• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warrior Samauri template question

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am changing my warrior templat to:

115 Fencing
115 Tactics
110 Healing
110 anatomy
100 Parry
85 Bushido
85 Chivalry

My question is how high do i need these skills to optimize the benefits of bushido without weakening my character? For instance is there a significant difference between 115 fencing and 110 that would be noticable or is there a big difference between 100 parry or 90 parry for the benefit of perfection?

If anyone has alternate template suggestions, that would be appreciated.

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know much about Bushido, I might put it on my paladin char just to try it out. I think I made a Samarai character a long time ago when SE came out. It didn't really do much for me but I was still at a low level also. But if it was me, I would totally trade out Bushido for 85 Bank-Sitting. Or 85 Vendor Shopping. Lol.

My fourth character I used to have on my old acct., his was the most screwed up template I had ever seen.... lol. Grim Kedar: Archery, Necro, Spirit Speak, Taming, Lore, Vet (he could rez pets which was nice), Magery, Tactics. I wanted to try out Necromancy plus I always wanted an archer and a tamer. I never did have a decent tamer, I still can't bring myself to do it. My gf is training up taming, so I will let her have fun with that.

I've pretty much worked out my templates on all my characters, the first three are pretty much the same as was my other three, with a few changes and my fourth character making up for crowded templates. I wanted a high fisherman and was training Bowcraft/Fletching after Mondain's Legacy came out, but dang my templates got crowded. Crafting wise I'm goin a different route, now with Arms Lore I am forced to. Lol.

My mage will be more of a mage, taking away GM Cooking and whatever I had in fishing. Thinking about putting Necromancy on him or Spellweaving, which I don't know much about. I don't really know anything about Mysticism yet. My smith, taking GM Lumberjacking and Bowcraft/Fletching I had on him away. Putting GM Arms Lore on him and having a bit more warrior skills than he did.

So this is creating a very interesting template for my fourth character now.

120 Tailoring
100 Lumberjacking
100 Bowcraft/Fletching
100 Cooking
100 Fishing?
180 - Archery, Tactics, Chiv to recall and deal with annoying spawn

The only problem with this is fighting sea monsters and the like is gonna suck. I never made it that far on Fishing though, so maybe I will alter it later. I'm not too big on tailoring, so might sacrifice that for more warrior skills but make it to where I can nab decent Bods.

Paul Harvey

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First to clarify Parry has nothing to do with perfection. Perfection is based off Bushido skill lvl and using honor. Read up on that on stratics skill's section.
Parry with bushido gives you a chance to parry with a melee weapon, if using a shield while having parry and bushido will actually give really low bonuses to parry.
Now on to your template. . . 120 fencing is almost required. At least 100 bushido. You can actually drop chiv to 71 and still get off enemy of one, can drop both tactics and anatomy to 100.
I personally run a Sampire template and do rather well and really like it. My stats/template are
str-103
dex-132
int-56

anat-100
bushido-120
chiv-71
fencing-120
healing-100
necro-99.7 (rasing to 100)
tact-100
Hope that helps you out, any questions post up or you can pm me