• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Weird backpack issue

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak

I've run afoul of a most annoying bug...

My backpack, on only one character, has decided that it will no longer show an item count or weight. It has also decided that it is empty, when I know it isn't. It will display as empty until I switch to list view, then the items return - but in an even more bugged manner. If I remove anything from my pack, or try to move it, it will leave a duplicate behind (a graphic only, not a real item) that may or may not disappear after a few moments.

This is NOT a profile issue, as I've renamed the current one and started from scratch, yet the issue persisted. I've also tried it on another PC where no previous profile existed and the same problem is present. (relaunching the client and rebooting have absolutely no effect)

My backpack displays everything normally in the CC.

Has my actual backpack become bugged?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak

I've run afoul of a most annoying bug...

My backpack, on only one character, has decided that it will no longer show an item count or weight. It has also decided that it is empty, when I know it isn't. It will display as empty until I switch to list view, then the items return - but in an even more bugged manner. If I remove anything from my pack, or try to move it, it will leave a duplicate behind (a graphic only, not a real item) that may or may not disappear after a few moments.

This is NOT a profile issue, as I've renamed the current one and started from scratch, yet the issue persisted. I've also tried it on another PC where no previous profile existed and the same problem is present. (relaunching the client and rebooting have absolutely no effect)

My backpack displays everything normally in the CC.

Has my actual backpack become bugged?
this seems caused by a single item... the debug window may throw a clue, otherwise you'll have to try to remove item by item until you find which one is. To do that you have to pick up an item and drop it into another container then reload the UI (CTRL + R) and see if the backpack is still bugged. Just don't open the other container if you find the item or everything will crash again. Also try to keep the other container in your bank or house (just to avoid problems).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What was wrong about that rune? it may be useful to know to prevent that in the future :p
I have no idea.. I just did what you suggested and found that the rune was the only thing that my pack did that with...sadly I threw it on threw it on the ground to decay a few hours ago.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco

I figured out what it was on the rune that cause the issue, as I just did it again when making runes for an event. Putting an @ in the rune's description is the culprit!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco

I figured out what it was on the rune that cause the issue, as I just did it again when making runes for an event. Putting an @ in the rune's description is the culprit!
great, this will help to prevent the problem from happening in the future, thanks :)