• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Warning! Do not access Arirang EM Website

EM Hanarin

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hello, this is EM Hanarin.

I have some report that there's a warning message about the virus when they access my website. I consider this could be serious issue and have confirmed the message so I am announcing this.

I am trying to contact with the hosting service company that this is only my web or entire network. Email was sent and trying to contact via messenger as well. It's weekend so couldn't received any confirm email but I believe they are going to respond me as soon as possible.

Till then, I strongly recommend you to do not access to the Arirang EM Website for your safety of computer. I will let you know as soon as this issue solved.

I apologize for inconvenience you may experience and do my best to recover the website as soon as possible.

Thank you.
EM Hanarin

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I can recommend a server guy if you need. He's inexpensive and very good. [email protected].

EM Hanarin

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I can recommend a server guy if you need. He's inexpensive and very good. [email protected].
Thank you for your concern, Tylor. I think I could handle the issue with the web hosting service provider. But if I need any server guy then I'll contact you. I appreciate your reply again. :)

EM Hanarin

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
UPDATED NEWS

I have been working with hosting provider agent and figured out that this is not entire hosting network issue, only my EM website. Also he mentioned that my website could contained some sort of code that link direct to the virus but in his google chrome doesn't show any warning message so could be chrome misunderstanding particular code which is not virus.

I have been checking up by installing Windows 7 and Google Chrome to check up on my web whole weekend. (I am using Mac) And found that I have no warning message neither. Even so, however, as long as there are some people who had saw the warning message, I need to send a report to the google to figure out why this all happened and if there is any misunderstanding or if there is a virus in my web, I need to find out what it is.

But as my system does not indicate any warning screen, I need a screenshot that indicate my web has contains virus and details about it for report to google. If there is anyone who see the warning screen, would you please send me one so I could contact with Google?

If you see any warning screen, please send a screenshot here.

I will let rest of you when this issue is fixed. I apologize for any inconvenience for this.

But do not worry, I will post event announcement here with details as usual. Keep on eye on town criers and Stratics.

Thank you.

EM Hanarin

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
UPDATED NEWS

Since I posted this issue and have been checking on my website, it appears that google chrome has somehow misunderstood some code in my web. Those who reported me that they saw the warning screen reported again that there's no warning screen now. However, I have to caution for anyone who access my web secure their system and privacy so I have asked hosting provider again to check up the network.

Due to there's no longer warning screen so far, I believe that it is now Okay to access my web now. But if you see any warning screen again, please take a screenshot and send it to me to here.

I apologize for any inconvenience you may had and also appreciate your patient.

Thank you.