• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) VvV was fun!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thanks all.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a blast! Thanks everyone. Hope to be able to make more of these in the future.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hoffs had this.

An excellent event with a total of 30 participants, most of whom were there for the whole run. We were heavily out numbered and taken apart in the first town (Britain), but managed to hold our own generally over the next four. Ru of TnT helped win another town for Vice but Delores and Madison helped secure victory in the other three to give Virtue the overall win. Still, with the huge numbers we were facing, we ned to try and get more people in the field for future events.

Virtue
Becca
Boolean
Brutus
Dyno
Hoffs
Mistress Mayhem
Morgan Ironfist
Richard Garriott
Zardoz

Delores Duende
Madison De Mer

Vice
Baal
Bo
Calaman Baare
Dark Star
Freja
Julia Boin
Luka Melehan
Lyssa
Man o waR
Max Blackoak
Mish o Sha
Pinkerton
Ramerius (sp?)
Ru
Sexy Evildoer
Sprago
Sir Vincent
Tom Blackoak
WhiteWitch
Zalfein

Let me know anyone I missed.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am told only one savage was there and only for a part of it:
Bishor

Hated to miss this one myself. Impressive list of names.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks all.
Yes Virtue did not have the numbers, but you do have one big advantage, you are all green to each others and can get full advantage of field spells.
Vice was splitted in 3 alliances so half of the orange was on our side. A little hard, when all run so fast and you have to check name/guild tag on orange before target them.
Was alot of chaos but great fun and at least TDO*/The Unwanted did win first town.

Congrats GIL for your great team work :)

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Also the odds not as clear cut as it would seem, I was killed as much by "vice" as I was by Gil, at the end I was no longer sure who was friend or foe

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did attack a few vice with a mistake too but I believe they understood it was a mistake, believe I 2 times did hit a hidden Vice with a field spell and I know I wrong target Bo and Dark Star too so it may have been a mistake, that they attacked you too or if you made fields, it will make an Archer running in to it auto hit you.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Chaos is not pretty yet has a beauty of it's own.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to inform anyone that cares IPKU may be considered Vice but we claim no loyalties to either side we have been known to attack either Vice or Virtue and we also have been known to run along side Virtue as well as Vice. So basically im saying dont assume we are on the same side just because the days actions show Vice tendencies tomorrows actions may be just the opposite.

These battles have been awesome and every week there seems to be more and more guilds out there i love seeing it
Play your style and have fun Siege.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was that not the best field fighting in forever? Good times.
Yes it was best time i have had PVPing in omg i cant even remember the last time i loved seeing some old friends coming out to play and there was also few names ive never seen before again best time in a long time

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I would like to inform anyone that cares IPKU may be considered Vice but we claim no loyalties to either side we have been known to attack either Vice or Virtue and we also have been known to run along side Virtue as well as Vice. So basically im saying dont assume we are on the same side just because the days actions show Vice tendencies tomorrows actions may be just the opposite.

These battles have been awesome and every week there seems to be more and more guilds out there i love seeing it
Play your style and have fun Siege.
I think it is fine if we have a vice group or two, who will choose to fight on their own or even fight side by Virtue if the balance is bad for Virtue however it would be nice to know, when you are with the Vice group and when you go alone or aid Virtue.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Ya can't control chaos... just roll with it.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I did attack a few vice with a mistake too but I believe they understood it was a mistake, believe I 2 times did hit a hidden Vice with a field spell and I know I wrong target Bo and Dark Star too so it may have been a mistake, that they attacked you too or if you made fields, it will make an Archer running in to it auto hit you.
I was mostly healing, when multiple mages chain flamestrikes on you when you are stood waiting for players to form up at the start of a game, that is intentional, but yes, very often its mistakes

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One thing I appreciated was the high turnout just after the patch a few days ago. There are frequent comments about how on Atlantic pvp dries up for several days after a patch until the third party programs get updated, but it didn't seem to affect us at all. I think this might have been the most in a single battle at once I've seen.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Whoa sounds like everyone had a blast. Unfortunately I can never make it to weekend events due to work. Imagine if it was no loot all the time we could have this much fun everyday!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
We were such a small group we were all in party so any non party members were targets for me, sorry if I hit anyone that was on our side. Zardoz still claims foul when that rune bug, nightmare and Greater Dragon were jumping all over his chest. ;) I learned real quick to run the other way when I saw that team coming toward me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Whoa sounds like everyone had a blast. Unfortunately I can never make it to weekend events due to work. Imagine if it was no loot all the time we could have this much fun everyday!
It can happen everyday if we want it to happen. As far I know, no one of this players will loot at VvV battles other times of the day/week, but I could be wrong as I rarely get looted at all. You may have to make them know, you are out looking for a fight.

If people know, you won't loot, most won't loot. Most just want some actions. No looting may be far away from what "Siege was meant to be" but who care if we have fun.

Also if you do want to loot, when out PKilling someone doing PvM, let them keep their and only loot, what they just looted from monsters, this way, they can go on with their monster killing right after. You get to kill and they get a adrenalin kick or some of them do.

People are way more willing to PvP if they know, their combat gear is safe. You can even stay around, let them get a friend or two, if non PvP'ers and try to take back the monster loot.

Share the fun and you will have fun.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
As many times I died, during the VvV battles I have been to, no one looted a thing, one thing that I got a laugh at was on Ocllo at the healers, three people were exiting the healers still wearing the death robe when Zardoz runs by, we all stop, Zardoz says "I don't rez kill", and was typing "run along you are not the droids I seek" when they all took off back to their bodies. Since they were moving east, I felt it was better to go west so as not to give them a feeling that I was chasing them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Res kill do happens, when so many around but most times, it is followed of a sorry and a res if they see you dropped to fast.

Now I just get my stuff, heal up, remount and join the fun again, stat loss or not. Sure I may drop easier but the stat loss timer to not reset if you die again, so sometimes I res with full stats second time and did help kill someone before I died second time.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm going to macro this for next Sunday;

"I don't rez kill, run along, you are not the droids I seek" ;)

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is fine if we have a vice group or two, who will choose to fight on their own or even fight side by Virtue if the balance is bad for Virtue however it would be nice to know, when you are with the Vice group and when you go alone or aid Virtue.
Freja i guess best bet would be assume ipku is fighting as a solo team (we dont belong to an alliance ipku at the moment is a stand alone guild)
unless we talk on the battle firld any type of feild alliance would be decide during the fight

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's funny, when my alliance before the fight, asked who was with us, my answer was most Vice (RES, B^A, TBB including Ramerius and his beetle, Parser) would fight with our alliance (TDO*, HOoO, VIC and MAD!).
CLAN and maybe IPKU would be on their own, as I never know where I have you :p

Last edited: