• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weapons with both a Slayer and Hit Fire Damage

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I have reached a point in my suit build where I no longer need SSI... So I was researching the best hit damage to add to new weapons...

I came across some 2015 threads where it was identified that if the area effect triggrres(let's say hit fire area) then the Slayer damage would not trigger...

Does anyone know if that is/was true .. and if still the case... For baddies like lich Lord's and rotting corpses... Slayer is soooo much more important than area...

Thanks for reading

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I have reached a point in my suit build where I no longer need SSI... So I was researching the best hit damage to add to new weapons...

I came across some 2015 threads where it was identified that if the area effect triggrres(let's say hit fire area) then the Slayer damage would not trigger...

Does anyone know if that is/was true .. and if still the case... For baddies like lich Lord's and rotting corpses... Slayer is soooo much more important than area...

Thanks for reading

Pretty sure it was hit spells that dropped the slayer damage. So Hit Area + Slayer is OK.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have hit fire area on my demon slayer axe which I use to solo Dark Fathers, it does not take the slayer bonus away. I can confirm this in one way because I was soloing a DF while thinking how long it was taking. Looked at my axe which was my non slayer hit fire area axe. So switched to my demon slayer hit fire area axe and was doing much more damage every hit. Quit using hit effect (lightning etc.) years ago when the bug was in effect and have no idea if they resolved the issue with them.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mob which you are bashing should take slayer damages, but the mobs hit by fire area effect don’t take slayer damage.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Right, and I've seen the dates on the posts but would also like to add that the damage from the hit area seems to scale with the damage of the hit that proc'd the effect.

I dont have any math to quote and prove it, mind you, but it doesn't seem to be a fixed amount of damage as the other hit spells. Again that's just from my own experience--testing different types of bows as slayers for champ spawns.

I was leaning pretty heavily towards going all yumi's til I noticed how hard the hit area was going off when triggered by an AI from a lesser slayer composite during the last wave of a Rikki. I took some screenshots for comparison, but trust me... dayum!!

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what i've noticed, the Slayer on a wep doesn't affect the damage of Hit Area, but the Slayer on a Talisman does.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you use Hit Fire Area on a Demon slayer? Should be Hit Cold Area or Energy, shouldnt it?

Last edited: