• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome to My Own Little Corner!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those look so... wonderful. I'd so prefer more realistically subtle hints of colour rather than the "LOOK AT ME, I'M OBSCENELY BRIGHT" plants that we have now ;)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The plants WERE partially hued like that in the KR client. And that's the thing that frustrates me about when they changed from KR to EC... it seemed like they took so many things that KR did right in the process of trying to fix what was wrong with it. Granted much of these issues were on the UI side, plants were one of the main art issues in my mind.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
omgomgomg!! This is even better than reading posts signed by THE Lord British! I can stalk you much better from here! Seriously tho, I have said this before. Not very many game builders are this interactive with thier fans. Its great that your willing to discuss changes and for me its great when artists in the field I wish I was in will talk to me about it. I was spoiled in Metaplace, able to get real chummy with Raph and Rob. Others who were beta like me are now in the field and that makes me really happy. Metaplace ruined me though. It gave me a way to actually create a game using modules and my own art. It created a need in me that I have yet to figure out a new way to satisfy.

LOL - oh yea. I teach Game Design Theory at a local college. Their first assignment on the first day is to create a game that doesn't use computers... lol - you should see the look on their faces. Even letting them know that the game has to be simple, and encompass very basic game design principles (try to make it fun to play, has to have a written simple rule set and a win/lose scenario.), they have a really hard time getting their head around that. But the idea behind it is to show them that making a game that's fun is actually HARD - and that's BEFORE you add the whole computer component to the mix!
-Grimm
When I was in Metaplace, I was going to make an MMO. Even using player made modules, or dogging your friends to make them for you....it quickly turned into a huge huge project!

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omgomgomg!! This is even better than reading posts signed by THE Lord British! I can stalk you much better from here! Seriously tho, I have said this before. Not very many game builders are this interactive with thier fans. Its great that your willing to discuss changes and for me its great when artists in the field I wish I was in will talk to me about it. I was spoiled in Metaplace, able to get real chummy with Raph and Rob. Others who were beta like me are now in the field and that makes me really happy. Metaplace ruined me though. It gave me a way to actually create a game using modules and my own art. It created a need in me that I have yet to figure out a new way to satisfy.

When I was in Metaplace, I was going to make an MMO. Even using player made modules, or dogging your friends to make them for you....it quickly turned into a huge huge project!
Oh yea. MMO's are crazy. More so than most people think!

-Grimm

T

Takeamada

Hello, new to your thread so forgive me if I ask something that already has been asked or that belongs in a different department. I have been in UO now for almost 6 years, it would have been longer, but I just found out about the game when I saw my roommate playing it and asked what game that was.

Anyways, what I am hooked on is building homes and such and deco. I have built for myself and other players a total of 132 buildings in this game, 64 of which are currently in use as of March of this year.
My questions are;

1.Why are some items we use in game face only two directions, while other things can be faced all four?

2.Why can’t we use the outside steps and blocks inside, so things like stages and stuff could be made instead of using goza mats?

3.We have dye tubs for cloth, leather, armor, statues, arties, rune / spell books etc. but we can’t paint the walls of our homes?

4.How hard would it be to make pre-made spiral and or other shape staircases?

5.How hard would it be to make working water tiles for use in pounds, lakes, pools and / or bathtubs? Allowing players to get in or out of the water? The tiles could be used on ¼ and ½ walls as caps giving the illusion of sitting in a tub or pool?

I’ll stop at five for now to see what the repose is. On a side note, since stating UO I have notices that the art work and details of things are slowly getting better, I thank you and your team (if you have one) for making UO a livable, colorful, and exciting place to play. I hope you don’t think I’m whining, just would like to know.
Thank you