• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wabbit Season and such

• Thread starter imported_Xotche of Meade
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Xotche of Meade

Good folk of Origin, may I ask if there be any others on this shard who do large scale event and festivals here? From my story posted several weeks ago, I am new here (from great Chesapeake) and have decided to journey here for a bit.

To my surprise I have seen several familiar faces and am happy not to feel so alone. Corin, it was wonderful to see you here and I do miss your grand shops and libraries from Glydenfeld. Did you set up shop here and where is it please? Also several other pvp players whom I recognize is the spawn good here?

Every year my guild or combination of other guilds and player towns held festivals or just events to celebrate seasons. Either it be something as fun as a giant net toss or marathon or 'last man standing' we even had some very funny felluca events 'pizza boy delivery' battle of towers many many fun times.

Anyways, it's almost wabbit season! I do not see so far a post for egg hunting, bunny bashing or best hat contest. Do we have a magistrate on this shard who would lend an ear and advise a new comer?

I will be happy to help host but do not want to step in on a particular town or guild that already does fun things like this.

G

Welcome to Origin! And there is something going on at least a couple times a month here. We are trying to get together to do more. There is a Story Night the third Saturday of each month at the Road To Hope Tavern, just had a Luna House giveaway, last month and archery contest, this month we are losing pets and need to find them, Where in the World Is Orhpeito?.

I am glad you come with a taste for flavoring our part of the world. Welcome twice over! Toes to step on? Heavens no! New friends to meet and make - yes! More events to have fun with - yes!

We are working on getting an all shard assembly formed and meeting every month to do at least one event each month - hope you would be interested in that too! A place we can all come together and do things for the shard and the game beyond toes.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

To my surprise I have seen several familiar faces and am happy not to feel so alone. Corin, it was wonderful to see you here and I do miss your grand shops and libraries from Glydenfeld. Did you set up shop here and where is it please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Xotche! Wow.. I'm very suprised to see you here! It's nice to have another fellow Chessy friend on Origin. =)

When I moved here I brought my library with me and it's at (nearly) the same house it was on Chessy before I left. In Makoto, along the Southern town wall. I have a few vendors but haven't had a lot of time to keep them up secondary to work keeping me busy during the week and a fund-raising activity I've been working on for the MS society.

Again good to see you!

I

imported_Xotche of Meade

<blockquote><hr>

When I moved here I brought my library with me and it's at (nearly) the same house it was on Chessy before I left. In Makoto, along the Southern town wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the Makoto area, gotcha. Here I had hopes that you also owned the very large home where your other library was on the cross roads in Brit (aka Gyldenfeld on Chessy). I shall hope to see it soon and have no idea how many trips it must have taken to develope such a large collection for another shard. *shutters* at the thought of recreating all those runes!

Good folk of Origin, I do come with a wonderful reputation for authentic comic relief from several multi-shard events. Octoberfest (and RL Renfest) being my favorite, we also have two very strong player towns on Chessy, Paxliar being the oldest. *puts in plug for orc townleader* www.paxlair.com

After several years of running events I have grown a little weary but do miss a good bunny bash and a 'family' egg hunt as I did know many children to play on Chessy during the weekends in the afternoon. Though I do not recomend children for this game it was nice when adult and children did share 'good' fun.

<font color="blue"> I would be honored to be invited to any meeting that promotes shard wide FREE events for anyone to participate in. </font>

On Origin at this time I cannot supply the huge prizes and gold we use to; give me time to finish grinding some characters that can withstand a white kraken, or at the very least a fun dungeon crawl, heheheeh

To get everyone grining of things to hopefully come, here are some old tried and true favorites:

Cow tipping
Chicken vs squirels
Battle of the Sexes
Last Man Standing
Giant snow ball rolling
Scavenger Hunts
Yard Sales (for Newbies)
Murder Mystery Night at the Zoo
Regattas
BAGBALL Tourneys

Please be reminded that no one person can run an event well with 100+ character/ participants at an event... it takes a couple of kind, happy spirited folks to plan and host larger scale pixel lagging crazy like a 3 legged cat on a frozen pond fun I am talking about. So when a post is sent with invitation, please join in!

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I shall hope to see it soon and have no idea how many trips it must have taken to develope such a large collection for another shard. *shutters* at the thought of recreating all those runes!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't recreate.. I brought all of the books with me from Chessy! Those that weren't useful I did try to start another set for, such as ore locations, but never finished it. I completed maybe 3 books. It was too much work to do again and I didn't have the time. And then they made the locations random so it worked out. =)

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
welcome to origin beawre we are a group of both hard core players and semi friends, time in game with us denotes doctors warnigns and serious carpal tunnel abuse lol enjoy!!!!!!!

I

imported_Xotche of Meade

Consider myself warned
and perhaps needing to extend more invitations to next years RL-UO Renfest gathering in Houston. This will be our 4th gathering (Indy, Michigan, Maryland, now Texas *shudders*) and our 9th year (some of us close to ten) of playing together, now that's long term pixel addiction, hehehe.

Thank you, I have enjoyed my stay so far!

G

I hope you were one of the ones helping to find my chicken today! and to have fun!