• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome, Rangers of the Realm! [RoR]

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please give a warm welcome to the Rangers of the Realm [RoR] and their Captain; Grey Holland. The Rangers are the latest addition to our growing Alliance.

In keeping with tradition; I shall allow Mrs. Holland to introduce herself and tell you about the historic band of woodsmen.

Grey Holland

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aaye and Well met to you all,

Let me begin with gratitude for your invitation to join this alliance. I look forward to spending time with old friends and making many new ones as well.

I am presently the guild mistress of RoR, which is an honor that I do not take lightly as Adian himself cast his vote on my behalf for the position.

The Rangers of the Realm have been many things in their long and dynamic existance. Its beginnings from the final two remaining Guardians of Yew who named their new family in honor of the old Rangers of Spiritwood, the Rangers of the Realm have pursued a life of honor and virtue. Whether we lived on the pennisula of Yew, occupying a large portion of Ocllo, or camping under a tree, in our hearts we were family and that family was RoR. We were much more than names on a stone...

It saddens me to speak of my family in the past tense but unfortunately many of my family have been forced to leave the lands or simply have wandered into the woods never to be seen again. Few follow the old ways, the ranger ways anymore.They are not to be judged as we all must walk our own paths, every ranger knows that one must first be true to his or her own self.

As part of that truth, I choose not to remain in the past. Instead I seek to honor that past by continuing the heritage of the Rangers of the Realm and face the future with warmth and hope. I have returned to the pennisula of Yew, where I now reside within the Town of Golden as a neighbor to many old friends. I look forward to meeting all of you as I continue to reaquaint myself with the ways of this new world I have found myself in after such a lengthy pilgrimage of my own.

Among many of the books once housed in my library was a poem that more eloquently expresses the spirit of a Ranger than I feel capable of sharing with you all. Please indulge me as I leave you with that insight...

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring...

The Fellowship of the Ring: "Strider," p. 182

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grey has expressed some interest in the event preparation & decoration arenas (plus, she pretty much has all the craftsmen of Golden hooked by her little finger) so all of you who have upcoming events may consider contracting a Ranger.

Grey, the Ranger Code gives you the blessings to conduct Spiritwood Union (marriage) ceremonies, doesn't it? Kinda like a captain on a ship?

Grey Holland

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Brytt, I am vested with those rights and abilities as a Ranger from Spiritwood.

And I do love planning and organizing events from the quiet romantic dinner for newlyweds... or their wedding before hand.

By the way, I do have a lovely heirloom wedding band that I am hoping to pass on to a loving couple...if anyone should know of one.