• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Voting Results By Shard

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The names of the new governors and governor-elects, as well as which trade deals are in force as of this morning are listed in this Google spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj2lpjetLFwwdHZscmxfSHQySkJSZlF6aEN5cGo4VEE&usp=sharing

Note: I believe a "governor-elect" is a character that has been elected as governor of a city without any election problems or irregularities, but who still has to visit the city stone to accept the governorship.

The 243 city governorships are split up as follows, as of this morning:

Elected governors: 157 (65%)
Governor-elects: 15 (6%)
"Pending King's Choice": 71 (either no one ran or there's a problem with the election) (29%)

Shards with a full slate of governors and governor-elects: Asuka, Atlantic, Chesapeake, Drachenfels, Europa, Great Lakes, Hokuto, Izumo, Sakura, Siege, Sonoma, Yamato.

Shards with currently vacant governor seats: Arirang (8), Balhae (8), Formosa (8), Baja (7), Origin (7), Lake Austin (6), Mugen (6), Oceania (5), Catskills (4), Napa Valley (3), Pacific (3), Mizuho (2), Wakoku (2), Lake Superior (1), and Legends (1).

Trade deals, by popularity, as of this morning:

33 Guild of Assassins (+5% Swing Speed Increase)
15 Guild of Arcane Arts (+5% Spell Damage Increase)
14 Bardic Collegium (+1 Faster Casting)
14 Merchant's Association (+2 Mana Regeneration)
7 Warrior's Guild (+5% Hit Chance Increase)
2 Mining Cooperative (+3 Strength Bonus)
1 Maritime Guild (+2 Hit Point Regeneration)
0 Guild of Healers (5% Bandage Healing Bonus)
0 League of Rangers (+3 Intelligence Bonus)
0 Order of Engineers (+3 Dexterity Bonus)
0 Society of Clothiers (+1% resist bump to all resists)

Another interesting discovery: On Mugen, there are city stones both in the Trammel facet and in the Felucca facet (the whole shard is subject to the Fel ruleset, however). However, it appears that the city stones in the Trammel facet were never turned on. The only city stones on Mugen that showed information to indicate they were used for the election were the ones in the Felucca facet.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am curious if anyone has heard whispers of when the first councils with King Blackthorn might be taking place... or if that was only blowing smoke...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am curious if anyone has heard whispers of when the first councils with King Blackthorn might be taking place... or if that was only blowing smoke...
Great Lakes' meeting has been publicly announced.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/council-meeting-friday-june-28th-8-p-m-cdt.300759/

LS's occurred yesterday.

http://lakesuperior.uoem.net/?p=1913

I haven't heard of any others yet but there's several scheduled events of one kind or another on the shards I looked at so they likely will have to find a way to squeeze it in somehow. I did not intensively examine all shards, more like 4.

Oh, wait, I haven't answered your question.

I have heard no whispers.

I have, however, seen public announcements.

-Galen's player

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Japanese shards are having their council meetings later this month:

June 28 22:00 Wakoku
June 29 22:00 Izumo, Mizuho, and Mugen
June 30 22:00 Asuka, Yamato, and Sakura
June 30 22:30 Hokuto

http://yamato.uoem.net/

The translation Google provided for that page kind of makes me think each governor is going to get 2 minutes to introduce themselves and talk about aspirations for their city. There is also a picture further down the page that looks like it shows where each governor is supposed to sit at the meetings.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep.
The translation Google provided for that page kind of makes me think each governor is going to get 2 minutes to introduce themselves and talk about aspirations for their city. There is also a picture further down the page that looks like it shows where each governor is supposed to sit at the meetings.
The seating thing is actually pretty cool. It wont let anyone else sit in your governors seat. Kinda refreshing to see this newish technology in UO.

Were spectators allowed at the Lake Superior meeting??
Yep.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are the only other council meetings that I could find mentioned on EM websites or the EM forums here on Stratics.

June 16 09:00 pm EST Lake Superior
June 28 09:00 pm EDT Great Lakes
June 29 08:00 pm EST Atlantic

That leaves council meetings still to be scheduled for these 16 shards: Arirang, Baja, Balhae, Catskills, Chesapeake, Drachenfels, Europa, Formosa, Lake Austin, Legends, Napa Valley, Oceania, Origin, Pacific, Siege Perilous, and Sonoma.

Note: I just noticed a thread on the Legends forum that says the governors on Legends are holding their own meeting, without an EM since their shard doesn't currently have an EM, tonight at 9:30 pm EST at Blackthorn's castle.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep.

The seating thing is actually pretty cool. It wont let anyone else sit in your governors seat. Kinda refreshing to see this newish technology in UO.

Yep.

