• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Was Tryon of Imanewbie fame Psychic?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
http://imanewbie.com/imatoons/ima126.shtml

Nostalgia caught up to me, with the resurrection of Imanewbie does Britannia being a topic of discussion here on Stratics I had to go flip through the episodes. I remember eagerly awaiting new episodes years ago. While doing so something caught my eye.

Episode 126 of Imanewbie does Britannia listed the top 10 most wanted Vet Rewards. This was obviously done years ago well before AoS was released... Lets see how well Tryon predicted things we'd have today.

The top ten came out as follows.

1. Ridable Dragons
  2. GM Training Dummies
  3. Ingot Dye Tubs
  4. Ancient Pack Wyrm
  5. Personal ATM
  6. New Statue Choices (GM, Lord British, Player)
  7. House Paint
  8. House Boats
  9. Marble Patio Makeover
  10. Sex Change Deed

And here are the results!

Ridable Dragons - Well Swamp Dragons though not the same...

GM Training Dummies - I still want one of these!

Ingot Dye Tubs - Not quite but with Plant Dyes and Tokuno Dyes we're getting there best yet though these are not Vet Rewards!

Ancient Pack Wyrm - Not even close.

Personal ATM - Bag of Sending helps, So we're half way there!

New Statue Choices - While GM and Lord British aren't on the list Character Statue Makers hit, not to mention additional statues of mobiles.

House Paint - Customizable Housing, it's not Paint but it allows some uniqueness.

House Boat - Nope not even close though it would be cool.

Marble Patio Makeover - Creativity with custom housing allows this!

Sex Change Deed - Not a Vet reward but we have Gender Change Tokens.

What type of things from UO themed Comics would you like to see introduced? Not necessarily as Vet Rewards but just in general. And feel free to discuss the post as well.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I choked a little bit on my Pepsi when I read "or even better, a lot of veteran players have fairly inflated egos about their long time characters so how about a statue of a players very own character, dressed in his/her favorite outfit?"

hahah, kinda like the more "decked out" a players house is in luna, the odds are they have more statues of themselves than anyone else =p

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nexus;1756075[B said:
GM Training Dummies[/B] - I still want one of these!
You must have missed all those people in Luna using their GM Training Dummies (errrr Golems). :)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets see how well Tryon predicted things we'd have today.
He didn't try to predict future rewards, he made jokes about player suggestions.
ImaNewbie said:
Reading through the boards this week I see people are still not satisfied with the list of veteran player awards that OSI has come up with. Well, here is my Top Ten Suggestions. Some of these I have already seen suggested, some are new, but there should be something to please just about everybody here. Enjoy!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
He didn't try to predict future rewards, he made jokes about player suggestions.
He may not have been trying to predict the future but it is still interesting to see what players were interested in almost a decade ago that we either have gotten something similar or exactly like it, or see how players tastes have changed. As a topic for reflection and thought that was a somewhat interesting episode he did.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or he believed he would be stoned for possessing demonic psychic abilities, so he cleverly hid them within jokes. Very clever Tyron, but we are on to you now!!!!!! :)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone really should post that comic strip link as a sticky. It is almost timeless as many of the jokes are still relevant today.

-Lorax