• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vortex Cube - Blackrock Detector - Captain Johne

G

Eh, if you're getting tired of my posts, I apologize. But this plot... I like.

So! A Vortex Cube was used to power the blackrock detector. This is what the Vortex Cube is capable of doing:

The Vortex Cube is a very old and powerful item, a black cube that can be used as a container. If the eight Moonstones of Britannia are stored into it, it has the power to draw and return objects from the Ethereal Void. But even without the Moonstones, the Vortex Cube is still powerful enough to allow teleporting through Britannia.

Source: http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Vortex_Cube

This being true, it could give some truth to my Captain Johne theory. In one of the posts I had, I linked journal entries of Captain Johne, which were from Ultima V, that described Captain Johne, the three Shadowlords (while they were in human form), and Sutek crashing their ship, and sinking into the underworld. The Ethereal Void and the Underworld, I believe, are the same thing (think Ultima Underworld II).

Upon the use of the detector, it created a rift in time, sending all of us into Bizzaro Time-Stilled Moonglow, and also, with use from the Vortex Cube, dragged creatures from the Ethereal Void. Along with these creatures, Captain Johne was brought back. Remember after we were all sent back to regular Moonglow by the Time Lord? There was a body that Kronos' apprentice did not recognize, but Sutek did. I am assuming this is Captain Johne.

Again. Sorry if you are getting tired of my posts. But I like this stuff

G

I think that it is an excellent theory!

Although, I am not absolutely sure that the Ethereal Void and the Underworld are the same thing (I could certainly be wrong). An ethereal void usually describes some sort 'outer-space' or 'warp' of energy, somewhere out there in another dimension of being, something that mages are able to tap into and draw upon. The ether is where all mages supposably draw upon their magic. An underworld, on the other hand, is usually some sort of underground; that can be either like Hades of Greek Mythology, or a network of subterranean enviroments like in Faerun.

Then again, I always believed that the Great Stygian Abyss (having never played any of the canon Ultima Games, and having to go by online descriptions to get the lore) was some sort of ethereal void, and turns out its more like some sort of underworld super-dungeon.

Edit: Looking through the above wikia, it does appear that the etheral void is a magical empty place existing outside of time and space, whereas the underworld is a physical place beneath Britannia.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

There was a body that Kronos' apprentice did not recognize, but Sutek did. I am assuming this is Captain Johne.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume it was simply the body of Kronos. Maybe Dexter didn't recognize him because he was horribly disfigured by Astaroth's attack?

Edit: I was assuming incorrectly... Captain Avery confirms that the wounded man carried away by Sutek and Dexter was somebody else.

BTW - what was exactly the dialogue between Sutek and Dexter? You were apparently the only one to witness it...

I

imported_Ozymandies

Hmm, it appears the cube was powered by blackrock this time. This may have allowed it to create the bubble Moonglow, where creatures from the Underworld (Void?) can opportunistically invade.

Why can't the monsters in the bubble use the moongate to escape and invade Sosaria? Are we defending the moongate at this point? Said gate was placed by the Timelord?

When did Sutek enter the story, during this event? Where has he been?

OZ