• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] WARNING not really rare and ppl try sell over priced

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
And this is not the only "scam" around lately.

I've seen for sale the "2017 Baja Cookbook" for 85m and "The Hissing Cat of House Mirza" for 100m and up.

Really sad how there ALWAYS is someone trying to put a fast one on people...:mad:

SR

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UO has always been a "buyer beware" game from the beginning, research before you buy. Just because it is expensive doesn't mean squat. To the OP thanks for the heads up.
Agreed, but it is still unpalatable to see that someone play & prey on some items that are just unusual enough to not be so frequently present on vendors to be able to make a price comparison on the fly.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you are interested in making a sizable purchase and DON'T spend the time to do a quick vendor search to see if any other same or similar items are for sale and what they are selling for, then that's on you and you probably have too much money anyway. I understand that not all items can be found on vendor search, but you can always search here on Stratics also. Although some sellers and buyers prefer to keep their transactions secret, I tend not to do any business with those.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are interested in making a sizable purchase and DON'T spend the time to do a quick vendor search to see if any other same or similar items are for sale and what they are selling for, then that's on you and you probably have too much money anyway. I understand that not all items can be found on vendor search, but you can always search here on Stratics also.
Couldn't agree more. You should ALWAYS vendor search EVERYTHING before you blindly buy it!

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you are interested in making a sizable purchase and DON'T spend the time to do a quick vendor search to see if any other same or similar items are for sale and what they are selling for, then that's on you and you probably have too much money anyway. I understand that not all items can be found on vendor search, but you can always search here on Stratics also. Although some sellers and buyers prefer to keep their transactions secret, I tend not to do any business with those.
I totally agree on the last part, less on the first, as frequently the ones that fall in this "scams" are new or returning players. On "caveat emptor" as a general principle I agree, on "blame the victims", no.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
And this is not the only "scam" around lately.

I've seen for sale the "2017 Baja Cookbook" for 85m and "The Hissing Cat of House Mirza" for 100m and up.

Really sad how there ALWAYS is someone trying to put a fast one on people...:mad:

SR
Okay I'll bite. What's your issue with the hissing cat? lol

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the Cat himself? Nothing: I LURV Cats!:D
With the price? Sure: that Item goes for a max of 30m...
really the cat is rarer than most of the new EM items. it was an everyone drop, but back then only like 30-40 characters at events. i would never sell mine for 30m.

agree on the other stuff, i tell everyone always feel free to icq me (or any other collector) to get pricechecks. or multiple checks, always good to have more than one opinion.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
really the cat is rarer than most of the new EM items. it was an everyone drop, but back then only like 30-40 characters at events. i would never sell mine for 30m.

agree on the other stuff, i tell everyone always feel free to icq me (or any other collector) to get pricechecks. or multiple checks, always good to have more than one opinion.
Exactly. That thing's like 10 years old. I think the cat is an example of a thing that has a lot of appeal cause so many people love cats. But rares in general aren't getting the prices they once did. You can't just assume you'll get 175 mill for a new EM drop. If I were offered 175 mill for my cat I'd pass. It's worth what someone will pay for it. I payed some crazy prices this week because the items really appealed to me and probably not so much for others. But I had to have it lol. I didn't get ripped off and I'll never lose money on them cause I will never sell them :) If they stamp Legends or Trinsic on something I'm going to be looking at it.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Exactly. That thing's like 10 years old. I think the cat is an example of a thing that has a lot of appeal cause so many people love cats. But rares in general aren't getting the prices they once did. You can't just assume you'll get 175 mill for a new EM drop. If I were offered 175 mill for my cat I'd pass. It's worth what someone will pay for it. I payed some crazy prices this week because the items really appealed to me and probably not so much for others. But I had to have it lol. I didn't get ripped off and I'll never lose money on them cause I will never sell them :) If they stamp Legends or Trinsic on something I'm going to be looking at it.
Clearly everyone has its "hot" item/s for which he is ready to spend without asking the price first. The point remains that a quick research here on Stratics gives the prices at which the Cat was sold in previous instances. Moreover I bought one recently from a known and knowledgeable Rare collector for 30m, and this is the price he named, and it was the higher price in the aforementioned instances.

PS: *he scribbles something on a Cat Statue* - Ehr, I have here the only copy of "A Legendary Cat Statue From Trinsic", interested?:p;)

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Clearly everyone has its "hot" item/s for which he is ready to spend without asking the price first. The point remains that a quick research here on Stratics gives the prices at which the Cat was sold in previous instances. Moreover I bought one recently from a known and knowledgeable Rare collector for 30m, and this is the price he named, and it was the higher price in the aforementioned instances.

PS: *he scribbles something on a Cat Statue* - Ehr, I have here the only copy of "A Legendary Cat Statue From Trinsic", interested?:p;)
Well like 90% of the stuff I saw this week for 175 mill I'd pass on for 20 mill. So it's all a matter of preference. Sometimes for whatever reason you just get a good deal. It happens. What might show up from time to time on ATL you may never ever see on Legends. I tend not to pass on things I really want. I'll call it a premium for getting to live on Legends :) I have a tall free standing mirror with some nonsense written on it I paid 2 mill for. The person just had no interest in it. I was shocked and was waiting to see what the catch was. I see them go for like 125-150 mill. Does that mean everyone is getting ripped of that paid 125 mill? I don't think so. If you get something you really want and your ok with the price then it's a good deal. I have 5 of those cats for my various houses and all. If I see them at like 40 mill I just buy it. I love cats. So the supply is drying up lol. I'm not saying the cats are some 500 mill item but to pretend their worthless or common is ridiculous. So give me a price. How many of these common cats you wanna sell and for how much? I'l line them down the front of my castle lol

