• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Water Tile

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got this some time ago. It's been priced by some at 1-2bil to the right collector, with others saying that there's no way to price it (stating that it is the type of rare that is likely to be a unique now). I've verified with staff that is legal to possess now, though it was not considered legal at one point in time. It weighs 255 stones, cannot be removed from the box, and when you attempt to fish from it, it says that the fish don't appear to be biting. I know that it can no longer be obtained, and many were removed from the game long ago. This is the only one I've seen in my years in UO, and many older vets say they haven't seen any in a very long time.

Just a quick price check, please.

View attachment 10924
View attachment 10925
View attachment 10926

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spoke directly with a high-ranking staff member, who I'll not name without permission, and they said that they will not be deleted nor will you be banned if you are found to be in possession of one.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I've fired off some messages to the person I spoke with asking for clarification, and maybe a post here to confirm either way. We last discussed it sometime around August, if I remember correctly. I believe the reasoning for it no longer being bannable was that it is no longer fishable. When I got it, I tested it on a boat, on various facets, and from my home. I always received the message that the fish don't appear to be biting. I approached this member of staff, completely willing to turn the item over for deletion if it was against the rules to possess, and they said that it isn't.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I want some serious proof about this, I acquired a schwack load of these during the mass idoc day earlier this year and if they are legal than OK.

BUT

I was told, and not that long ago, that people who have these locked down in their houses will still be banned on spot. I would love to fish from my house!

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said previously, mine doesn't seem to work, and that may be why I was told that it was OK. If you have some that are fishable, I'd say you're in a different boat (pardon the pun).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just for clarification... staff with UO? or staff with Stratics? I would imagine UO but wanted to clear it up :)

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am going to try each one shortly, ill report back maybe something has changed within recent publishes.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just confirmed with my own. It does not work in the following places:
Tram/Fel Land
Tram/Fel Shallow Water
Tram/Fel Deep Water
Malas
Ter Mur
Tokuno Land
Tokuno Shallow Water
Tokuno Deep Water

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure who priced it at 1-2 billion but its worth 25 mil or less IMO

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, just finished speaking with Mesanna (my source):

MadMartyr
There certainly appears to be some confusion, if what you told me earlier this year is true. Users are reporting that they were banned as little as six months ago for possessing a water tile.​
Mesanna
well considering it can be fished in its illegal​
as far as having it​
nothing will be done​
umm​
I doubt they were banned​
and if they were banned for that I would unban them​
or do my best to get them unbanned​

MadMartyr
It can't be fished from. I always get the message that the fish don't seem to be biting.​
In the thread, I documented where I've tried.​
Mesanna
how much does it weigh​
MadMartyr
255 stones.​
Mesanna
so here is the story then​
MadMartyr
Yellow item, no properties, immovable from the container it's in.​
Mesanna
if it can't be fished from​
right no one should have been banned​
but once you break that crate​
its there​
GM's will only delete it​
not make it light or move it​
but no bannings for it​
been in the game way to long for that​
MadMartyr
OK. Can I throw your name in as source, then?​
Mesanna
sure​

So, there you have it.

Last edited:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just checked mine, all can be fished from.

But looking at your most recent post MadMartyr, yours is stuck in a bag?... Mine are not, all are able to be picked up and locked down within a house. Once locked down they can be targeted with a fishing pole and can be fished from.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
If you are looking to sell, Set it up as an auction.

I am in for Manticore's 25 mil

;)

Probably more

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either way: It's not "legal" to own. While you wont be banned, it will be deleted, thus it should not be allowed to be sold on this forum IMO.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Crabs? Can you catch crabs if you have the High Seas Expansion?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The water tiles I have are not for sale, but i do agree with everyone's assessment of value, I would say they are worthless and at some point I am sure Mesanna and the dev team will make them available for deco purposes. (kind of like the grass and sow tiles coming this December)

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either way: It's not "legal" to own. While you wont be banned, it will be deleted, thus it should not be allowed to be sold on this forum IMO.
My understanding from what she said is that it's illegal if it can be fished from. As mine can't, then that doesn't seem to apply.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think it would look great in my items in a box collection

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm honestly not interested in selling it (especially if the value is so low, as I love the item as is), though I would've certainly traded it for one of your Trinsic swamp castles, Nabin. ;)

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My understanding from what she said is that it's illegal if it can be fished from. As mine can't, then that doesn't seem to apply.

She said it would be deleted did she not?

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She said it would be deleted did she not?
She said it's fine as is, but if the box is chopped and it falls to the ground, then it will be deleted as opposed to being moved or made movable.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I believe as the tile is not for sale this thread is done? Is there more pertinent discussion? I also wonder at what Lord Nabin has locked up in boxes...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Then let us all step away and let this thread slip into oblivion. Yer friendly neighborhood Mod will decide what is up. I do believe that what was posted is indeed Mesanna's opinion on this matter. Keep 'em under wraps...

T

Tazar

Just curious... on the illegal ones that allow fishing... Is it deep water? Can you throw a net in it? What would you do with a Scalis in your house? *evil grin*

I also confirmed with Mesanna and yes - they appear to be legal if you can not fish from it. If you can fish from it then it is illegal. If someone has been banned for it - please send me a PM (No account info - etc - just Stratics name) and I will try to get you in touch with Mesanna about possibly removing the ban.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i got around 25 mil for mine when i sold it at the beginning of this year, of course i was under the impression it was highly illegal and bannable so i had to be careful who i sold it to that they wouldnt page on me...