• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed We have a winner!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was not easy.

There were many fantastic entries. If I had my way, I’d combine them all into a massive, multi-level tower reaching above the clouds of Siege, towards the moons that power and guide our moongates

The finalists were:

.Miss Echo
Larisa
Sara Dale
Tanager
Drakelord
with honorable mention to Sargatanza, for a truly inventive design.

But, this is Siege, and only one valiant architect could be left standing, PK’ing all the opposition with a pointy pair of compasses, lethal whacks from a set-square, and a rez-kill with a stainless steel ruler!

So, without further ado, let me announce that the great and glorious Mesanna has chosen the winner, and decreed that the Legendary Architect who won the “Redesign the EM Hall Contest” is –

*drumroll*

*another drumroll*

*further ado, and yet another drumroll*

*even more drumrolls*

Sara Dale, Legendary Architect!

Well done Sara! Work will begin on transforming the EM Hall into your fabulous design shortly!

And thank you to everyone who entered – the time, the effort, and the creativity you all put into your houses was incredible!

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOooohoo Congrats Sara!!

Now post pictures of all the entries, I would love to see them..the ones that weren't posted here.

Thanks!

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Sadly, there is one thing that an EM's powers do not work on, and that is the effect of nature on an internet connection.
Immediately after posting the winner, a massive storm knocked a tree onto the main telephone exchange near where I live. Right now, my only connection is my phone, and I can't play UO on that - so I can't get any pictures. Hopefully someone will be out to repair whatever that dread reaper demolished sometime today.

What I can do is give you the co-ordinates and the shard details, so you can go and have a look yourself. Afraid they're EC-format, but it's all I can do right now.

Character Shard Location
Miss Echo Siege Malas (1639, 122)
Larisa Siege Fel (2038, 2311)
Sara Dale TC1 Fel (760, 1866)
Tanager TC1 Malas (839, 946)
Drakelord TC1 Malas (1161, 433)
Sargatanza TC1 Malas (1452, 1318)

Again, sorry about that, but someone casting Thunderstorm and summoning a reaper in RL is a bit beyond my remit.

If repairs haven't been done by the weekend, I'll try to get connected via a laptop somewhere else - I do have a backup plan or three in mind. So the event will (most likely) go on. My laptop sucks for playing UO, but that's my problem, not yours.! I'm just telling you so that you understand why I might be rather slow to respond during the weekend's event!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Immediately after posting the winner, a massive storm knocked a tree onto the main telephone exchange near where I live.
It was actually a Soulless Minion. Admit it, one managed to escape from your evil toolbox and sought revenge for the deaths of its brethren by attacking the source of your EM power - the internet!

Really tho, having been reduced to trying to playing UO on my old laptop as backup someplace other than home is a scenario I know all too well. Hopefully everything is back up and running before the event on Saturday. If not, I'm sure Siege can adapt :p

*slips @EM Kincaid 'something nice' for the UO withdrawal symptoms*

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
EM Kincaid, coming to you across the internet from phone land. There are currently 4 workmen gathered around the exchange. One of them seems to be doing something useful, two of them are standing around looking at him, and the fourth one just got back from the shops with a bag full of cans of some sort. That looks suspiciously like beer, but it's hard to tell at this distance.

Anyway, you wanted some pictures. Thankfully, I had some lying around from when I first visited the competition entries!

Drakelord's snowy spot

Tanager's Hall

Sargatanza's Skylight

Sara Dale's winning entry!

Miss Echo's Icy Hall

And Larisa's Swampy Extravaganza!

Now, I was going to go and stare at those workmen until they actually lived up to their name, but I see they're packing up to go home. Whatever happened to taking pride in your work?!?

Thanks again to all the entrants!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What sort of things are we looking for to decorate and add coolness to the EM building?

All the entries were awesome.

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
A good question. My internet woes seem to be behind me - I hope - so hopefully I can meet up with Sara Dale sometime soon.
As she is the designer and the winner of the contest, I feel she should have the first chance to provide decorations.

Once she's done that, I will take a look at what is needed, although I can see some of the higher-end items will need to come from Mesanna - e.g. a permanent teleporter to the Black Watch Barracks and Bullring, a stable hand, etc. If someone has any spare tele tiles from an idoc that they absolutely do not need, that would be fantastic - but I don't want you good folks (or the villains of Siege!) paying for things that I can beg, borrow or steal, or donating things that you could really use yourselves.( Steal? Who said that? There are no thieves on Siege! ).

Of course, if any of you have deco ideas that might add to the design, post them here. The Legendary Architect has first right of refusal. :devil:

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm pretty sure I have all the things in there that I want. You just have to write in the books about the items and then seal them with the leaves I left.. It was fun to do. :heart:

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
After a blind man with an unusually keen sense of style suggested that I decorate the hall with city banners, word seems to have got around, and several kind people have left some in my mailbox.
Thank you to Sara Dale, Blind Otto, Becca, Tanager, Nonel Topd, and Sam!
I am still looking for banners for Trinsic, Vesper and Britain, if anyone has spares. If not, do not worry - King Blackthorn has been surreptitiously contributing to your town coffers - fairly and equally, I might add - so my loyalty ratings in the towns is high enough. I just have to wait a week between purchases! Never let it be said that the crown coffers were only for the taking of taxes!

*throws coins in the air from high above, while wing-walking on a dragon*

*edit* I now have Britain, thanks to Magichands!
Vesper and Trinsic to go!

Last edited: