• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Was there a un-anounced St Patricks day event???

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just saying i was hoping for one but saw no news all day....whats gives with the secret service??

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Town crier had info and it was right out side Luna stables.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe...but it would have took 15 seconds to post!!!! by OUR EM ....either here on europa stratics em board OR on our own europa event board....15 seconds!!! its a small ask.....events are supposed to be about the community....jesus....

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then again i guess any player nevermind the EM could have posted info here too if they had heard of this town crier news!!!....would have took 15 seconds of there time and may have attracted double the attendance....great!!!.....nevermind...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you mate. I only noticed when I went to get a pet from the stables and saw all the people. That em website is a joke. Not been updated since last year!!!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then again i guess any player nevermind the EM could have posted info here too if they had heard of this town crier news!!!....would have took 15 seconds of there time and may have attracted double the attendance....great!!!.....nevermind...
it was on facebook. if you saw, thats where all events will be announced now.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so facebook is the gateway to UO Events......wowza...im done with them....guess thats one less player u wont have to compete with.....happy days for ya facebookers.....thats like 1% more chance for the facebook crew......sad days....

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
so facebook is the gateway to UO Events......wowza...im done with them....guess thats one less player u wont have to compete with.....happy days for ya facebookers.....thats like 1% more chance for the facebook crew......sad days....
Done with them? THP why not just come and have fun with us and stop being so damn angry all the time. I have noticed a lot of your posts are angry and frustrated. Take a break. Take some deep breaths. Maybe do a shot or make yourself a tequila. it's all good man. The EMs have their uoem.net pages they can post on to give you a heads up about the events. Also, facebook doesn't take anything but a bookmark in your favorites folder. If your EM isn't doing those things maybe just ask him/her for a minute of their time and request/suggest it. I know that I personally appreciate getting notice of when the events re going to be, it helps me set up dinner, or juggle other real life things that I enjoy. It's ok to have a healthy relationship with your EM. Dont just post "i am done with them" and "sad days" it doesn't have to be! The EMs were put into these poistions because of their ability to comuncate well with players it is our opportunity to be a part of the program in ways that we appreciate being able to find out when and where events take place in an easy to find way. I personally suggest using their uoem page (i have them all bookmarked and in a folder labled "em stuff" on my desktop. Then I have a post-it note type program that has the list of events for the week. I'm not a hard core event goer. This is my playstyle though and I do enjoy it if I am aware of when and where the events start so I don't miss anything. If EM Emile is posting regular, up to date information, who cares where it's located as long as you can bookmark it and post it again.
Goodnight THP

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive asked said he/shes only gonna use facebook from now....crazy..as that is non communication

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And as for using the Ems uoem page there is nothing on there either I too do not use Facebook so I know where he is coming from I check here regularly but Facebook I couldn't care less about

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the uoem page hadn't been updated since November when I looked last week.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Facebook... but..

WHEN the EMS started using it.more i created ANOTHER.

Yes that's right my main char now has his own. Lol. So i can like and or friend UO pages thus getting information on my alter egos FB page.

Even if you don't have or use FB its free and you can make a THP profile.. And add people like me and flutter and EMS and UO etc.

Get an app for FB on ur phone or log in on ur computer. Don't be anti new like so many. We as a community sometimes have to adapt. Adapt and overcome.

Do i still miss events... Hell yeah but thats my own issue of not asking or taking the time to take a few mins and check out the information.. The information that we all have access too.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I made a FB account just to follow the EM pages and everything UO.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Game is old but it doesn't mean it should use old methods of advertising. I think FB page is a good choice (and i say it as someone who hate FB and won't use it).

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Facebook... but..

WHEN the EMS started using it.more i created ANOTHER.

Yes that's right my main char now has his own. Lol. So i can like and or friend UO pages thus getting information on my alter egos FB page.

Even if you don't have or use FB its free and you can make a THP profile.. And add people like me and flutter and EMS and UO etc.

Get an app for FB on ur phone or log in on ur computer. Don't be anti new like so many. We as a community sometimes have to adapt. Adapt and overcome.

Do i still miss events... Hell yeah but thats my own issue of not asking or taking the time to take a few mins and check out the information.. The information that we all have access too.
While its logical, and ill probably do the same, technically this is against facebooks terms of service and the account risks deletion.

Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
  1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
  2. You will not create more than one personal account.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes ... but. If you look up my real name... Then my alter ego name on Google. My alter ego had way more hits .. Going way back. So who is real.. Me or Azmodan... Plus Azmodan has his own name .com... Maybe Azmodan Beguile is really me... Maybe Facebook should get rid of my real name for lack of backup.... When my gamer name is more prevalent. ;)

Hell even some people i know in real life call me by my online name other then my real at what point do you leave ur real name behind? Heheh