• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[WARNING] - Ter Mur Style Dresser.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This beast, masquerading as an item of furniture, has the voracious appetite of a nanny goat and will potentially consume any goods placed inside it.

ie. Don't use it for storage folks, it eats stuff.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Petra, been a problem since Beta, and hit several folks here on Stratics.

Odd that EA Japan seem to have tried to warn customers of it though, whilst EA US seem unable to even add a warning to that fancy login screen HTML they created, if I remember right, to be able to tell people what was going on.... reported in Beta, mentioned here on Stratics a few times, put in as a bug report be at least one of us since SA release, and known to EA Japan, but apparently EA US "don't know about it" :confused:

Edit - But it seems they noticed this sticky from Petra, since a warning about it was on UO Herald within minutes ;)

J

Jhym

Petra, would it be worth it for you to have a "major bug" sticky that has perhaps the top ten known issues?

Perhaps the main note having the list of known bugs,
then a sub note that has previous bugs and the publish that "fixed" them.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've had bug tracking threads before. They never quite work as intended, partly because people report stuff that aren't bugs at all, they just don't know how things are meant to work - like pack animals not auto logging, partly because of flaming and partly because whoever is supposed to be updating it either forgets, hasn't time or leaves. I'll give the idea some thought.

J

Jhym

Ah, but I'm talking a MOD-generated thread (or ask Chrissay to mod it.)

Don't let people post to it, and have someone responsible for checking the buglist periodically. If there are good threads elsewhere about specific bugs, they can be linked from the post.

The idea is 2 fold: One place for people coming to the forums to see major, known bugs before they post, once again; One place for the devs to have something to check, rather than scanning every "bug" related post.

If Chrissay was really nice, she or Sak could give perhaps the top 10 or 15 bugs they know of that are not exploits that are being looked into.

E

Eyes of Origin

Thank you for the sticky on this.. wish it had come sooner cause I would've saved my stuff from being eaten! lol oh well, it is what it is.. everything is replaceable :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sort of upset, even though I didn't lose anything or use these dressers, that it took such a long time for EA to make a public post about the bug on their herald site. Think about all the people who got screwed, and all the people who don't visit forums like this one. :/

S

Sevin0oo0

I'm just glad Petra told us what EA wouldn't/couldn't. Since Petra posted first, credit should be given where due, like Heard it First on Stratics.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sort of upset, even though I didn't lose anything or use these dressers, that it took such a long time for EA to make a public post about the bug on their herald site. Think about all the people who got screwed, and all the people who don't visit forums like this one. :/
Well if its a bug that peeps lose stuff in em, and as a few posters have said, it was noted in beta, then the question is:

Why the hell were they released on an unsuspecting public in the first place?
Geeez...

E

Eyes of Origin

•Gargish furniture will actually be two lock downs. Players will be able to put items on each side. You will only have to lock down/secure one side for both sides to lock/secure

Thats the only proof you will get from me lol I wont use it .. I finally figured out everything I lost the first time and not happy one bit.. not risking it a second time on anything, even junk.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been fixed with Publish 61 :)
Oh thank god this has been fixed. Its not like speedhacking is running rampant or anything like that. I just laugh when I see a dev respond to crap like this. Its not that a dev shouldnt respond to this crap but the fact of the matter is they all program for a cheat infested game with a horrible reputation. Anything I ever read from a dev is candy coated bs.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I find confusing is that when you say "fixed in Publish 61", it's not exactly known that my shard is actually ON PUBLISH 61. I always have to guess.
Sometimes Origin is on a publish but NOT MY SHARD. I'm supposed to wait for the next server reboot? After 4 yrs, this is still confusing.

Sure, they fixed the garg earrings to be medable, but why do tricorn hats and mempos still twitch even though this is in the publish?? This is the second attempt to fix this very issue.

One thing's for sure.... I WILL NOT BE MAKING any Ter Mur Style Dressers.