• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Voting open on deco contest!

F

feath

If you've got an entry in the deco contest, be sure to tell your friends to go vote!

If you dont have one entered - go vote! lol - peeps put a lot of effort into these entries, let them feel the deco love!

http://www.uodeco.com

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to see there were so many entries but it did pose a challenge for voting. There were more than 3 designs that had at least 1 thing I felt was extra special, but they weren't necessarily special in the same way. For one that I chose, while there wasn't really much in the way of deco, the fun arrangement and theme rated high to me. In the end I managed to narrow down to 3 that most appealed to me in the theme of the contest objectives. I certainly plan to snip out the sections I particularly liked for future deco examples in my photobucket. :)

Thanks for those that put effort into designs and shared them, and to feath for putting in all the work to host the contest on the deco site!

-Skylark

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick note to say thanks to feath for organising this. The web site is excellent (just my novice opinion!!!) and easy to navigate and understand.

I guess trying to make any sytem of voting is always going to be difficult and fraught with balance issues.... most political parties etc have been arguing about this for centuries lol. I think you did a great job!

p.s keep voting people!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a tough time voting, but I tried to keep in mind that 3 is usually considered average. So a design that is nice but doesn't do anything special would get a 3 from me. I saw some really creative efforts, I think I only gave out a couple 5's tho. I'm a tough judge! But on the other hand I didn't give out a single 1. I'm kind of a softie, lol.

C

Crystal Canyon

I had a tough time voting, but I tried to keep in mind that 3 is usually considered average. So a design that is nice but doesn't do anything special would get a 3 from me. I saw some really creative efforts, I think I only gave out a couple 5's tho. I'm a tough judge! But on the other hand I didn't give out a single 1. I'm kind of a softie, lol.
People are having a hard time navigating the site to vote and not understanding how to vote. From what Im being told everyone is hitting the first one they come to and rating it,therefore the first three that anyone hits gets thier votes, and the ones that they really meant to vote for they are then not able to.

F

feath

actually, they can...
technically, they can vote for every single picture. the system will only stop you from voting more than once on each picture, not limit you to how many pictures you can vote for. the 'vote three times' is basiclly on the honor system.

I went that way because I was expecting between 50-100 pictures to be submitted, and didn't expect anyone to want to sift through that many pictures, rating each one.

I can just change the 'rules' and have people rate 1-5 to vote. after only 1 day, it wont make that much of an inpact.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took the same approach Sarsmi...except before I started to rate, after I had looked at all the entries once, on impulse I decided to read the voting instructions again before I started rating them, and then I realized that we weren't supposed to rate each one (like I originally thought) but choose 3 to rate (although it also said the individual rating wouldn't matter, just the tally). So, I wrote down all the ones that I had planned to rate higher than 3. I then actually rated the two 5's I had noted, and my favorite of the 4's from those choices. My head hurts. :D

-Skylark

C

Coven of One

[QUOTEI can just change the 'rules' and have people rate 1-5 to vote. after only 1 day, it wont make that much of an inpact.[/QUOTE]

Well that's a downer if you actually do change it, since I bothered to actually read the instructions first and just rated the 3 I voted for as 1s.

F

feath

[QUOTEI can just change the 'rules' and have people rate 1-5 to vote. after only 1 day, it wont make that much of an inpact.
Well that's a downer if you actually do change it, since I bothered to actually read the instructions first and just rated the 3 I voted for as 1s.[/QUOTE]

I got to thinking about it, and really, the way it is now is the best way. peeps may not have read the rules, but it'll all balance out in the long run.

L

Leanan Sidhe

Thanks Feath... you did a great job organizing all that. And what a job job voting was!!
Nice job everyone

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTEI can just change the 'rules' and have people rate 1-5 to vote. after only 1 day, it wont make that much of an inpact.
Well that's a downer if you actually do change it, since I bothered to actually read the instructions first and just rated the 3 I voted for as 1s.
I got to thinking about it, and really, the way it is now is the best way. peeps may not have read the rules, but it'll all balance out in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Oops! I'm one of those people. I just assumed we would look at all the pics and rate each one, hehe. I would look at them all anyways of course! I didn't vote for my own, I can't ever judge my stuff. But I think I hit all the other pictures.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So..... if we only voted for three, should we go back and give ratings to the others? Can you see the ratings that each picture gets? How are you going to know which pictures should move onto the final round?

F

feath

So..... if we only voted for three, should we go back and give ratings to the others? Can you see the ratings that each picture gets? How are you going to know which pictures should move onto the final round?
There's only 1 round - when I extended the deadline, I had to make it a one round vote, so the winner could get announced before halloween, and people wouldn't get tired of voting over and over...
you can see the ratings/votes by looking here ( http://www.uodeco.com/halloween08/top.php ) ... the top 5 will be the winners at the end of voting.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting...the by votes rating right now contains my top picks (and I only "voted" for 3 as per the instructions)...the by rating however does not.

-Skylark