• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warning about pets going wild in invaded towns

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey folks,

Tonight there were few folks around so I took the dog show over to Skara with two of my toons. My primary cu Ghost (the bright white one I'm always running around on) was tanking a mage while my more stubborn cu (that dark grey ******* Ayenbite of Inwit) kept changing targets.

Anywho, I have had many tamers and many pets and never, not once, can I remember having a bonded pet go wild on me. I'm very careful to keep them under command ("green").

Well, Ghost went from green to wild in the blink of an eye. I had read a while back about this happening to someone else but thought it was fixed. Not the case apparently. He picked just about the worst place too, a room full of undead and officers.

Thanks to some players I didn't really know (Nebiki and Komodo) we managed to clear the spawn and I re-tamed Ghost and quickly put him back in the stable. Now I'm waiting a week for him to re-bond, I'm afraid to lore him and see what happened to his stats :(

So be careful with those expensive pets in invasions, even if they are showing full loyalty / happiness they can go wild.

Caveat Tamer!

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
happened to me with a lesser hiryu while I was testing it on....wait for it... the undead spawn in deceit!

might have something to do with undead spawn that causes them to go wild maybe? I'm not sure. Others have claimed that it can happen anywhere at anytime and that it seems to be a bug where your pet is somehow drained of happiness within a matter of a minute. *shrugs*

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not the Ghost! I'm glad you got him retamed, even if he took a hit on the stats

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Snoop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Same situation last night at invasion, Wonderfully happy to barking and not following commands Rather happy. I am glad I play with sound otherwise he would have went wild. 120/120 taming lore. No reason but overwhelming spawn . Mine was at Britain Dragons

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This must be a new thing? Cus since the beginning all I see are tamers and dexxors/samps at the invasions and haven't heard of this issue until now.

I was actually going to hop on Siege today and fight back some invasions...guess I'll be bringing a not-so-decent pet just in case..maybe I'll bring Bruce! ;)

Glad you got him re-tamed....we are attached to our lovely pets :)

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Happened to me today. Bonded vollem fighting the titan went wild died and poof. Skara was undead and titan was the swirly

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Have not missed much with the invasion on Siege, the wife is enjoying the events and is playing on Sonoma more and of course, her meat shield has to be there to protect her ♥ ;) I have noticed that when there is undead around the commands for the pets have to be repeated more then once and I've been careful to watch for problems sometimes pulling the pet out when facing over whelming odds

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holler at me later Cal, I've got a pet bond pot if you wanna get Ghost back into the frey.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Appreciate it Garth, but I'm just going to avoid taking any scrolled / rare pets to the invasion for these last couple of weeks. I've got looting rights on two of my three toons and collected a handful of spellbooks so I can just screw around now. Definitely avoiding Skara / undead for sure.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah was fighting in vesper for a bit this morning with no issues...may be it is undead that causes it..I know back in the day the skeletal dragons would un-bond pets...

Who knows....but best to be safe.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was running a trade deal quest and stumbled in to the chaos.. I had no idea what was going on.. but turning in my trade deal was a real pancake. XD