• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weaver/Mage/Tamer Question

K

Keno

I'm making a Weaver/Mage/Tamer and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on what skills could suppliment him. So far I'm using:
115 Weaving
110 Magery (GM + Alchemist Bauble)
110 Eval (GM and look for jewels I guess)
80 Meditation (All I have points for when using jewels/talismans/equipment for other points)
110 Taming (Minimum GM + Birds of Britannia. Talisman worth it to save points?)
110 Animal Lore (Again, Birds of Bitannia worth it or jewels after GM?)
110 Veterinary (GM + jewels for rest)

Been using Weaving and I really like it - especially with a good focus so I don't want to drop it.
I don't like using jewels/items, especially for Taming/Lore but it seems the only way unless I drop Eval completely to up them, Vet and Med...
Recommendation anyone?
Other ideas?
Thanks

W

Warrior of Time

Unless you already have spellweaving 115 I see no reason to go over 100. Can't use things like nature's fury because it takes up followers that would be better used for the pet.
I can't see useing the magery for damage. It is better to use it to heal from a distance or invis. I think that no eval would free up more points. You may want to get focus since Spellweaving works with it.
If I remember right arcane empowerment don't work on a reg pet. Only summoned ones.

That leaves you with only 2 uses as I see it. Ethereal voyage, (for tameing things like the greater dragon) Also Gift of life. I am not sure it will work long enough to help the pet. It should help you though.

Ethereal voyage will work. I have used it quite a bit. Since that to me is the only use, I stone the focus and spellweaving. Then use Music, and Peace. That is just me though.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My own template:
90 taming + 20 in jewels = 110
110 lore
100 vet
110 magery
100 EI
100 med
100 spellweaving
20 focus (helps with running to champs without resting. I really need some stamina regeneration on my suit)

My weaving stays at 100, and here is why:
-Since I'm usually healing everyone's pets against high end fights, I never have mana for more than one word of death
-If there is time for more offensive spells, 5 minutes of casting fireball > 2 or 3 words of death
-The occasional failure of wildfire isn't very serious (best spell ever against Travesty)
-Word of Death at 100 skill does 300 damage. Word of Death at 120 skill does... 300 damage.

After that's taken into consideration, I use weaving as much as I use magery (except for greater heal). There are a lot of extremely useful weaving spells at all levels.

Anyway, I wouldn't change the original template at all unless you found a magical way of adding more meditation. If you're like me and heal everyone and everything in a fight, then mana will be an issue. If you're the All-kill-wait type, then less meditation is perfect.

With my 100 med and 8 MR, I rarely have more than 20% mana.