Did the seating for the Lake Superior council meeting match the chart that was on the Yamato EM site? And how long did each governor get to talk, if at all? And how long was the meeting?

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Someone please let me know if they hear when the Catskills meeting is.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did the seating for the Lake Superior council meeting match the chart that was on the Yamato EM site? And how long did each governor get to talk, if at all? And how long was the meeting?
Couldnt find the seating chart on the Yamato site.... but on LS it was....

| Table |
| |
(Yew)(Vesper)(Skara)(Moonglow)(Trinsic)(King)(Britain)(Minoc)(New Mag)(Jhelom)

Each mayor introduced themselves at first then the king talked.... then any governor was allowed to bring up converns or whathaveyou. Was pretty open.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Governor i need to be used to it that the chair talks to me ;)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The names of the new governors and governor-elects, as well as which trade deals are in force as of this morning are listed in this Google spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj2lpjetLFwwdHZscmxfSHQySkJSZlF6aEN5cGo4VEE&usp=sharing

Note: I believe a "governor-elect" is a character that has been elected as governor of a city without any election problems or irregularities, but who still has to visit the city stone to accept the governorship.

"Pending King's Choice": 71 (either no one ran or there's a problem with the election) (29%)

Shards with a full slate of governors and governor-elects: Asuka, Atlantic, Chesapeake, Drachenfels, Europa, Great Lakes, Hokuto, Izumo, Sakura, Siege, Sonoma, Yamato.

Shards with currently vacant governor seats: Arirang (8), Balhae (8), Formosa (8), Baja (7), Origin (7), Lake Austin (6), Mugen (6), Oceania (5), Catskills (4), Napa Valley (3), Pacific (3), Mizuho (2), Wakoku (2), Lake Superior (1), and Legends (1).

Another interesting discovery: On Mugen, there are city stones both in the Trammel facet and in the Felucca facet (the whole shard is subject to the Fel ruleset, however). However, it appears that the city stones in the Trammel facet were never turned on. The only city stones on Mugen that showed information to indicate they were used for the election were the ones in the Felucca facet.
On Drachenfels we debating what trade deals to take in each town. We trying to give everyone a wide variety of Buffs. For Skara its possible its going towards Guild of Healers.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the things holding back some deals on Siege is the question of whether a trade deal will remain indefinitely. The Publish notes indicated it would, but the information to governors on the town stones seems to suggest that you will have to pay the two million every week. That would make many trade deals non-viable.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the things holding back some deals on Siege is the question of whether a trade deal will remain indefinitely. The Publish notes indicated it would, but the information to governors on the town stones seems to suggest that you will have to pay the two million every week. That would make many trade deals non-viable.
It will cost 2 mill every week..... why would it make them non-viable? Gold hard to come by on siege? I mean yeah obv. there are a few trade deals better then most.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone direct me to any information regarding the whole governor/election thing. How it is supposed to work, what I am supposed to do, it didn't say anything when I went to the stone after the election so no idea if i am still gov elect or what lol. I am gov of Vesper on my shard, no idea what is supposed to happen now.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you won, you have to click the stone and accept the position
I clicked the stone and nothing happened, just said I was governor, didn't get anything to say 'accept', the stone says I am governor-elect, when i click it it says 'the current governor of vesper is me'. Stone still says i am gov elect tho.

beats me

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it say gov under your name? There should have been an option for you to accept the position. Maybe you already accepted it? If its not done in a week, you forfeit..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does it say gov under your name? There should have been an option for you to accept the position. Maybe you already accepted it? If its not done in a week, you forfeit..
It does say "Governor of XXX under your name..... and I already accepted it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I clicked the stone and nothing happened, just said I was governor, didn't get anything to say 'accept', the stone says I am governor-elect, when i click it it says 'the current governor of vesper is me'. Stone still says i am gov elect tho.

beats me
Did you do that within the 24 hours the election was over?

And you also need to single click the stone and open the context menu to accept office.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will cost 2 mill every week..... why would it make them non-viable? Gold hard to come by on siege? I mean yeah obv. there are a few trade deals better then most.
NOT 2 million a week , Only 2 million if you change trade deal. Otherwise the trade deal don't change. Trade deals "can" be changed only 1 time a week by the governor. Thats a big dfference.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the link Frarc, also single clicking the stone makes a difference. I was double clicking it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So far his is the result on Drachenfels :

Britain
Gilmour [Danish Knuckleheads]: Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase

Jhelom
New Frarc [Camannon Aman Thalion]:Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase

Minoc
Nirot [Danish Knuckleheads]: Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase

Moonglow
Nicnivin [The Unseelie Court]:

New Magincia
Stephen [Danish Knuckleheads]: Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting

Skara Brae
Coco Zamis [Die Wilde 13]: Guild of Healers: +5% Bandage Healing Bonus

Trinsic
Ta'ira Tal [Pirates of Darkness]: Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase

Vesper
Thenon Tomeshk [Circus Charivari]: Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration

Yew
Yders Ap Thul [Council-of-Yew]:

Moonglow is decided this evening, Yew will be decided when Yders is back in town. :)

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NOT 2 million a week , Only 2 million if you change trade deal. Otherwise the trade deal don't change. Trade deals "can" be changed only 1 time a week by the governor. Thats a big dfference.

