• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weather

K

Karma Sutra

I have a question about the weather in WOW.

My favorite character to play is a rogue. I'm still new enough that starting over isn't gonna matter. Here's my question:

Right now, my rogue is a human, but I would prefer to have a gnome rogue, but I know that when you create a gnome, you end up in snow. So... if I do this... will my rogue always be in snow? Or as you get higher levels and move to other cities, does it change (will I ever be in a nice colorful forest, etc)? Or am I stuck with a human? (I like the short chars).

E

Eldorian

The snow area is just the starting out area for dwarves and gnomes. Once you hit some higher levels you'll start moving on to other zones. Around level 14 you should hit Loch Modan which is a forest area.

K

Karma Sutra

Eldorian, thank you so much!!! Now I know what to do!

** off to make a dwarf rogue **

G

Or you could just take the tram over to Stormwind from Ironforge and level up in the human area with your gnome rogue. It levels just the same.

D

Dikz

Every zone has an other climat then another, for instance, Barrens is a hot desert, for which Ashenvale, right next to it, is a sparkling, wet forest.

G

GrizzleyAdams

I have a question about the weather in WOW.

My favorite character to play is a rogue. I'm still new enough that starting over isn't gonna matter. Here's my question:

Right now, my rogue is a human, but I would prefer to have a gnome rogue, but I know that when you create a gnome, you end up in snow. So... if I do this... will my rogue always be in snow? Or as you get higher levels and move to other cities, does it change (will I ever be in a nice colorful forest, etc)? Or am I stuck with a human? (I like the short chars).
You can level in any starting area you want. Just walk to whichever starter area you prefer. However, some areas will be missing the class trainer for certain classes.