• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warlords of Draenor - Enhancement Shaman Discussion Thread

Syiler

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
So this will be the place to talk about Enhance in WoD and its current state on the Alpha/Beta!

How things are looking so far for the people who haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

So we lost a lot of abilities but so will everyone, these include Earth Shock, Chain Lightning, Water Shield Storm Lash Totem and Healing Tide Totem. Also weapon imbues have been reworked to a passive (currently doesn't seem to work properly) which will do the same thing we just don't need to worry about keeping the imbues active anymore.

The rotation currently feels a little weird with Frost Shock taking over Earth Shock and the 4-5 second down periods seem to be more frequent. There is also a mana issue after about 2 minutes of constant DPS you will run OOM because Primal Wisdom is gone which was our 5% mana back on a 40% chance when using abilities, they compensated this with 100% mana regen increase but it currently isn't enough at level 92 but it may even out at level 100.

On the flip side they are looking to revamp Flurry, instead it will now work similar to Sanctity of Battle which basically means Haste will reduce the Cooldown/GCD of our shorter CD abilities (Stormstrike, Lavalash, Flame Shock, Frost Shock) which should make Haste the way to go and make our rotation feel less awkward as we get more Haste.

I think that is a fantastic change and hopefully it goes through, so Enhance could be a mid/top of the meters DPS Spec once more but only time will tell!

As more things get released Enhance will be my primary focus on testing, so if you want to see something in particular or want me to test something let me know here and I will update the thread as information changes!