• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Wall of hungary mouths shield

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wall of Hungry Mouths (Heater Shield)
• Fire Eater 20
• Cold Eater 20
• Poison Eater 20
• Energy Eater 20
• Resist Physical 5%
• Resist Fire 1

This i believe will be abused as well. I think you should have to have parrying or something for these eaters to take effect.

I could have a piece on with 10% all damage eater, and not have parry, just a char with 1 handed weapons, and every time i think someone is going to dump a big combo on me, say, Explosion flamestrike.

Exp-FS with a 120 eval scribe mage, with 15 sdi and max int will do roughly, on avg, 70 dmg with this long casting combo. If i throw this shield on right before the damage hits, Bam, this combo only hit me for 49 damage. Pretty lethal for defense, and will be abused definitly.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wall of Hungry Mouths (Heater Shield)
• Fire Eater 20
• Cold Eater 20
• Poison Eater 20
• Energy Eater 20
• Resist Physical 5%
• Resist Fire 1

This i believe will be abused as well. I think you should have to have parrying or something for these eaters to take effect.

I could have a piece on with 10% all damage eater, and not have parry, just a char with 1 handed weapons, and every time i think someone is going to dump a big combo on me, say, Explosion flamestrike.

Exp-FS with a 120 eval scribe mage, with 15 sdi and max int will do roughly, on avg, 70 dmg with this long casting combo. If i throw this shield on right before the damage hits, Bam, this combo only hit me for 49 damage. Pretty lethal for defense, and will be abused definitly.
It adds health "After" you have taken damage. Like 3-5 seconds? It doesn't actually "LOWER) the damage you take. I tried it out; and as far I can tell; its "20%" of the damage you took. ALSO it doesn't round up. Like it takes 20% of the "25" from the EXP and 20% from the "35" of FS, meaning you get 5 hps in 3-5 seconds (after the spell hits); then 7 hps in 3-5 seconds (after the spell hits).

Anyways; it really isn't that big "OMG" like you think. I tested it out. Go put it on; and have someone EXP FS you. You will see what I mean. :p