• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We need

S

ShadowJack

guides for stealing in fel and on SP and more info for trammel for the new thieves.

I'm not talking about faq, just tactics and what you do to be successful

S

Sweeney

I agree. The few times I have hung out with my brothers in Luna bank I have learned 10x as much as I have from FAQs.

I shall offer the first tip, tho it was not my discovery: Arms lore can target a victim's item before the steal.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a FAQ?

There's really only one piece of advice on how to "play a thief": Try and think like them. They see the same stuff you do, they're reading the same stuff on the boards you are, they know where the usual people hang out and don't hang out depending on what they want to do.

Figure out what they're thinking before they do, get into position and take whatever you want.

I never believed in the whole "stealing is just luck" thing. Make your own luck.

:scholar:

S

ShadowJack

yeah, not a faq

I mean like what YOU do to be successful, little tricks like the line of sight breaking, where to find marks, what gear you wear

I want to teach people how to be thieves from the successful ones

a faq is locked, a post will allow other people to post good ideas and to ask questions

a faq on thief proofing your guild, pack, and house is probably needed too

it doesn't matter, people get lazy and we'll still have marks.