• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Warlock BC info

• Thread starter IusedtoPKinUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

IusedtoPKinUO

<blockquote><hr>

Here are various points of interest about some of the new talents and abilities. It doesn't really follow any train or theme, so bear with me.

Dark Pact will be receiving treatment similar to the Life Tap change, so that it takes spell damage gear into account (scaling).

The Felguard is still under development, so I don't have too many specifics that might not change. However, a brief exchange in a meeting with the devs went something like this:
- Me - What's the Felguard looking like? Will it possibly replace the VW?
- Dev - Hmmm...yeah, maybe it should. It has DPS abilities at the moment, but maybe it should have some threat-generating mechanics, as well.
- Me - ...(thinks of respecing into demo)
Hey, no guarantees, but it is under consideration.

Shadow Embrace is a self-oriented buff that reduces physical damage the Warlock may take. It won't stack with repeated casting.

Nether Protection will only proc from an outside source. Hellfire, Lifetap or other self-inflicted damage will not proc the effect.

Someone had asked why threat reduction was applied to Imp. Drain Soul instead of something like Grim Reach. Simply put, it makes a lesser used talent more valuable.

Soulwell is not the only source for Master Healthstones.

Seed of Corruption will explode whenever the target takes a total of 1044 damage from one or more sources. It only damages opponents. The damage from the explosion will count toward the 1044 damage of another target, should one be nearby. Think about that for a bit. You could also refer to the sig below for inspiration.

[/ QUOTE ]

kronides

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The change made to Dark Pact is fantastic, and it's about time! (32/8/11 here) I can't play without it as it is now, and it's only going to be so much better.

I will miss Imp Drain Mana, it's awesome draining their mana and damaging them simultaneously, why are they taking that out! Damn it.

The new pet is nice I guess, but, meh...I don't use pets now and don't expect to then, either. Well, I do, but I only use the imp, for the stamina buff and the neverending mana well that runs beside me and gives me no downtime ever. If I was gonna go demonology it would be for the damage mitigation, which looks really darn good, not for the pet. Our pets always seem way underpowered when you fight things your own level, I'm sure that one will be too.

Thanks for the clarifications you posted.

I

IusedtoPKinUO

I am a demo lock so I love the changes in the Demo tree big time

Although in BC I might spec full afilction because those talents look just awesome

I

IusedtoPKinUO

<blockquote><hr>

It's possible that the Fel Guard might have some useful tanking potential, however, we're still working out and tuning what he'll bring to the demonic table.

[/ QUOTE ]

kronides

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's possible that the Fel Guard might have some useful tanking potential, however, we're still working out and tuning what he'll bring to the demonic table.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic, the warlock with the best tank would be the build that needs it the least. &gt;.&lt; They (demonology warlocks) will already have the equivalent of wearing mail armor, perhaps even better than that.

I

IusedtoPKinUO

Well a good tank pet like hunters have would not hurt warlocks imo.

Cannot wait to see how things develop because all 3 new trees look very promising