• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VvV members recalling out of active VvV towns should be forbidden!

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV players who enter VvV towns shouldn't be able to recall out before the town timer ends.

All i see is stealthers stealing sigils and recalling out as soon as they smell danger using sacred journey fc4 or casting protection then recall. This is so unfair & destroys the pvp element which is supposed to be the fun part in VvV towns.

"Imagine if players could recall out from dungeon blackthorn fel, lost lands, or any other dungeons"

Players who cap VvV towns should logically obey to same rules by taking their action at their own risk, their only escape should logically be by running out of town then recalling or by reaching to the closest gate in order to find their way out.

@Kyronix

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, this is hassle.

Infact, i think it would be best that if you are VVV and get flagged ANYWHERE you shouldn't be able to leave until your battle timer has done its cycle. (Soulstone cooldown esq)

Would stop all this nonsense.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well damn.....you want a VvV town to simply act a big dragnet to collect targets for you and your guildies since they can't escape?

There are people who play solo or in small guilds where support isn't usually available.. When 2-3 VvV enemies turn up, there can only be one outcome if you have to stay and fight multiple opponents. Personally, if I am in the mood, I try, in most circumstances, to stay and fight 1 v 1. I usually lose..but sheesh...its all experience and I do lose less often now. Or at least not as quickly..One day I may not be the worst PvP'er on Europa.;p

How can you really justify not allowing players to try and escape overwhelming opposition? I'm taking stealthers out of this entirely since their whole template is essentially designed to do just that and they have every right to play to their template.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well damn.....you want a VvV town to simply act a big dragnet to collect targets for you and your guildies since they can't escape?

There are people who play solo or in small guilds where support isn't usually available.. When 2-3 VvV enemies turn up, there can only be one outcome if you have to stay and fight multiple opponents. Personally, if I am in the mood, I try, in most circumstances, to stay and fight 1 v 1. I usually lose..but sheesh...its all experience and I do lose less often now. Or at least not as quickly..One day I may not be the worst PvP'er on Europa.;p

How can you really justify not allowing players to try and escape overwhelming opposition? I'm taking stealthers out of this entirely since their whole template is essentially designed to do just that and they have every right to play to their template.
They can simply run out of town and recall, dont u do the same thing in dungeons and why dont u cry about it?

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the OP, a VvV town should be handled like a fel dungeon.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV players who enter VvV towns shouldn't be able to recall out before the town timer ends.

All i see is stealthers stealing sigils and recalling out as soon as they smell danger using sacred journey fc4 or casting protection then recall. This is so unfair & destroys the pvp element which is supposed to be the fun part in VvV towns.

"Imagine if players could recall out from dungeon blackthorn fel, lost lands, or any other dungeons"

Players who cap VvV towns should logically obey to same rules by taking their action at their own risk, their only escape should logically be by running out of town then recalling or by reaching to the closest gate in order to find their way out.

@Kyronix
But to a stealther stealing sigils pvp ISN'T the fun part, it's stealing the thing under your noses and getting away with it. Believe it or not I've done a bit of sigil stealing since vvv came in - I have runes marked around the outskirts of most towns. When I recall away I'm often only going to the other side of town to sneak back in again :D

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But to a stealther stealing sigils pvp ISN'T the fun part, it's stealing the thing under your noses and getting away with it. Believe it or not I've done a bit of sigil stealing since vvv came in - I have runes marked around the outskirts of most towns. When I recall away I'm often only going to the other side of town to sneak back in again :D