• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Warning: Things you should know before using the SA Beta Client

T

TheGrayGhost

Char Creation Bug: When making a char currently in Stygian Abyss selecting Human gives you an Elven Char and selecting Elven gives you a Human char. Fixed!

Giant Beetle Crash: If you try and mount a giant beetle with it's pack open it will Crash the client.

Alt/Ctrl key's in macro's: Currently there are issues with Ctrl and Alt when assigning them to macro's. This is something the devs are working on but currently you would be better off not using them.

Profile deletion bug: The specifics of this are unkown to me, but it seems opening your profile in SA may cause it to delete when switching clients for some users. If anyone has specifics please post them.

If you know of any other issues like this, please post them here so there is atleast some prior warning to others so they do not suffer as well.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The SA client might not recognize black faction guard horses. In other words, they may go "poof" without warning when you dismount from them or take them out of the stable.

If you need to release a pet, try to make sure it is the only pet you have out of the stable. If that is not possible, rename the pet to be released with a one-word name and then use the '[pet name here] release" command to actually release it. You can also release pets through the context menu that comes up by clicking their bar or on the pet itself in the game window; however, there have been problems in the past with using the context menu and releasing the wrong pet if you had more than one pet out of the stable.

I've tested recently using the context menu to release pets with more than one out of the stable at the time, and the problem seems to have been fixed. However, you may want to use one of the above methods for now if you want to be very sure not to release a valuable pet.

Tooltip information shown in the SA client is not "dynamic." In other words, if you have the tooltip information for an item on screen as you are making a change to the item (e.g., insuring it, securing or locking it down), you will NOT see the tooltip information displayed on the screen change. You will have to mouse over the item once again in order to see the updated tooltip information. It is a very good practice when using the SA client to ALWAYS double-check the tooltip information to make sure something you wanted to insure IS insured, or something you wanted to lock down IS locked down.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds like a pretty nasty bug Tina. Did you bug-report it?
Haven't tested the black faction guard horse situation myself; am only going by a post on the Tamer's forum. However, I have mentioned that post somewhere else that it will hopefully get someone else's attention.

The pet releasing situation seems to not be the problem in SA that it was (may still be?) in KR.

I don't think the way tooltip information is updated is a bug per se. It's just something you need to get used to. Would just hate to see someone lose anything because they're used to how the 2d client's tooltips work vs. those in the SA client.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's a fix, it should happen in both clients and you'd think the devs would have the common sense to list it in the patch notes. And I didn't make my post for the purpose of causing an argument over whether or not they are legal to own. Just wanted to give people a heads-up they might lose one of these horses if they use it in the SA client.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The healthbars are buggy. Sometimes I click on a friend to party, and it requests the other person on the screen to party. Sometimes I click to remove a player from the party and it removes the wrong person. So... seems if the healthbars are buggy, then the petbars are too, therefore releasing wrong pet.
KR does this with healthbars too, but I've never tried with petbars.

F

Fink

If it's a fix, it should happen in both clients and you'd think the devs would have the common sense to list it in the patch notes. And I didn't make my post for the purpose of causing an argument over whether or not they are legal to own. Just wanted to give people a heads-up they might lose one of these horses if they use it in the SA client.
No worries, no harm intended. I wasn't arguing, just speculating. We can't very well argue a point in the absence of fact.

J

JPDefault

Just a minor issue, but when you try to delete a character that is less than a week old, nothing happens (a window should warn you that the character can't be deleted yet).

F

Fingers of Cats

I have an issue with EC, both on my laptop AND on my desktop... certain items do not show in the backpack or paperdoll slots. I.e. Deamon Bone armor... does not show up, rune books, things like that!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an issue with EC, both on my laptop AND on my desktop... certain items do not show in the backpack or paperdoll slots. I.e. Deamon Bone armor... does not show up, rune books, things like that!
I crafted a good amount of barbed leather armor today. None of the sleeves would show in the backpack slots. All the other pieces display fine. Sometime they were represented by a barbed leather colored green square other times no pic at all. Always though the properties would display while hovering over the empty looking slot.

J

[JD]

Arms and hands vanish in my pack too and have no icon. Makes it a real pain when trying to re-equip items after death. Only closing and reopening the client will fix it, but it's not a sure fix either. Sometimes the problem persists.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this thread still needed? Aren't these in the "current bugs" thread also?

And does it really need to be stickied?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
good point it can now drift into oblivion