• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Event Calendar: Wednesday, June 11th, 7pm Pacific Time (8pm MT, 9pm CT, 10pm ET)
We will meet Captain Cameron and investigate reports of troubled waters. Meet at Castle Blackthorn in the Courtyard

Story background from the Sonoma EM Events website:
Calling of the Guard
Posted on June 8, 2014 by EMWillow

Captain Cameron put down the scroll and rubbed his eyes wearily. He had just taken over as Commander of the Kings Guard after the retirement of Amonos. The man had retired with honors and Cameron had some big shoes to fill. He hadn’t even met his guard yet!

Shaking his head he picked up the scroll and read it again. “I don’t think this area has seen anything bigger than a mongbat in years…” he thought. Yet this report sounded serious.

“River Monsters?” he asked aloud to no one. He looked around his new office and wondered what could cause such a thing. It dawned on him that his niece actually fished in that area. He needed to send word home that the area was dangerous. In fact he needed to warn everyone…

“Guard!” he shouted.

In rushed the door guard, nervously saluting quickly and wondering how the new commander was going to treat his subordinates. “Yes sir!” said the guard making sure to make eye contact with his commander.

“I need to quarantine this area,” he said, scratching some numbers onto a scrap of parchment. “Make sure you warn our people to stay clear, in fact, make sure the town criers in our cities are informed I don’t need any civilian deaths on our hands.”

The guard nodded and took the parchment.

Captain Cameron looked at him before letting go of the paper, “And call the guard. I think we are going to need all hands for this one.”

“Yes sir Captain” the guard replied, running out of the room.

Cameron leaned back onto his desk. “It could be disastrous if this isn’t done right.” he thought, “I will need support from a guard I have not yet met. Hopefully I will earn their respect through example.”