the future , one never knows ;)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well last time I quit I sold all my accounts , not gonna do that again , was tempted but.... All my gear is stashed safely away , only deco and rubbish left... So I can come back if I miss it sometime , atm I'm playing RoM , building chars , thats kinda my thing hehe but at one time having 9 UO accounts running all with chars I play , I recon thats no secret hehehe.

Havent checked out Darkfall at all m8 , I might give it a spin , any special server or anything I should pick to mess with you guys ??

Thx for the info Flame , noted if I should need it in the future , one never knows ;)
there is only a Euro server just now, It has a population of 20k just now and they let 1k more in a day. Its Old School UO you would like it

B

Black Betty

If you took the time to 'stash' your goodies and are not going to let one of them go, then you really aren't quitting are you? I think Yellow Beard is right. Sounds like 'UO burn-out' to me as well.

People who truely are going to quit give their belongings away or just shut the accounts down. If I were going to quit, I would probably do it in a fun way for other folks. Like maybe an auction like event where stuff were just put on a vendor for free and whomever was able to 'buy' it the quickest would win it. Or, maybe place a smaller house in fel and fill it will loot and drop it after gating to it. keke. Now THAT would be fun!

K

Kith Kanan

Well part of it is to make sure THP dont place 2 castles :) Other is I got a sister who playes and I got a hell of alot of cool gear , and ofc one never knows if I come back... but it wont be soon thats for sure