• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want to come back to uo need a little help

E

ExUoPlayer24

When i come back to uo i am thinking of making a mage/tamer or a bard tamer. Since i have been away from uo for many years. What is a good template?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taming, lore, vet, three other skills.

Or sometimes 4, depending on what you want to do.

I personally like Taming, Lore, Vet, spellweaving, magery, meditation. All skills scrolled to 120.

You can also exchange meditation and weaving for music and discord (or peace). I don't like it, but some people swear by it.

Or you can exchange weaving for eval int, but I rarely use offensive spells when playing with pets.

Or you can have archery, tactics and chivalry for extra offense (and healing via chivalry). And if you play with the numbers enough, you can add a fourth extra skill. (i.e. 110 taming, 110 lore, 100 vet, 120 archery, 100 tactics, 70 chivalry, 100 resist)

Or you can do that with swords.

Or you can have 110 taming, 110 lore, 100 vet, 100 hiding, 80 stealth, a bunch of ninjitsu (I really don't know how much) and um... what else do ninja tamers use? Never tried it, but some people love it.

By the way, 110 lore and about 105 taming is enough for good control of a hiryu or cu sidhe, and pretty good control of a greater dragon. Can't really tame them yourself, but they'll listen to you once they're yours.

And I've never seen this done, but always wanted to try it: Vampire Tamer
120 swords, 110 taming, 110 lore, 100 vet, 75 chivalry, 90 tactics, 80 meditate, 35 necromancy

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
heres mine and it works great for me.
120 lore
120 taming with jewlery
115 vet
100 tact
100 archery
100 spellweaving
rest in chiv

get a greater drag or mare beetle combo, hit EoO, consecrate and divine fury and you get massive damage output

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TC1 allows you to model templates, higher end items, and max stats/skills.

type help commands and it will give you a list of commands.

The give commands pretty much give you access to high end artifacts. As well as more resources and Runic Tools than you will need to make the best player made items.

the set commands allow you to customize your template to anything you want.

One might do the following (it assumes 0 in all skills)

set animallore 1200
set animaltaming 1200
set veterinary 1200
set magery 1000
set musicianship 1200 (dont know if that is the exact spelling)
set Peacemaking 1200

The above would give you 120.0 in all the skills except magery which would be 100.0

You can obviously vary the amounts and the skills.

The results from the help command should give you the command to get all the correct spellings of all the skills.

Going through the 3 MoonGates near the Brtain Bank will enable youto place a houseand enable spellweaving. The 3Rd MoonGate, will instantly bond (you must feed them). You go tghrough the gate and have the pet go through the gate. Both of you should see little sparkles. You feed the Pet and it should bond.

Give resources and Give Arties are two commands that enable you to have access to high end artifacts and make any thing you want.

I have two accounts, the tamer on one account is a Peace/Page/Tamer the tamer on the other account is a Stealth Tamer.

Both use Honor for the Must Tame Know, No Questions asked.

Using the right artifacts, you can have the Magery to to 120 as well and may have some additional skill points to use. Making your own rings etc. I have never explored that avenue.

It is also pretty easy to place a House there. You do need to go through the MoonGate that ages your account so you can place a House first. Just remember all these Gates are at the Britain Bank. There normaly (always) is a Gate to Britain from Haven.

S

Sarphus

best tamer template from a well rounded standpoint is probably the 6x disco/tamer with magery or derivatives of that template.

that's
taming
lore
vet
music
discord
magery

You can squeeze more power by hybridizing further, but that makes you much more dependant on items. This template can run effectively in a cheap suit :)

J

jelinidas

best tamer template from a well rounded standpoint is probably the 6x disco/tamer with magery or derivatives of that template.

that's
taming
lore
vet
music
discord
magery

You can squeeze more power by hybridizing further, but that makes you much more dependant on items. This template can run effectively in a cheap suit :)
Adds provoke and a huge *nod*

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favourites:

Tame/lore/vet/mage/herding/hiding/stealth

I swap herding for eval when I need it, but this is a great general purpose one for safely taming and hunting with your pets. Herding works on your pets as well as untamed critters, so if you do a lot of paragon hunts, you can send a pet forward ahead of you. Or in Fel, herd pet 1 way, stealth the other for a great PK escape *wink* I use that template everywhere from Fel to Doom, Ilsh and general hunts. I find she's great at surviving.

Less great for survival but lot of fun and good damage: the bard tamer

Tame/lore/vet/music/disco/provo/mage

Get your real taming skill up to the level you need to control all your pets with real skill. You can't afford to have a pet refuse commands if you fail a provoke and something's eating you :D

Then if you can get music skills to 105 real skill, you can put on jewels to boost to the full 120. This template does require items for higher end mobs, but if you have the control of your pets, they can tank at times to give you a breather if disco/provo fails :) It's worth testing templates on test centre for bards.

You can also try the basic disco bard Sarphus suggests for a bard. I just like the extra fun of provo and being able to hunt without pets if required.

Wenchy