The other poster was starting to make me wonder if I misunderstood the publish notes, which say "indefinitely" until changed.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma Virtue Cities Trade Deals as of 6AM PT 26 July 2013:

Britain Queen Mum Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
Jhelom Galahad Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
Minoc Karn NONE Was: Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
Moonglow Festus Fogbottom Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase
New Magincia Luvs Harmony Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase
Skara Brae Clym of Clough Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
Trinsic Arch Angel Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration
Vesper Garth Flaa NONE Was: Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration
Yew Thoth Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase

Last edited:

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It turns out that the trade deals ARE for one week only. Two million per week is just too expensive for most towns, at least on Siege. Especially combined with the tax on donations.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 Million a week is realy too much for smaller shards. And with 5 % reduction on donations a day that hard to gather the 2 million.

Or the trade deals needs to last longer or the reduction a day needs to be gone .

I will have to mention this to the King next sunday on our first meeting. I don't want that my citizens only work to make Lord Blackthorn rich!

Frarc, Governor of Jhelom.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Pub notes say: "Trade deals can be changed once per real world week and persist indefinitely."

One week doesn't seem indefinite to me.

Last edited:

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Supposedly Chesapeakes meeting will tak place the first week of July, at least thats the rumour.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Change the 1 week for 1 month. 4 Weeks seems more Realistic for smaller population Shards. Or If the devs want the buff be changed more often, Make it 1 million to renew each 2 weeks or something like that.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any interesting news or information to pass along from council meetings on their shard?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't think to ask about that or I would have last night..... not that I think the King would be able to do much of anything about that. However I do agree I too thought indefinite meant I pay 2 Million one time and if I don't change the agreement then I don't have to pay anymore throughout my term...

However I will say this... DON'T put money on your stone over 10k until you are actually going to do something... I drop the 2 mill on Tuesday and don't put more money on till it's time. Now this sort of sucks for me having to be the one always forking over 2 mill but I suppose anyone who wanted to donate to the cause would know how to contact me about it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any interesting news or information to pass along from council meetings on their shard?
On GL:

Went pretty well.

People who don't appear to understand themselves as roleplayers were roleplaying and going with it.

-Galen's player

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blackthorn is a Charlatan, I say we revolt and put an end to his tom-foolery!

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just took a tour of the nine towns on Drachenfels with governors to see how they were getting on with those trade deals.
8 have no trade deal at all. One, Jhelom, has an active trade deal with the Warrior's Guild.
It seems there is either little interest on the deals or two million a week is too much for Drachenfelians.

How are other shards getting on?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just took a tour of the nine towns on Drachenfels with governors to see how they were getting on with those trade deals.
8 have no trade deal at all. One, Jhelom, has an active trade deal with the Warrior's Guild.
It seems there is either little interest on the deals or two million a week is too much for Drachenfelians.

I started to update the Google spreadsheet a week or so ago to show which towns had new governors appointed by the King and what the current trade deals were. However, the results were so discouraging that I stopped.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Most every town in Napa Valley has no deal active. I can speak with authority that New Magincia has never had a trade deal, as the best I can figure, my guildmate and I are the only ones who would use it, and we can't sustain it ourselves.

(To any Napa Valley citizens of New Magincia who would want to say otherwise: "Hello. It's nice to meet you. I am your elected governor, and I've been trying to meet you for a month to solicit you for ideas for a trade deal and perhaps the funds to sustain it. Hope to speak more with you soon.")

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most every town in Napa Valley has no deal active. I can speak with authority that New Magincia has never had a trade deal, as the best I can figure, my guildmate and I are the only ones who would use it, and we can't sustain it ourselves.

(To any Napa Valley citizens of New Magincia who would want to say otherwise: "Hello. It's nice to meet you. I am your elected governor, and I've been trying to meet you for a month to solicit you for ideas for a trade deal and perhaps the funds to sustain it. Hope to speak more with you soon.")
I checked out all the towns on Napa Valley. All 9 have governors. 0 have trade deals.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm Governor of Jhelom. :)

I said it before, its not the 2 million that bothers me to start a trade deal. It is the 5% Tax every day on the donations.

Last edited: