• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

weird idea good or bad

K

ken01

Ok if I remember right any account nomatter how old can be reactivated and any chars past 400 or so skill points will still be there. So the next time devs dont have time for an original gift idea. (ex past Xmas) They take the oldest inactive accounts upgrade them to samurair or mondains and add 30-60 days free play and give one each to every person with an active account. You could keep or transfer as a buddie account. It would be like a grab bag.I am guessing most or all of these accounts would be ten years old and and manymight not even have a char on it. It would be total luck of the draw. We could see how we were really equiped in those early days . We could even hold tourneys fighting with that original equipment.It might upset the rares market tho I really doubt that many rares would be in the bankboxes or packs and few had any seriouse gold then 100 thou was rich .So is it a good bad or just plain stupid idea.. But there must be hundreds of thousands of accounts never played since 2nd or 3rd year.

G

So...what would happen to the person who, say, remembers how fun the game was back in '00 or '01, finds their old account info, only to find that the account was given away to somebody and they can't access it. That would suck.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Arrrr, they should make a museum of ancient characters!

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout in some future event, an underground Orc City is discovered... compete with a bank, inns, and... a zoo... filled with *gasp* HUMANS!

Put all the retired chars/banned account chars in there.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, that do be soundin' like a "Planet of the Apes" movie!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Arrrr, that do be soundin' like a "Planet of the Apes" movie!

[/ QUOTE ]

*slaps forehead* My idea has Orcs, Planet of the Apes... has APES!!! TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!

Hmmm..... Planet of the Orcs... that is a good working title though...

*dips quill pen into the inkwell and begins writing madly*

K

ken01

I have seen a number of people come back after 5years .I dont remember ever seeing anyone come back who had quit way back in 2000 or before . If you look at how many people play today and used the oldest close accounts the 97 -98 accounts would prob cover it I doubt anyone who hadnt played since then is going to return.

G

*thumbs down*

1. I don't want other people's accounts to make up for shoddy dev work.

2. I wouldn't want that to happen to me.

3. It just reeks of selfishness.

K

ken01

In Flames your first 2 reasons are fine and valid.Number 3 Well you dont know me thats the last thing id be called I dont hardly ever even sell crap if I have extra of anything someone neeeds I usually will give it too them.I just liked the grab bag idea of it and the idea of maybe doing some tournys with chars equiped exactly as in the old days.