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well like 90% of the stuff I saw this week for 175 mill I'd pass on for 20 mill. So it's all a matter of preference. Sometimes for whatever reason you just get a good deal. It happens. What might show up from time to time on ATL you may never ever see on Legends. I tend not to pass on things I really want. I'll call it a premium for getting to live on Legends :) I have a tall free standing mirror with some nonsense written on it I paid 2 mill for. The person just had no interest in it. I was shocked and was waiting to see what the catch was. I see them go for like 125-150 mill. Does that mean everyone is getting ripped of that paid 125 mill? I don't think so. If you get something you really want and your ok with the price then it's a good deal. I have 5 of those cats for my various houses and all. If I see them at like 40 mill I just buy it. I love cats. So the supply is drying up lol. I'm not saying the cats are some 500 mill item but to pretend their worthless or common is ridiculous. So give me a price. How many of these common cats you wanna sell and for how much? I'l line them down the front of my castle lol
Never said it was "common", what I wrote was that pricing it at 100 or 175m was, at best, out of reality, single person collection tastes beside.

And, no, it was only a joke: I'm not selling ANY type of cat, I only buy them, as I'm a fervent practicing CAT-holic too, sorry...:D;)

PS: maybe we can trade some "kitten rised"? I have some double and some that I lack...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Never said it was "common", what I wrote was that pricing it at 100 or 175m was, at best, out of reality, single person collection tastes beside.

And, no, it was only a joke: I'm not selling ANY type of cat, I only buy them, as I'm a fervent practicing CAT-holic too, sorry...:D;)

PS: maybe we can trade some "kitten rised"? I have some double and some that I lack...
I'm a little surprised how the "raised by" kittens have currently disappeared in VS. I know there's a lot of them out there. Just an FYI I have several on my vendors on Legends. I just collect the colors, don't really care who raised them so I'm set. I have the Dom The Cat kitten on Legends which is my favorite. I will say during rares fest I saw 3 Hissing Cats between 40 and 100 mill and they all sold. Cat lovers unite! :)

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm a little surprised how the "raised by" kittens have currently disappeared in VS. I know there's a lot of them out there. Just an FYI I have several on my vendors on Legends. I just collect the colors, don't really care who raised them so I'm set. I have the Dom The Cat kitten on Legends which is my favorite. I will say during rares fest I saw 3 Hissing Cats between 40 and 100 mill and they all sold. Cat lovers unite! :)
No, not anymore. ;)

This beside, what feline-related Rares do exist?

The ones I know of are:

1) Catskill Mesanna-Visit stuff - only 1 of each in existence, so impossible to have without selling BOTH kidneys, plus
1a) the ubiquitous "Thank You Catskills, I Had Fun! Mesanna (got that);
2) A Rescued Clone Of Dom The Cat; Secrets And Mysteries Glimmer In Its Hypnotic, Amber Eyes (got that);
3) A Summoned Familiar (got that);
4) The Hissing Cat Of House Mirza (got that);
5) A Mummified Cat (don't have);
6) Rescued Trilkhun Kitten From The Ruins Of Killorn Keep (don't have);
7) "Kitten Rised By ___";
8) Black Cat Statue (BTW: from where does come this one? EM Item?, Gift?).

Anything more?

PS: Cat Power Forever!!! :cool::D

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
No, not anymore. ;)

This beside, what feline-related Rares do exist?

The ones I know of are:

1) Catskill Mesanna-Visit stuff - only 1 of each in existence, so impossible to have without selling BOTH kidneys, plus
1a) the ubiquitous "Thank You Catskills, I Had Fun! Mesanna (got that);
2) A Rescued Clone Of Dom The Cat; Secrets And Mysteries Glimmer In Its Hypnotic, Amber Eyes (got that);
3) A Summoned Familiar (got that);
4) The Hissing Cat Of House Mirza (got that);
5) A Mummified Cat (don't have);
6) Rescued Trilkhun Kitten From The Ruins Of Killorn Keep (don't have);
7) "Kitten Rised By ___";
8) Black Cat Statue (BTW: from where does come this one? EM Item?, Gift?).

Anything more?

PS: Cat Power Forever!!! :cool::D
Yeah I have the Sakura cat too. What is the fascination with paragon gold cats? lol Appreciate the patronage :) Really debated selling the white one. I think those are too cute. The Dom Cat was a Legends drop so being a Legends lover I was super pumped to get that one. Sent you a PM (or will in a minute). These 2 are my favorites though....

This is the first cat I collected and is a one of a kind. Not for sale.

cat.jpg

Then I collected this one. It came bouncing out of the woods at our cottage so we took it's infested little self to the vet and gave it a home. It prefers a rug in a box over the 15 buck cat bed.

14721493_10208744900633793_1798755406683719130_n.jpg

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I have the Sakura cat too. What is the fascination with paragon gold cats? lol Appreciate the patronage :) Really debated selling the white one. I think those are too cute. The Dom Cat was a Legends drop so being a Legends lover I was super pumped to get that one. Sent you a PM (or will in a minute). These 2 are my favorites though....

This is the first cat I collected and is a one of a kind. Not for sale.

Then I collected this one. It came bouncing out of the woods at our cottage so we took it's infested little self to the vet and gave it a home. It prefers a rug in a box over the 15 buck cat bed.
Wonderful collection!!! :):ten:

And the choice of a cardboard box over an "official" cat-bed, expecially one WITH A DOG IMAGE ON IT, is mandatory in my experience...:D;)

SR

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Since this is a cat thread now, your welcome, I'm trying to decide if my pet rock that makes cat noises is a cat item or not?