• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wanna be like me...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, someone does! A char called Cailleach Bheaur has showed up in game, and it's not me. My char will always show her guild tag (SAOR) and title, and she won't gate people to Fel, because that's not where she lives. Her house is south of Luna, next to the guild house, and she'll occasionally go out to the Fishers Co-op, near Yew, but never to Fel.

If you're unsure of which you've got there, ask for someone in the guild over general chat, and they should be able to tell you if she's logged in or not. Most likely not at the moment, as real life is getting in the way of my game time, and when I can log in, it's usually on my fisher :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but it sure looks like the rep of SAOR for helping young players is the likely spur here.

Easy then for some slime to entice players to Fel with the usual consequence.
Lets hope whoever it is gets tired of their infantile antics soon and gets a life.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, thank god! Some things the char was saying in general made me think tbh...

Hephaistos of Europa (Aris of CD)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just want to make sure no one thinks she's me :)

Cails name has a very specific meaning, as does her guild title, and her clothes, skin and hair reflect that meaning. Couldn't be clearer from the screeny that whoever it is doesn't know any of that.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just love the "logic" of people like this; How can I prove I'm better than Cailleach? I know! I'll become Cailleach! And do things like gate people to Felucca to get them killed! And be an idiot in general chat! Which is bad right? So Cailleach will get banned or at least discredited for doing things that I do... which would presumably have happened before now if it were even vaguely true, so I wouldn't need to do it at all if it were... and wait, doesn't it just further prove how it's actually me that's the idiot, because I'm the one actually doing this sort of stuff? For hours on end, which I could have spent more productively if I were capable...?

And then everyone comes online to defend the real Cailleach! What's up with that?! Didn't you hear the things I was saying just now?!

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
congratulations Cailleach, you are part of an exclusive group.
I once had a miniPsycho running around :D

Fans will be fans

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this makes me think about azumi who got like 6/7 differents alasters.
Alaster the Bad, alaster the sad, alaster the mac....

People always thought it was me :D

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Copy / paste from the last time there was a Caill wannabe...

Originally Posted by Cailleach
I'm told that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I do wonder sometimes!
Do you ever PvP with a character that people might know is related to Cail?

Have you killed any eejits lately?

... My swordswoman was named after my daughter (whose name was an Anglicised version of an Aramaic phrase.) She used to kill people quite efficiently.

One evening I logged in with an unknown charater to find "Immy" (re-created down to the same colour robe / hat), spouting abuse at people in Haven.

I logged-in with the real Immy, and started a conversation with "Immy 2" in Hebrew. Strangely enough; "Immy 2" immediately logged-out and was never seen again.
After a bit of digging-around, I found that "Immy 2" was an alt of someone that the real Immy had killed repeatedly at a spawn a few nights previously.

...of course, it might just be some arsewipe using the SAOR reputation for helping newbies to cause grief.

I think that the PvP/PvE distiction in UO is a good thing; but when a griefer created a character called Paidric in the "hlp" guild, I sooooo wanted to wanted to guild my red fencer, map him into Haven, and reskill the false Paidric, whilst shouting "it's spelled HLP, you arsehole!!"

*don't you just love American spellcheckers*

To be honest; I guess you are just suffering from the same sort of stupidity that Imoenyenneh, PsychO, Paidric, Noxin, and many others have had to deal with.... "Look at me!! I have the same name as an established character, so I must be famous."
This is one of the major faults of UO.
Other games which have a system of unique character names do result in lots of Legolas1, Legolas2, Legolasxxx names, but at least everybody knows who the real Legolas is.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't PvP, Fluffi, so it's highly unlikely to be that. I tend to just leave, which is far more annoying to anyone raiding than if I stood my ground, which is, in fact, why I do it!

As long as people know this char isn't me, that's all I'm really bothered about. All the guild and alliance know, so they'll make sure to keep it straight for everyone else :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest; I guess you are just suffering from the same sort of stupidity that Imoenyenneh, PsychO, Paidric, Noxin, and many others have had to deal with.... "Look at me!! I have the same name as an established character, so I must be famous."
This is one of the major faults of UO.
Other games which have a system of unique character names do result in lots of Legolas1, Legolas2, Legolasxxx names, but at least everybody knows who the real Legolas is.
Can't say it any better! You hit the nail on the head so to speak. I wish there was a solution to it.

Tis sad when any shard has valued reputable players having to deal with such immaturity in a game. Kind of late for UO to add something to fix this issue with names so it will always be an issue somewhere on all shards.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this makes me think about azumi who got like 6/7 differents alasters.
Alaster the Bad, alaster the sad, alaster the mac....

People always thought it was me :D
That is one of the impossibilities in life Alastar, there is only ONE Alastar and he is a total raving loonie, but we all still loves ya, just as there is only ONE Cailleach, all the good and fun people like you two and others do, will always draw these kinds of idiots, it is quite simply down to jealousy and also the fact that they have very small minds, as they say small things amuse small minds.

This kind of behavior shows how sad and empty their little lives really. They are not worth the time of day IMHO.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh true.

I'll just add, if there's a misunderstanding there, azumi is a real good friend of mine, and it was all good fun.

The kind of case with the "fake cailleach" is different : there's no fun in doing this, it's even stupid behavior.
And the most "funny" thing, is that's maybe this kind of people who will trap a young / starter in uo and disgust him from UO with such behaviour, which will after cry how much is uo becoming empty and no one does anything about...

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally agree Alaster, it is different when it is done by friends as a joke, and you know about it, but like you say when it comes to dimwitted small minded insensitive illiterate people that are doing the kind of things as with Cailleach, people like this still make me mad, I want to forget my Buddhist teachings, go back to my old bad self and rip them a new one.

I have to say I have young niece's and nephew's of between the ages of 4 and 7 that act with more maturity than these numpties. If they had any brains they would be bloody dangerous.